Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Published Apps not appearing in work perimeter

I added an app from App World, added it to a software config, the software config is assigned to a group and that group is assigned to 2 users (1 Playbook and 1 Z10). Neither of them have this app in their work perimeter. The only thing I have in my work on my Playbook is "Work Browser" and on teh Z10 it says no company apps available.

This is after spending 7 hours getting BDS to finally activate these devices.

1. Why do I only have Work Browser on my Playbook?
    2. Why are the apps not appearing on the devices?

My biggest complaint is that I cannot publish my RD app to the work perimeter as the vendor said it still won't work with internal IPs. WHY NOT! On my 9900 activated on BESX5, I can do anything and everything internally by IP. Now we BUY CALS and we lose functionality? Why do I have to invest in a VPN solution if we have BES10?
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

When you publish an app from the BDS/BES10, you need to go into "Public Apps" within the work BlackBerry World. They will show there and are deemed optional. On the PlayBook you have to push the BAR files. IIRC, publishing from BlackBerry World only works with a BB10 device at the moment.

for a work application to use internal connections, it needs to be installed within the work perimeter through BlackBerry World or direct push. Also, why are you purchasing CALs? You can trade them up from BES5 to BDS CALs for no charge. http://us.blackberry.com/business/bl...0Ready:tradein

Also thread moved to BES10 forum.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

BESX CALS are not free on BDS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by luvsql View Post
    BESX CALS are not free on BDS.
    What sith-apprentice means is that if you have BES5 licenses you can swap them out for BESX licenses for free.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts

On the BDS I did the following to get it working

I was having similar issues..

Close both app world's.
    From the BDS admin panel make sure the applications are added to a software config and that the software config is applied to the user or the group
    Wait a couple of minutes.
    Force the it policy to be resent.
    Open the work side Blackberry world and all the apps should show there.
    Select the app and install.

Some time mine would hang but going from wifi to 4g only and closing and reopening the app world and downloading it again. Would work.

Just my limited experience so far but I have all the apps I pushed installed after what I mentioned above.

one thing I noticed is if u have the app installed on the personal side u can't installed it on the work side at the same time.
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---