Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrocke0w0
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Unlocking a Bell Z10

I was on my Bell account this morning and noticed a section where I could get an unlock code for my Z10. I clicked on the button and voila, there was a code. Now I have never unlocked a phone before so I have a couple of questions. Does it cost to use the code with Bell? Will it change my phone number? And most importantly, how do I do it? I rarely travel so my final question is, what is the value of unlocking my phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm with Bell too. You might want to chat or call them first to confirm that this is the unlock code for your phone and most importantly the Network verus just the SIM. I think they will still want to charge you $50 bucks if this is to unlock your phone. You should get an 8 digit code to unlock. I used GSM Liberty which is cheaper than Bell to unlock my Z10 successfully. They may also have the codes available now for the Z30. They didn't at the time I wanted to unlock my Z30 so I used cellunlocker.net and it was successful too and still cheaper than Bell. Yes I have both and unlocked.

You have to type the code after using the Unlock Network button. You only get 10 tries at it. If the code doesn't work don't try past 2 or 3 times and go back to Bell and get them to check the code they gave you.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by cdnrower; 11-14-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Updated additional info...
    A Canuck with Z30 (STA100-5) and baby Zed on OS 10.3.1.1154
    Thanked by:
    alan510 (11-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks very much for your help. It's interesting that the number did show up without a prompt but there was no mention of a cost associated with the unlocking. I suppose that might be in the "fine print". The heads up is much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,000 Global Posts

Are you under a contract? If yes, Is there an advantage to unlocking a phone before the contract is up ?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes I'm under contract. Don't know the value of unlocking. That is why I'm asking folks for their thoughts and advice.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Stupid question but I'm asking anyways. I had gotten a unlocked code and installed it successfully this past summer before I went overseas for vacation.

My z10 was working flawlessly unlocked but then died on me. Once back I sent it back to Bell and they gave me a new Z10.

Now can I use that code once again on my new Z10 to unlock??

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2827F6B5

Quote Originally Posted by 007Storm View Post
    Stupid question but I'm asking anyways. I had gotten a unlocked code and installed it successfully this past summer before I went overseas for vacation.

My z10 was working flawlessly unlocked but then died on me. Once back I sent it back to Bell and they gave me a new Z10.

Now can I use that code once again on my new Z10 to unlock??

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    No bc each phone has a different IMEI.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Bbnivende View Post
    Are you under a contract? If yes, Is there an advantage to unlocking a phone before the contract is up ?
    I am under contract and have unlocked my Z10. I use a T-Mobile pay-by-the-day sim when I travel in the US. $3 a day for unlimited voice, text and data is better than any plan Bell offers (when most of my time is spent in Canada). I have gone over 200mb a day a couple of times. At $1/mb from Bell, I'd be screwed! Of course my plan at home is a 6GB... To bad I can't use that stateside.

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9700 Bold 9900 Z10 bridged with 64GB PlayBook
    RIMBB investor - I used to believe!
    CrackBerry Genius

It says "Unlock my SIM Card".

It's not for unlocking the phone. Not sure what it means to have a locked/unlocked SIM card.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unlocking a Bell Z10-unlockmysim.jpg  
    Register here to provide feedback to BlackBerry and help stop BB10 from becoming an Android clone!
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:29F54940

Pretty sure that a locked sim is to prevent someone from using your sim in another device. When you put your sim in another phone it will ask for a pin to allow for use.
    The bold are helpless without cleverness.
    Euripides. http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-search
    CrackBerry Addict

jrocke0w0 is correct
    BlackberryCodeSource.com

Current Phones Z30, Q10, iP5S, Samsung GNote 3, HTC One M8!

Can't wait for the one and only game changing......... BB Passport !!!!!