Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Devices being quarantined 1 by 1!!!!!!! Gaaaaahhhh

What is going on?
    I now have five devices that are activated in workspace only mode, and they all went into quarantine one by one! What is the problem here?

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Can you elaborate please? What exactly happened, what, if anything was changed on the back end, version of BES, device hardware/software versions, etc.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

We just started activating our devices running 10.2.1 to bes and we do NOT have exchange or activesync, and one by one our z10s quarantined, also we noticed that with 10.2 quarantine locks the entire phone, but 10.2.1 only locks out the messaging... what's the resolution here?

To cut a long story short.

The carrier says its bes admin, bes admin. Says it's ActiveSync which we don't have, email provider says it's the carrier, the carrier said it's bes admin, bes admin say the sim settings aren't correct, the carrier takes it to BlackBerry who ask the BES admin for the pin and IMEI and there it sits.

The phones worked fine before activation, but now they're activated I think that the carrier infrastructure is possibly out of date, as it's blocking activated 10.2.1 os devices.....?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

? You do not have active sync? How do you sync PIM?

As OS10 devices do not need a blackberry dataplan, it can not be your carrier, except you have still an old BlackBerry dataplan activated on your sim.

You can give the SRP and PIN to the Blackberry support and they can test the SRP connection. But for me, it looks like some policies went wrong.... (BES Admin)

But WHY do you use BES without active sync????

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by TAltemeier View Post
    ? You do not have active sync? How do you sync PIM?

Posted via CB10
    We use Outlook.com or gmail or pop or imap. Our organisation only locks down the device, they don't supply email support. And I wish everyone would stop asking why!!!!!!

The stupid thing is that one of the users never even had chance to add an email account and the device went into quarantine.

Not a complete quarantine but just enough so that no email accounts can be added. Phone calls bbm etc. Work fine.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hm, do you use "emm regulated" activation or "balance"?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hm, do you use "emm regulated" activation or "balance"?

Posted via CB10
    EMM Regulated

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by russell hunte View Post
    EMM Regulated

Posted via CB10
    That's why you can't add accounts - in regulated mode you can only have the workspace and if you mail /isn't provided by the Company then you can't add more accounts on the device....

Or have I missed your point?

Posted via CB10
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

We use Outlook.com or gmail or pop or imap. Our organisation only locks down the device, they don't supply email support. And I wish everyone would stop asking why!!!!!!

Russell, calm down. People ask because it is an unusual configuration.

As opposed to your previous thread, now that you followed my suggestion and posted here, you have several experienced people that are trying to help you. I hope you appreciate their effort and their reasonable questions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    Russell, calm down. People ask because it is an unusual configuration.

As opposed to your previous thread, now that you followed my suggestion and posted here, you have several experienced people that are trying to help you. I hope you appreciate their effort and their reasonable questions.
    Thanks Omnitech!

Will do so. I'm a noob,at asking for help here!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by chasdrury View Post
    That's why you can't add accounts - in regulated mode you can only have the workspace and if you mail /isn't provided by the Company then you can't add more accounts on the device....

Or have I missed your point?

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like a good suggestion, if what the problem could be, but.... I know of others who have up to four personal email accounts as well as work email in this mode. Do you know if there's a setting anywhere in bes10 that specifically allows this to be so?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

That sounds like a good suggestion, if what the problem could be, but.... I know of others who have up to four personal email accounts as well as work email in this mode. Do you know if there's a setting anywhere in bes10 that specifically allows this to be so?

Posted via CB10
    Not if they really are in regulated mode - as far I know you can't add other accounts. My regulated device is in my desk at work I can check on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you want (additional) personal mail accounts you must activate your devices in balance mode. Regulated EMM is restricted to work only mode and the account populated through BDS config!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

If you want (additional) personal mail accounts you must activate your devices in balance mode. Regulated EMM is restricted to work only mode and the account populated through BDS config!

Posted via CB10
    This is most interesting. I activated my device successfully in this mode on BES 10.2 beta and I was able to add gmail accounts outlook.com an activesync account and a personal domain email account and they worked flawlessly.

I also know that there are about '10000' of our other users on the BES10.2 currently running 10.2 and they mainly use other personal accounts. Including carrier provided email and personal domain emails whether ActiveSync or general pop or imap settings.

These users happen to be in Australasia, North America and Europe. I am in the West Indies.

