Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Publishing Blackberry World Applications - BDS

Has anyone looked into pushing BlackBerry World Applications through thsir BDS?
    I added Password Keeper, but when I try to download it from the my Z10, the download icon just goes dim and it sits there.

I was able to download it without problems from the regular BB World

Any insight or suggestions would be great

James
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts

I don't have a Z10 but I've already added Enterprise Work Drives and an RDP client. Did you ever get this to work? I'm struggling though pinpointing which ones are native on BlackBerry World. Most that I try to add are Android.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

No, not yet.
    I'll be contacting BlackBerry early next week.
    I tried using Cisco WebEx as well. No luck
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple

I'm currently having this exact same issue as the OP but with BlackBerry Work Drives (which is an incredible-sounding app itself).

I won't bother posting a new thread on the issue, but I'll keep an eye here. I was having a hard time initially connecting all the dots, but I've customized BlackBerry World, and applied software policies make it show up in BlackBerry World in Work mode via Balance. Going to "Public Apps" shows the BlackBerry Work Drives application, but pressing the download button dims the button and it eventually times out.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Incident opened with BlackBerry
    I will update this thread as I get more information from them. They don't see anything obvious right now

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

How are you adding these? Are you creating a software configuration and assigning it to the users after selecting the app world apps? I have deployed a half dozen apps to my BB10 devices.

As a very simple walkthrough:

1. Add BlackBerry World Software (has to be QNX, not QNX/Android)
    2. Create software configuration
    3. Add applications to software configuration
    4. Assign software configuration to user
    5. in 15-30 minutes software is available under "Public Apps" in the BB World - Work Apps application

User can download any of these at will. All are set to optional.
    ~S_A
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    How are you adding these? Are you creating a software configuration and assigning it to the users after selecting the app world apps? I have deployed a half dozen apps to my BB10 devices.

5. in 15-30 minutes software is available under "Public Apps" in the BB World - Work Apps application

I feel like I did from 2-5. I'm thinking that may actually be the problem though. With BlackBerry World - Work already listed in the Work section of Balance, I can see how not adding that software would cause this problem. I'm guessing the OP must have done the same thing.

Thanks Sith!

EDIT: After attempting this again and not yet succeeding, can you go over step 1 please?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I essentially did those same steps and it didn't work. I created a brand new Software Config with the BB tech support in a webex session.
    I followed their instructions just to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong and we had the same issue.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

"We have been able to duplicate this internally and our Senior Developer team is currently engaged actively investigating this issue" - From BlackBerry support
    Thanked by 2:
    Tigerr (02-13-2013) 

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Sounds like there may be an issue in some environments?

As for Step 1

Go to BlackBerry solution management section
    Expand Software
    Expand Applications
    Select Add BlackBerry World applications
    Specify URL to the application
    Select Next
    Select Publish Application

Then proceed to assign to a software configuration.

Also, as this is only a BES10/BDS issue, going to move to the BES10 forum.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Newbie

Having the exact same issue so it will be interesting to see what Blackberry's remedy is.. I have 3 "test" users set up in the new BES10 environment, all three are using the same software configuration in BES10, as well as the same IT Policy, yet 2 users, (myself and our CEO) were able to install and access work drives with no issues, but our VP of Ops can not.. when trying to download, it sits for a few minutes and times out.

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by robiniwitz View Post
    Having the exact same issue so it will be interesting to see what Blackberry's remedy is.. I have 3 "test" users set up in the new BES10 environment, all three are using the same software configuration in BES10, as well as the same IT Policy, yet 2 users, (myself and our CEO) were able to install and access work drives with no issues, but our VP of Ops can not.. when trying to download, it sits for a few minutes and times out.
    Well that sounds like a MDS/connection issue. Wipe the work side of your VP and reactivate. That would be the fastest way to fix. Also make sure you try a couple of times to make sure it goes through. I have noticed there is a lag time between selecting download and the download actually starting on the work side.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well that sounds like a MDS/connection issue. Wipe the work side of your VP and reactivate. That would be the fastest way to fix. Also make sure you try a couple of times to make sure it goes through. I have noticed there is a lag time between selecting download and the download actually starting on the work side.
    Thanks for the recommendation! I will try that as soon as I pry the phone out of his hands...which, to my delight, is a lot harder than it used to be with previous BB generations.

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

That is great news! Let me know how it goes.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    ~S_A
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple

Awesome guys - thanks for the suggestions!

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by robiniwitz View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation! I will try that as soon as I pry the phone out of his hands...which, to my delight, is a lot harder than it used to be with previous BB generations.
    Oh, you dont have to pry it out, just wipe the work container from the server hahaha. Then he will come to you to reactivate.

