Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BDS and the memo pad

From the BDS email configuration it gives the option to sync the memo pad and the device even has a toggle to turn the memo pad sync on and off. I thought OS10 device basically used active sync. How is the memo pad syncing then since in a straight active sync, you can not sync the memo pad? We currently only have 2 users on our BDS server, one being the owner and the other is an employee located in Canada so he is lucky enough to have already gotten a OS10 device. He uses the memo pad pretty heavily but said it is not syncing to his device and anything he puts on the device does not sync back to his outlook. He has the option enable on the device and the email config allows for it. Anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this one? Really do not want to have the owner testing on his device if I do not have too.

Using Exchange 2007 currently
    CrackBerry User

Same problem here - I have two sites - one with Exchange 2003 (with Active Sync activated) and one with Exchange 2010. (They both now have BES 10 installed).

The 2003 site will not sync the memo/notes on the Z10 devices - but the company with the 2010 exchange server, the notes sync fine.

I'm still researching the web but there is little info on BES 10 now from admins. I will post back here if I find anything of use.
    CrackBerry User

Ok Clark76 - and anyone else who cares - it looks like I almost answered my own question with my last post. I have done some quick research and found the following:

Exchange 2003 - no Outlook Notes sync via Activesync
    Exchange 2007 (SP1 and SP2) - no Outlook Notes sync via Activesync
    Exchange 2010 - supports Outlook Notes sync via Activesync

So it looks like that is why Notes syncing is working with Exchange 2010 and not 2003.
    Last edited by fpanther88; 02-12-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spacing
    CrackBerry User

Just to add to the last post - so the Notes synching technically has nothing to do with BES 10 - because BES now uses activesync for e-mail account access, it is up to the version of Exchange you have.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for the info fpanther88
    CrackBerry User

Default BDS and the memo pad

I had an exec who's notes weren't synching on 5.0.3. It drove me crazy so I couldn't let it go LOL... Even after deleting all his notes, after backing them up. UGH!

Finally I opened them each in outlook and noticed the form was not the note form but an outlook email form. This was not apparent in the initial note view. I had to open each one up. He had dragged emails into the notes folder! I grabbed the text and put them into new fresh notes and voila! Note Syncing resumed.

So, open each and every note to make sure it uses the note form.

That was a really fun one to find!

BES admin, BB lover
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is unacceptable. There is nothing in the BDS installation manual that says there will be issues if running Exchange 2007. Our FREE BESX server with the same Exchange 2007 has MORE functionality than a $99 CAL'd BDS device? Really? I'm sorry but I'd rather all my Outlook funcationality than a cool camera and fast browser. You trully cannot expect customers to fork out thousands and thousands of dollards to upgrade to Exchange 2007 just to use a Z10??!