Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Lower price data plans

Does anyone knows good BB Data plans which does not cost alot. Mainly for BBM and social networking.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    266FF31C

I got my stepson a BB with Koodo and I pay $39/month for BBM, Facebook, twitter, not sure or other social apps... Plus unlimited texting and 200 mins.

I believe the Virgin mobile offer for a prepaid BB curve at walmart right now is pretty similar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Default Low retention plan?

Been haggling with Bell Retentions for the past 4 weeks waiting on this day ... as of last night, the best rate I was offered was 59/mth giving me 6GB, unlimited text (video/picture), voice mail and call display and 300 day time minutes. Unlimited after 6pm. This is 9 dollars more than what I pay now but I basically trade off my Fab 5 and Bell to Bell calling for the additional data and text messaging. I only had 500MB and 100 text messages which was sufficient using my BB 9100 ... going to the Zed ... thinking 500MB is no longer sufficient. So the question is, what do you think? Wait out the final 4 months of my plan or jump at 59 and start using my minutes off peak and using BB for wi-fi calls?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by GG10 View Post
    Been haggling with Bell Retentions for the past 4 weeks waiting on this day ... as of last night, the best rate I was offered was 59/mth giving me 6GB, unlimited text (video/picture), voice mail and call display and 300 day time minutes. Unlimited after 6pm. This is 9 dollars more than what I pay now but I basically trade off my Fab 5 and Bell to Bell calling for the additional data and text messaging. I only had 500MB and 100 text messages which was sufficient using my BB 9100 ... going to the Zed ... thinking 500MB is no longer sufficient. So the question is, what do you think? Wait out the final 4 months of my plan or jump at 59 and start using my minutes off peak and using BB for wi-fi calls?
    Thanks man, I just got this plan, they were offering me the same price with only 1 GB of data. They gave me the extra 5 GB when I mentioned your plan.
    CrackBerry User

Glad you got them for the extra 5GBS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I called Bell retentions as well (I was out of contract) and they quickly offered me the 6GB, VM/CID, ulimited text, but only 150 minutes (unlimited evenings/weekends though), I told the guy I didn't need more minutes than the 150 I currently had (I don't think I ever went over in 3 years). I'm very happy at $59 per month. Got the phone for $90 bucks and no activation fee.

I'd say go for the plan! I bet the phone price will go back to $149 at least, if not $199.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

How on earth are you folks getting up to 6GB data in your plans? My current plan has 1GB, and higher plans cost rather more for the additional GBs.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by grant.palin View Post
    How on earth are you folks getting up to 6GB data in your plans? My current plan has 1GB, and higher plans cost rather more for the additional GBs.
    Same here, there has got to be some thing wrong with the subscription that have been enabled, my plan also charges high once the data limit of 1GB is reached.