*caution, probably not a good career move!*
    ~S_A

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by joski View Post
    Awesome guys - thanks for the suggestions!
    Let us all know how it works out for you.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Update from BB: This seems to be a very common problem. They have said that security wiping the handheld and re-activating will fix the problem. (work around)
    However, they were not sure if you can just wipe the work partition or if the whole phone needs to be wiped.

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by jamusbojangles View Post
    Update from BB: This seems to be a very common problem. They have said that security wiping the handheld and re-activating will fix the problem. (work around)
    However, they were not sure if you can just wipe the work partition or if the whole phone needs to be wiped.
    Wipe just the work partition, the rest should have zero to do with this issue.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry User

Wipe just the work partition, the rest should have zero to do with this issue.
    I'm having this same issue. It worked the first time I added my Z10 to my BES10 server. I also added the Software Configuration to my wife's account and it worked no problem. Then I reloaded the OS on my Z10 (just as an experiment) and that's when the install started to fail. I tried doing a security wipe but that bricked my Z10 and I had to restore to factory settings to get it up and running again. I still couldn't install the software after that so I deleted my user in BES10 and recreated the user. I also deleted the application and software config and recreated them. Still no go.
    I read here that BB suggested wiping the device and trying again. I wiped the work portion and reactivated but it still won't install. Before wiping the whole device I wanted to see if anyone was successful in getting this working and what they did to get it working.

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry User

Default Publishing Blackberry World Applications - BDS

I did this today and the app showed up immediately in public apps. I installed it seemingly successfully yet when I opened it I got a black window. When I minimized the black window it went to the homescreen as a black window with white suitcase at bottom right. I got busy so didn't check it till a 4 hours later and it works great. I can't believe how easy it is to navigate and how awesomely the ms office files open. Love this app and it alone makes having a BES 10 server implementation worth it. This is productivity!

Ps: I do miss the keyboard shortcuts as it would be nice to traverse the folders by pressing on letters to take you quickly to your destination. Also, even with the onscreen keyboard there should be a way to trigger it dynamically so we can use the shortcuts. I miss my T and B

BES admin, BB lover
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Just a final update on this. BlackBerry support says the following:
    "I received confirmation that a security wipe of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone is required as a work around for the issue. The option we discussed about using the “Delete these users and delete only the organization data for associated devices” has been tested and does not work."

Based on their tests, I didn't bother wiping the work partition only and did a full wipe. This 'fixed' the issue.

They have assured me that they are working on a patch to correct this, however they do not have an ETA.
    "At present this is being investigated by our development team, however no resolution time frame is currently available. The action plan is to include a solution in a future release of the BlackBerry 10 software (smartphone and server). When resolved, the software release notes will document and refer to the development task numbers listed above, but at this time no resolution time frame or version information is currently available. "
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamusbojangles View Post
    Just a final update on this. BlackBerry support says the following:
    "I received confirmation that a security wipe of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone is required as a work around for the issue. The option we discussed about using the “Delete these users and delete only the organization data for associated devices” has been tested and does not work."

Based on their tests, I didn't bother wiping the work partition only and did a full wipe. This 'fixed' the issue.

They have assured me that they are working on a patch to correct this, however they do not have an ETA.
    "At present this is being investigated by our development team, however no resolution time frame is currently available. The action plan is to include a solution in a future release of the BlackBerry 10 software (smartphone and server). When resolved, the software release notes will document and refer to the development task numbers listed above, but at this time no resolution time frame or version information is currently available. "
    I was having similar issues..

Close both app world's.
    From the BDS admin panel make sure the applications are added to a software config and that the software config is applied to the user or the group
    Wait a couple of minutes.
    Force the it policy to be resent.
    Open the work side Blackberry world and all the apps should show there.
    Select the app and install.

Some time mine would hang but going from wifi to 4g only and closing and reopening the app world and downloading it again. Would work.

Just my limited experience so far but I have all the apps I pushed installed after what I mentioned above.

one thing I noticed is if u have the app installed on the personal side u can't installed it on the work side at the same time.
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    CrackBerry User

Here is the KB link for this issue from Blackberry: KB33705-BlackBerry World applications cannot be downloaded and installed from the BlackBerry World - Work application

The same thing happened to me when publishing the work drive and bb bridge apps.

Apparently wiping the device and reactivating is the only work around for now. I hope there is a patch for this - I just got my Z10 the way I like it - don't want to have to wipe it already.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline_x View Post
    I was having similar issues..
    one thing I noticed is if u have the app installed on the personal side u can't installed it on the work side at the same time.
    What app were you trying? I was able to put Password Keeper in both the Work and Personal sides
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast