CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Administration Service could not connect to BlackBerry World

Hi,

Anyone seen this problem when trying to add BlackBerry World applications on BES10? It was working for me, but has since stopped. No changes have been made on the server side, and when attempting this I can see correct routing and activity through our Firewalls, and can also see a port on the server making an established connection with BlackBerry World IP address through TCPVIEW.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am having the same issue. To expand there are some links I can add (WorkDrives) but Tempo Box for example I cannot.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,682 Global Posts

As you can read in the BlackBerry community support forum many people are getting the same error after it initially worked OK.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...s/td-p/2252523

I have the same error message in BDS after it worked the first time allowing me to publish Work Drives then from the next day all I get whatever I try to publish is the error you're getting, no solution as yet. I don't want to remove Work Drives to see if that caused it in case I can't publish it again after!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,682 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgill73 View Post
    I am having the same issue. To expand there are some links I can add (WorkDrives) but Tempo Box for example I cannot.
    You can only publish native BB10 apps to BlackBerry World for Work, Tempo Box is an Android app that runs in the Android virtual machine on BB10 and PlayBook.

I've read that this is for security reasons as Android apps can be big security risks but that seems a bit over the top as all apps submitted to BlackBerry World are personally vetted before they are approved aren't they? So it should be safe shouldn't it?! I want the option to be able to allow Android apps on BlackBerry World for Work if I want to, it should be my decision BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyuk View Post
    As you can read in the BlackBerry community support forum many people are getting the same error after it initially worked OK.

Problem publishing a public app - BlackBerry Work ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I have the same error message in BDS after it worked the first time allowing me to publish Work Drives then from the next day all I get whatever I try to publish is the error you're getting, no solution as yet. I don't want to remove Work Drives to see if that caused it in case I can't publish it again after!

Posted via CB10
    This might explain why the BlackBerry World was down for a day or two last week or the week before because after it came back up when I tried to add an application to my BES10 I too got the same error. I already have BBM and Work Drives added, BBM is waste of time for now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am getting the "The BlackBerry Administration Service could not connect to BlackBerry World" message now too. I was able to publish and successfully install onto my Z10, work drives last week but now I cant add any more apps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

This is being looked at by RIM (or BlackBerry) and a fix is on its way.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,682 Global Posts

It's working today again for me, no configuration changes at my end, so it was definitely a RIM/BlackBerry problem.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Now working for me too!