Perpetual vs. Annual license
Sorry for asking what should be a simple question. I couldn't find anything that explained the differences of annual vs. perpetual licensing for BES10, other than that annual is for 1 year. Are the licenses tied to a particular user or particular device? I have the only license currently and it is annual (and I've had the same Z10). I have another user that has a Z10 (personal), but I think he's going to be getting a work-provided phone (Z30?). So I wanted to know if I get him a license, and I setup his Z10 now, will the license work for his Z30 if I remove the work space on the Z10?
- 07-07-2014, 12:51 PM #2Rocking a Xperia Z2 and a Q5
Not powered by BlackBerry anymore but a hybrid!
- CrackBerry Master
07-07-2014, 12:56 PM #3
- 1,212 Posts
Perpetual is a license model where you "purchase" the license. One time payment and no expiry.
Annual = is paid for every 12 months.
Neither are tied to a specific user or device.
If a user wants to use a new device he just activates it and if a device is already active on his account the new BlackBerry 10 will ask if he wishes to add or replace. So he can choose to have 2 devices running in parallel or just stop using the old one.
Posted via CB10
Thanks guys. So two devices for one user would consume two licenses though, right? So really it seems like perpetual is the way to go, since right now it is $38, and annual is $19. Unless I was only going to need a license for only 1 year. I thought maybe there were certain restrictions or other caveats to it.
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-07-2014, 06:14 PM #5
- 175 Posts
- By Khaled Aznawi in forum Armchair CEOReplies: 132Last Post: 11-10-2014, 12:42 AM
- By sandman10 in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 16Last Post: 07-19-2014, 09:53 AM
- By targnik in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2014, 02:37 PM
- By wout000 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-04-2014, 04:11 PM
- By Double_De in forum Armchair CEOReplies: 4Last Post: 07-02-2014, 11:01 PM