Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Massive deposit required for new sign up!!

So I walked into a Bell store and was toying with the idea of switching one of my phones to Sasktel that the contract was up on. I totally had the white Z10 picked out and on the counter in the box. Stupid me, I had forgotten my wallet, but it was my wife's phone anyways, so I just used her ID to set it up. Now she may not have a great credit rating since I have the loans all under my name, but there's certainly no flaws in it either, no missed payments or nothing at all bad in any of her records. The guys says to me um so we'll need a $400 dollar credit to set this account up, refundable in 6 months! Total that up with the $139 Z10 brings us to $539!!

I don't know what the carriers pay for these phones but I do know that by doing that they are saying I will take NO RISK with this customer, in fact I will make them pay more than what it may cost us if she runs off with the phone just because I can. Needless to say, instead of loading up my credit card I turned around and walked out, forget that. I think they can do better than that. When I signed up with Sasktel for the first time, I don't think I had to leave any credit, granted I would be OK with a hundred or sp maybe, but to me this is a bad omen, I think I'll stay with Sasktel.

Has anyone else had this experience? or should I go back with my ID and try it?
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

that is standard procedure. I do not see anything wrong with that. Go back with your ID and onve they establish a good credit rating the deposit will be waved.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview

We don't BEND, WE BLEND #TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts

If you don't need the $400 in the next 6 months do it, if you do, don't.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Kind of over reacting here I would say. It's pretty standard for deposits like that, as I've seen much worse. It isn't really Bell's problem. They get the report back from Equifax and then from there decide how much of a risk she is. If you're absolutely positive her credit's fine then you should probably contact the credit bureau as it could be an inaccuracy or who knows what else on her file.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Ok I'll try my ID when I get into town, I can see them covering themselves for their cost at least, but why try and do more, and use my money interest free?