Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help plz. use bell 3g on rogers towers

Hi, I need help on this, and hopefully someone can answer this for me. I searched the forums and couldn't come up with anything.
    I am using a blackberry bold 9780 bell 3g phone but where I live and work is a carry over area for coverage, where I live is bell 3g and where I work 130 km away is rogers 3g. Is there anyway of getting my bell phone to work on the rogers network without buying a rogers sim card? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts

No there isnt. sorry . Rogers and Bell do not have any agreements to use each others towers. Bell and Telus do though, i know not help but useful information. You can always unlock your phone and get a Rogers SIM card and switch it over, but that is the only way.

just for curiosity sake where do you work? Bell's GSM covers 97% of Canada...
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

hey thanks, I live in Hearst ON and work in Hornepayne ON. from Hearst to Thunderbay, Bell phones will not work because rogers has tbaytel.
    If I unlocked my phone and tried to get a sim card from rogers to interchange with mine when im over on their network, I would have to pay a phone package though rogers as well right?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,331 Global Posts

Im not 100% about that. Perwonally never wondered because we only have one provider where i live. Try going to the unlocked pages and see if anyone can help ya there. They helped me when i bought an unlocked at&t phone.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10