How-to install BDS, Mgt Studio, and UDS onto one server!!
Follow this document from BBRY to the "T" and skip the other documents and your set!
KB32547-Installing BlackBerry Device Service (BDS) and Universal Device Service (UDS) and BlackBerry Management Studio on the same host server
This should be pinned technically to the top of the forum as I bet people will be talking about this in the months to come. Save others including myself the hassle of looking for this thread and pointing it out.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-05-2013, 01:22 PM #5
- 104 Posts
Getting the BlackBerry Management Studio installed and associated with the BES 5 server is pretty straight forward.
The BDS installation isn't too bad, but I really wish they would elaborate or refine their UDS instructions further. It's not that they are absolutely terrible, but I feel like they could be done a lot better.
- CrackBerry Genius
03-05-2013, 08:46 PM #8
- 1,662 Posts
- 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM #10~S_A
- CrackBerry User
03-07-2013, 01:31 PM #11
- 16 Posts
Management Studio is for managing your MDM domains including your existing BES5 domain and the newly installed BDS and UDS domains from a single console. Management Studio is the console of consoles. And it can be installed on a separate machine or on BES5 or UDS or BDS servers too.
I tried to install it on separate machine and on BDS server too, and both solutions was working fine.
Posted via CB10
- By Supertwins in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2009, 02:37 PM
- By AshlynLovesHerBB in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 5Last Post: 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
- By y0us3f in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 8Last Post: 03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
- By latinali in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2009, 08:01 AM
- By AZA43 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2008, 02:42 PM