Z10/Q10: BIS & Push Email with Bell
BB forums are full of conflicting information about the availability of BIS with BB 10 devices. It seems to depend on which carrier you are with. How does it look with Bell?
1) Is BIS available? The main advantages are data compression and reliable push email.
2) Is the customer forced to change Bell email address from:
3) If BIS is not available, does Bell offer it's own push email or do we need to rely on some unpredictable third party solution like Gmail Active Sync?
4) Is BIS going to be phased out for customers who have BlackBerries running os 7 or older?
No data compression, no solid push email and forced email address change would likely prevent some current BB users from upgrading to Z10/Q10 if they can keep all those features by simply sticking to an os 7 device.BB 8830 WE, OS 22.214.171.124, DM 126.96.36.199, Bell Canada BIS, Windows XP-SP3
- 02-11-2013, 12:48 AM #2
Some people from the CrackBerry teak have written up some good articles to your exact question. First one would be the post Adam wrote about BIS and BlackBerry 10. Then recently Bla1ze wrote a pice on the BlackBerry email and how it is going to be set up on BlackBerry 10. Hopefully this solves your questions.
Thanks Zach. I've done a bit of research and it seems that Bell Canada offers BIS with Z10, at least in Toronto area. This is good news for long time BB users who got accustomed to BIS.
Bell is actually going a step further and is not signing up anybody on a Z10 plan without BIS. Other Canadian carriers are said to offer non-BIS plans, but not Bell.
Bell's approach, while convenient for those who are simply upgrading from an older BB, is met with some skepticism on the part of customers who are migrating from Android/iOS, as some BB BIS plans are apparently more expensive than Samsung/iPhone plans.
If the above information is correct, the only unanswered question from my original post is:
Assuming that you have Z10 BIS plan with Bell, are you still forced to change your carrier email address from:
email@example.comBB 8830 WE, OS 188.8.131.52, DM 184.108.40.206, Bell Canada BIS, Windows XP-SP3
- 02-14-2013, 12:59 AM #4
- Originally Posted by ShanerredflagBB 8830 WE, OS 220.127.116.11, DM 18.104.22.168, Bell Canada BIS, Windows XP-SP3
- 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM #6
As for the email question, you will have to migrate that email address away from a BlackBerry email. BlackBerry is giving everyone 1yr of forwarding as people male the change. So yea, you'll need to switch that email account. There's no way to get it on your Z10.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- By elphaba1982 in forum Other Carriers WorldwideReplies: 3Last Post: 09-08-2009, 06:33 AM
- By davegrun in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 8Last Post: 08-05-2009, 12:36 AM
- By kraphtdiner in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-20-2009, 09:22 PM
- By MisterB in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
- By jaycarlton in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 14Last Post: 03-26-2008, 10:53 PM