Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smoothrunnings
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't get published apps to show up in the AppWorld

I have BES 10 and BDS configured, and I have created 2 apps (QNX apps - password keeper and work drives) - I have assigned them to a software config and assigned that config to my user.

When I go in to AppWporld work and then to public apps, the circle spins, and spins, and spins and spins. Then I get there is an issue with BlackBerry Appworld. Public Apps will not be available.

What am I doing wrong!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

I've found that i can only load Blackberry apps to the work blackberry world. Trying to attach a converted android app does not work.

I pushed the blackberry work drive app to the work side blackberry world but initially it didn't show up until i refreshed the IT policy on the devices. Before i did this i added the application (using the blackberry world url address for the app) and then assigned the application to a software configuration and then added that software configuration to a group.

Then they showed up.

We don't have any apps that we have built ourselves yet so i don't know how well that works.
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chasdrury View Post
    I have BES 10 and BDS configured, and I have created 2 apps (QNX apps - password keeper and work drives) - I have assigned them to a software config and assigned that config to my user.

When I go in to AppWporld work and then to public apps, the circle spins, and spins, and spins and spins. Then I get there is an issue with BlackBerry Appworld. Public Apps will not be available.

What am I doing wrong!
    What you did wrong it not purchase T-Support from BBRY. BES 10 is still a new server and most of the documentation and updates/work around's are not available to the general public, only T-Support has access to them.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
    What you did wrong it not purchase T-Support from BBRY. BES 10 is still a new server and most of the documentation and updates/work around's are not available to the general public, only T-Support has access to them.
    Not 100% necessary, this is a publically acknowledged bug (there is a KB article) for which they do not yet have a fix (a workaround of wiping and re-setting up he device).
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have been adding apps to the BDS with BB World url's and it shows as published and I have added it to the software configuration that is applied to the Playbook user and when I go to BlackBerry World and the Work Section nothing shows up, I have been searching everywhere online and I haven't found anything that seems to help. Does anyone out there have a solution for this crazy problem?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Have the same issue as ^. Published app (Weather Eye HD) OK and able to add to a software configuration. Assigned it to a group or a user with a playbook 2.1 and when I click on View Resolved Applications, applications shows under Other Configured Applications tab, which typically means that device is not compatible with app or other way around. Tried dozen of them that are designed for playbook and getting the same thing.
    CrackBerry User

I've been able to publish apps from BlackBerry World to a software policy, apply it to a user, and have those apps appear in the Work profile BBWorld under the "Public" section fine. First order of business for me was getting BlackBerry Work Drives out.

It did however take about 15 minutes before the app appeared in BBWorld on the phone. There may be a faster way to get it done by restarting some services, or the whole server, but patience worked for me.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oufc_gav View Post
    Not 100% necessary, this is a publically acknowledged bug (there is a KB article) for which they do not yet have a fix (a workaround of wiping and re-setting up he device).
    Actually you don't have to wipe the device, I was having problems with my server updating my BBW Work and all I did was delete the balance account from my device and re-activate my device to the BES10 server, and I could see the applications.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

OK, i got a resolution to this issue.

In order to add apps from BlackBerry World into BAS, BDS needs access to the internet (obviously). However BAS needs to have java plugins enabled via its browser. Easy way to test this is to go to appworld.blackberry.com from BDS itself (not from the user's admin console as the user may already have plugins enabled).

Another issue that's hard to diagnose is when the BAS Native Code Container (NCC) can't download two xml files – devicecharacteristics.xml and vendor.xml. You have to look in the BAS-NCC log for this and it's usually because the proxy requires authentication. BAS has two components – Application Server (AS) and NCC. AS can use a user's stored credentials or prompt for them, but NCC doesn't have the ability to do so. There are two ways around this: a) provide unauthenticated access to the internet for BAS/BDS, or host the xml files internally.

What we did was to allow unauthenticated access to blackberry.com from the Blackberry server and apps in the work perimter started to work in an instant!

Chasdrury
    CrackBerry User

Was anyone having issues with Downloading the applications? All the apps I published are showing up in the work space BlackBerry World but they will not download.
    CrackBerry User

Apparently it just needed time, it appears that with BES10 activation completes then needs some patience before everything starts to work properly
  12. kgr
    CrackBerry User

TGaT, I'm having the same problem as you were from what it looks like... I published 2 apps to BlackBerry World - Work via BDS, and they showed up in Public Apps reasonably quick, but they error out every single time I try to download! (So frustrating!)

That was early yesterday, and as of today they still error out. They completely download (waste of data) then appear to install, and just when the status bar gets to the end, it says 'Error installing application'. (The apps are Work Drives and Box)

Anyone have any insight into this? I haven't wiped and reactivated or reloaded OS yet...

Regards
    Ken
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same problem, try going to music icon open up the 3 dots and try App world
  14. kgr
    CrackBerry User

I think that moves you to personal App World...

Interestingly enough, Password Keeper installs on the work side, but Box, Connect to Dropbox, Work Drives won't install...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,483 Global Posts

Work drives does install on the work side. I have it running on my work side which I am using to access my NAS.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by kgr View Post
    I think that moves you to personal App World...

Interestingly enough, Password Keeper installs on the work side, but Box, Connect to Dropbox, Work Drives won't install...
    Alot of these installation errors can be resolved by wiping the device and setting it back up. I still have yet to know why wiping just the work side doesnt work, but a full wipe has worked for me.
    ~S_A
  17. kgr
    CrackBerry User

Hmmm, so a few wipes and reactivates and it seems to work...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Can't get published apps to show up in the AppWorld

I am having this problem exactly! Can you please help with me with the exact rules you had to set? I am using TMG 2010 as firewall.

I am a litlle stuck.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chasdrury View Post
    OK, i got a resolution to this issue.

In order to add apps from BlackBerry World into BAS, BDS needs access to the internet (obviously). However BAS needs to have java plugins enabled via its browser. Easy way to test this is to go to appworld.blackberry.com from BDS itself (not from the user's admin console as the user may already have plugins enabled).

Another issue that's hard to diagnose is when the BAS Native Code Container (NCC) can't download two xml files – devicecharacteristics.xml and vendor.xml. You have to look in the BAS-NCC log for this and it's usually because the proxy requires authentication. BAS has two components – Application Server (AS) and NCC. AS can use a user's stored credentials or prompt for them, but NCC doesn't have the ability to do so. There are two ways around this: a) provide unauthenticated access to the internet for BAS/BDS, or host the xml files internally.

What we did was to allow unauthenticated access to blackberry.com from the Blackberry server and apps in the work perimter started to work in an instant!

Chasdrury

I am having this problem exactly! Can you please help with me with the exact rules you had to set? I am using TMG 2010 as firewall.

I am a litlle stuck.