Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Deliver Wi-Fi profiles to user

I am new to BES. At the moment i am trying out the possibilities to use BES10 in our company.

If i want to deliver new information e.g. new Wi-Fi profiles to an activated user. How can this be done?
    CrackBerry Abuser

We do this by assigning a WiFi profile to the user or even better, to a group that the user is a member of. Unfortunately though the user still has to enter their password to access the WiFi network since we use 802.1x for authentication.
    Last edited by meierjn; 02-25-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by meierjn View Post
    We do this by assigning a WiFi profile to the user or even better, to a group that the user is a member of. Unfortunately though the user still has to enter their password to access the WiFi network since we use 802.1x. For authentication.
    Yup, we've done this too although I've been just testing myself and once I have entered in everything as far as my credentials are concerned I've been off and running and haven't had an issue since.

I also tested on a hidden wireless in our office that has just regular WPA2-PSK and the phone hops in the wireless with no issue at all.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBolivia View Post
    Yup, we've done this too although I've been just testing myself and once I have entered in everything as far as my credentials are concerned I've been off and running and haven't had an issue since.

I also tested on a hidden wireless in our office that has just regular WPA2-PSK and the phone hops in the wireless with no issue at all.
    Correct.

Setup the wifi profile and attach to the group. The phone or PlayBook will automatically connect to the ssid when it's within range