Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is it possible to get free caller ID with Bell?

I searched and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I made a new thread.

I have been a Customer of Bell/Solo for 3 years. I like to have caller id but I find that the added charge is ridiculous.

Is there a way I could get Caller ID for free? Can I just add the caller id service book? Or do I have to call Bell and beg for it.

If I have to call and beg for it what should I tell them to convince them to give me this service for free?
    CrackBerry User

You have to call Bell but it's not necessary to beg. If you have been a customer for 3 years, then it shouldn't be too hard to get it. I would call them and remind them that you have been a loyal customer to them for 3 years, and that free Caller I.D. would be a nice thing to give to you. Or something along those lines.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,064 Global Posts

If you call Bell and and ask for it you might get it with voicemail for free, only catch is they would want you to re-sign for 3 years.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have been a customer for 8 months, with a little negotiating i have Caller ID for free now. Really depends who you speak with.
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

after some negotiations for $52/month I get
    500 daytime minutes
    unlimited evenings and weekends at 5pm
    canadian long distance
    Voicemail
    caller ID
    unlimited Text and MMS
    500 MB BIS plan.

and that includes the $7/month insurance.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,335 Global Posts

bell is offering caller id and message centre to select people for one month. but other than some csr pulling some string its 7$ a month for it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Is it possible to get free caller ID with Bell?

Check this out and spread the word: Petition Fair (free) access to Caller-ID service in Canada
    Maybe we can sign them into their senses.