Is BIS setup automatic?
I have a non blackberry smart phone on a 6 GB plan.
Suppose I get a blackberry and plug my simcard in. Will BIS setup automatically on bell or do I need to call bell to activate it? It's a 6 GB plan, so there's no difference on the website between my plan and a "blackberry" plan.
- CrackBerry User
12-19-2012, 10:36 PM #2
- 42 Posts
Re: Is BIS setup automatic?
From my past experience, you will need to make sure your data plan is a blackberry data plan. Then you will be able to configure BIS accout on the Blackaberry. When I did the switch, I realised a lot of things were not available on the BlackBerry. After I contacted Bell, they simply switched my data plan to a bb plan and everything worked including configuring a bis account or other email accounts.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Thunderbirt; 12-19-2012 at 10:46 PM.
I was trying to figure out whether I could grandfather my plan (that doesn't exist anymore) when I switch to a bb10 phone.
According to this thread, you don't have to switch your plan when adding BIS, you just call bell and ask them to turn on BIS which means I can grandfather with ease
- By scott0482 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2010, 03:12 PM
- By RedBerry8830 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 23Last Post: 05-07-2009, 08:55 PM
- By F2 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 8Last Post: 04-13-2008, 10:10 PM
- By lenwood in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-16-2008, 12:13 PM
- By TheItalianOne in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:16 PM