Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default EMM Workspace and personal -regulated, Scope of control

Good day,

Our customer has defined his business requirements and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) with usage of Blackberry Mobile Device Management (MDM) is the preferred option.

The scope will only consist of Blackberry handheld devices, no Android and iOS.

In respect to the regulated policies, i do have a questions:

- How far does the "full control" go for the personal space (everything)? Ignore for this question legal aspects.
    - If i understand correct it seems to be that a policy file for the work space can "just" get partially extended to the personal space, is this correct?

Use case:

User A connects from the workspace browser to the corporate/enterprise infrastructure. A mandatory proxy server setting force the user to establish the connection through a designated corporate proxy. Can the same be done for his browser in the personal space?

Would be great if some of the gurus here could answer, maybe folks that administrate latest BES and now all tweaks.

Looking forward to your answers.

Cheers,

Regu
    CrackBerry User

Unfortunately, I do not believe what you are looking for is possible (with the exception of while connected to work wireless networks).

The "Work Domains" policy may achieve what you are trying to do, though I am not entirely sure of its function (in this regard).
    CrackBerry Abuser

With emm corporate and personal you only have control on the work side. For full control you need regulated activations with gold CALS.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by chasdrury View Post
    With emm corporate and personal you only have control on the work side. For full control you need regulated activations with gold CALS.

Posted via CB10
    The OP has already stipulated he will be using gold CALs.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by analys View Post
    The OP has already stipulated he will be using gold CALs.
    I was reiterating the point, as he talks about personal browser. There is no personal browser if you activated regulated with gold cals.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by chasdrury View Post
    I was reiterating the point, as he talks about personal browser. There is no personal browser if you activated regulated with gold cals.

Posted via CB10

Quote Originally Posted by analys View Post
    No, you're confused. Gold, with regulated activation type still uses BlackBerry Balance. Work space only mode, only available with gold CALs, is what you're thinking of.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hi all,

Thx first of all for your answers. I thought so that there would be limitations. While a government agency it is hard to find the balance between security paranoid, security conscious and usability.

What we would like to have "of course" is full regulated personal space as well, while legal disclaimer and user agreement would need to clearly highlight that the agency be intrusive as well on the personal side.

I will continue to do the risk assessment and see how customer and agency policies can meet somewhere.

Cheers,

Regu
    CrackBerry User

I think you may find this think very helpful in describing the "level of control" you have in regards to IT policies.