Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Bell TV App for Blackberry

    I see that Bell has pushed a new icon to my home screen which allows me to download the "free" Bell TV app. Of course I downloaded and installed the app. It allows you to access live TV and PVR functions on your compatible digital HD box. Of course, that is the catch. While the 6131 HD receiver can be turned into a PVR by adding an external hard drive and has an Ethernet jack to connect to your network, it's the $10/month more expensive unit that qualifies. By the way, the BB software comes from Sling Media.

    Neat idea but since I'm not going to spend another $10/month to try it, at least it doesn't obsolete my new Slingbox PRO HD and the Slingplayer software I already use on my Bold 9700.

    /ES

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  2. cklasse's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    160 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Interesting, I am going to take a look into what boxes are compatible with the app. I have an older PVR box that isn't HD. I will post any findings.
  3. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andybrydon View Post
    Interesting, I am going to take a look into what boxes are compatible with the app. I have an older PVR box that isn't HD. I will post any findings.
    Yes, but keep in mind that it's only for Bell's flagship *HD* PVR boxes, the 9xxx series, so you're unlikely to find much love.

    /ES
  4. _shakabra_'s Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    PIN
    3087949B
    #4  

    Default

    Works sweet, this only works for the 9242 9241 models only, and only !
    Golf Laughs Golf
  5. The_New_Dude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    245 Posts
    PIN
    305D8672
    #5  

    Default

    Ahh so this phone app will only work if you have Bell TV at home??
    What if I have Rogers? HD box and a Bell smartphone?
    Homer: No BlackBerry and Internet make Homer go...something...something...
    Marge: Go Crazy?
    Homer: DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!

    Blog: My Blog about Everything and Nothing!

    Flickr Page
  6. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_New_Dude View Post
    Ahh so this phone app will only work if you have Bell TV at home??
    What if I have Rogers? HD box and a Bell smartphone?
    Kinda doubt that it'll work. Here's the link to the FAQ on the Bell site:
    Remote PVR- bell.ca
  7. The_New_Dude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    245 Posts
    PIN
    305D8672
    #7  

    Default

    Okay so i got more info on it.
    I downloaded the app from bell.mobi
    It is called the "Media Player" on your phone.
    Subscribed to the service for $10 for the Olympics channels.
    It's working well. Video is smooth and decent looking. Better then the Youtube videos, MUCH better than Youtube videos!

    Gonna have to carry my charge with me for the next 2 weeks!
    Homer: No BlackBerry and Internet make Homer go...something...something...
    Marge: Go Crazy?
    Homer: DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!

    Blog: My Blog about Everything and Nothing!

    Flickr Page
  8. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_New_Dude View Post
    Okay so i got more info on it.
    I downloaded the app from bell.mobi
    It is called the "Media Player" on your phone.
    Subscribed to the service for $10 for the Olympics channels.
    It's working well. Video is smooth and decent looking. Better then the Youtube videos, MUCH better than Youtube videos!

    Gonna have to carry my charge with me for the next 2 weeks!
    This is a new and different application entirely. Media Player doesn't equal Bell TV app. As I detailed in the original post, Bell TV app controls your own digital HD PVR set top box.

    /ES
  9. bigmac10ca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Has anyone who is not with Bell Mobility and has a bb curve 8330 been able to succesfully download this app from Bell TV Online and use it?

    I am with SaskTel and keep getting this error when I d/l the app:

    "Uncaught exception: Module with handle [4286] and index [0] has no application entry point"

    Anyone know what this means? The app appears on my home screen but when I log in I get just a blank page.

    Thanks.
  10. Cyberguyca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    got this working instantly on my Telus Bold 9700...sweet FREE app from Bell, had to scream free because Bell and free aren't usually seen in the same sentence very often...Thanks Bell for thinking of the customer first instead of the bottom line.
  11. webmeister's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberguyca View Post
    got this working instantly on my Telus Bold 9700...sweet FREE app from Bell, had to scream free because Bell and free aren't usually seen in the same sentence very often...Thanks Bell for thinking of the customer first instead of the bottom line.
    Which Bell HD box do you have?

    /ES

Posting Permissions