Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By adrenaline_x
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BESx5 to BES10... Am I Missing Something?

Going from BESx5 to BES10 (trial) has made me scratch my head a bit.

After having dealt with BESx5 for the last little while, there are some things in the BES10 web console that appear to be missing? For lack of a better word? Maybe it's baked in somehow, or maybe it's ActiveSync-related, but I can't figure it out...

First, and I understand Calendars under Public Folders couldn't be used previously, but we have some Contacts folders under Public Folders that I had mapped in BESx5 which worked great. In the BES10 web console, there's no sign of mapping these folders.

Secondly, I was able to set email signatures from BESx5, but it appears this isn't the case on BES10... Can anyone confirm?

I totally understand that these could be ActiveSync-related but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm in the same boat, what about the IT Policies? I don't see very many compared to BES5 and does anyone know of a way to just use the Work space instead of using Balance? For our company phones we don't want people to have a 'Personal' side of the phone.

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Moved to BES10 forum.

As for BES10, BB is working to expand the policies, currently there are "canned" ones that offer much the same functionality, but not granular in nature. Also keep in mind that BB is working on ActiveSync now, and has to deal with those limitations where it cannot change other things. I do believe we will eventually see user signature and everything added, but that might be the FULL BES10, launching later this year (possibly May/June)
    ~S_A
    Thanked by:
    bmelz (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

This feature is coming in may.

Currently there is no way to disable the personal side.
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Perfect guys, thanks a lot for your input! I've awarded you accordingly with the fancy "like" button