BlackBerry is on the issue but I just wondered if there was others with Same problems at any time!

The only difference in the devices is that the devices were running 10.2.1 when they were activated and the others were activated on 10.2.

Any link?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok, now I have the same problem. My Q10 phones are being quarantined one after the other. Phone and sms still works, looks like PIN messaging still works, but none of the apps that require data connection (including the browser) work any more.
    I set up my BES with the 60 trial licenses about 2 months ago. Then I used ezpass to convert all my licenses from BES 5 to BES10. I'm running BES10.2.1, and all devices run on the latest version of OS10.2.
    All the devices were activated on work-only mode. The licensing with BES10 is hard to understand for me. I have over 100 EMM-Corporate licenses and have 0 "EMM-Corporate for Blackberry" and I have 0 "EMM-Regulated for Blackberry" licenses. Yet, I'm using 6 of the latter one (based on what BB Management Studio is showing me). So I'm using 6 of my non-existent licenses...
    From what I understand, you can actiate a BB in work-only mode, using a "Silver license" as long as your carrier is able to add on some BES10 code to your plan for an extra monthly fee. And that's exactly what I've done. When I first tried to activate a bb in work-only mode, I got an error message on the device saying I was out of licenses. Then I called my carrier, added on the BES10 feature and then the activation went through. So that's how I've been using these BB-s, but now all of a sudden they are being quarantined.
    I suspect it to be some licensing issues as nothing was changed with the devices or with the BES setup.
    And sure enough, I don't have an Active Sync email server in the environment, but never had since the beginning, so I don't see how that could be a problem.
    So if anybody has any ideas, that would be great.
    CrackBerry Addict

As far I as remember from my webcasts with BlackBerry regarding licensing regulated mode is possible either through carrier subscription OR by a special license is the carrier does not support regulated provisioning.

Until we know exactly what the carrier has provisioned for the device or how it is being handled by BES 10 we are looking at a black box problem ;-#

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,800 Global Posts

OP, not sure why your devices are going in to quarantine, but those Outlook.com accounts you have support ActiveSync. Maybe give BES10 Cloud Market Preview a look instead of whoever is providing you with a BES10 server.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bes...98.i209BvJ3CRQ

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    CrackBerry Newbie

In my case, the problem is solved. I have all my phones in work-only mode, but I only have silver licenses. The way they work is that I have a carrier code added on to my lines for an additional monthly fee.
    What I've done is logged onto my cell-provider account, removed that carrier code from all the lines, waited 10 minutes and added them back on. Within 20 minutes all the phones were out of quarantine and worked like before.
    Must have been some carrier issue and my problems started shortly after the beginning of the current billing period. I hope I won't have to do this every month though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phadobas View Post
    In my case, the problem is solved. I have all my phones in work-only mode, but I only have silver licenses. The way they work is that I have a carrier code added on to my lines for an additional monthly fee.
    What I've done is logged onto my cell-provider account, removed that carrier code from all the lines, waited 10 minutes and added them back on. Within 20 minutes all the phones were out of quarantine and worked like before.
    Must have been some carrier issue and my problems started shortly after the beginning of the current billing period. I hope I won't have to do this every month though.
    Your carrier shouldn't need to do this any more with the new licensing, provision your SIM or use a 'carrier code', what they should be providing you with is an annual BES 10 Gold license. So rather than a monthly fee there would be a yearly / annual fee and a time limited Gold license.

Having said that though not all carriers are up to speed on this yet or doing it this way (for example in the UK the carrier O2 issues annual licenses but Vodafone still provisions the SIM).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deiop View Post

Posted via CB10
    I'm a bit late replying to this but are you 100% certain on this ?.

I ask as I manage the BlackBerry devices for the business I work for and we use BES 10 with only Regulated / Work Only / Gold activations and I quite happily added my Gmail just now to my Z30. Is this not controlled by a BES 10 policy ?.

Update: Just to confirm that you can add other e-mail accounts if you want even if your activation type is Regulated / Work Only, whether or not you can add others is governed by the BES 10 group policy setting 'Software -> Other E-mail Messaging Services', and more than likely if you are Regulated / Work Only / Gold type of business then your BES 10 admin has set this policy to 'Disallow' to maintain the highest level of data security (we have it set to Disallow but I'm using another policy at the moment for testing a few things).
    Last edited by Fatboy40; 06-11-2014 at 05:26 AM.