Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smoothrunnings
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How-to install BDS, Mgt Studio, and UDS onto one server!!

Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Thank you for posting this, I am sure it will help alot of administrators.

Moved to BES10 forum.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

This should be pinned technically to the top of the forum as I bet people will be talking about this in the months to come. Save others including myself the hassle of looking for this thread and pointing it out.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Actually, if you wanna do a write up about the entire process, including the Mobile Fusion/BES10 console and adding legacy BES 5- servers, I will sticky that
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Getting the BlackBerry Management Studio installed and associated with the BES 5 server is pretty straight forward.

The BDS installation isn't too bad, but I really wish they would elaborate or refine their UDS instructions further. It's not that they are absolutely terrible, but I feel like they could be done a lot better.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Very true, but all this will be much easier going forward with 10.1 and beyond.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Excuse me? You don't associate Mgt Studio to BES5, if you have you will have hosed your installation and you need to start over again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
    Excuse me? You don't associate Mgt Studio to BES5, if you have you will have hosed your installation and you need to start over again.
    Nope. Our BES 10 server with Mgmt Studio handles management of our BES5 as well as BDS and UDS. The BES 5 is on a different server though. Everything else is on one server. Just make sure you add the BES 5 domain via the install and not from the mgmt studio itself.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser63 View Post
    Nope. Our BES 10 server with Mgmt Studio handles management of our BES5 as well as BDS and UDS. The BES 5 is on a different server though. Everything else is on one server. Just make sure you add the BES 5 domain via the install and not from the mgmt studio itself.
    This is not recommended by BBRY and goes against best practice. If something should break BBRY T-Support could say "sorry so sad its not's supported what you did" and hang up the phone.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

This is not recommended by BBRY and goes against best practice. If something should break BBRY T-Support could say "sorry so sad its not's supported what you did" and hang up the phone.
    Sad to say what isnt supported? BES5 being on a different server but managed by the BES10 console? Or that all components are installed on one server? There is a RIM KB on how to do this
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry User

T-Support is completely wrong here. Instead of hanging up the phone, they should read the Management Studio install guide.

Management Studio is for managing your MDM domains including your existing BES5 domain and the newly installed BDS and UDS domains from a single console. Management Studio is the console of consoles. And it can be installed on a separate machine or on BES5 or UDS or BDS servers too.

I tried to install it on separate machine and on BDS server too, and both solutions was working fine.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I'm installing BES on same server and have read the KB but just wondering if the order is BDS>BMS>UDS for New Installs then why is the order on the screen this:How-to install BDS, Mgt Studio, and UDS onto one server!!-capture.jpg
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by a41.8tqm View Post
    I'm installing BES on same server and have read the KB but just wondering if the order is BDS>BMS>UDS for New Installs then why is the order on the screen this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	155260
    What's the problem? Do you not know how to click on the correct buttons to install BES10?