Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cklasse
  • 1 Post By JAGWIRE
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Bell Mobility rolls out 4LTE.

Bell Mobility rolls out LTE
    September 14, 2011 - 4:58pm

BCE Inc. subsidiary Bell Mobility rolled out its fourth-generation long-term evolution (LTE) wireless network services Wednesday in parts of major markets around the Toronto area and Southern Ontario.

Launched in “areas of Toronto, Mississauga, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo and Guelph,” the new network promises to offer data access speeds that are as fast as 75 Mbps, with typical speeds between 12 and 25 Mbps, the company said in a release Tuesday night.

Those speeds make the new network “at least three times faster” than Bell’s previous HSPA+ network, and could climb as high as 150 Mbps as the technology and related products evolve, the company also noted.

The new network will make it quicker and easier for businesses and individual consumers to take advantage of a wide variety of products and services on their mobile devices, including HD-quality videos, video conferencing, mobile gaming, and downloads of large applications and email attachments.

Though the company is not yet selling any LTE-capable smartphones or tablets to operate on its new high-speed network, those products are expected to be available later this year.

In the meantime, the company has rolled out LTE-capable Turbo Sticks that can connect laptops to the Internet using the new networks, the company said.

Bell’s launch of the new networks comes two weeks after competitor Rogers Communication Inc. announced that it would extend its own Ottawa-area LTE network into Toronto on Sept. 28, with rollouts in Vancouver and Montreal also expected later this year.

On Sept. 2, SaksTel also announced plans to deploy an LTE network for its Saskatchewan-based customers next year.

Further expansion of Bell’s LTE network is also expected for later this year, but the company declined to offer details as to which other markets would be targeted other than to note that it was “focused on an urban rollout first.”

Future coverage in rural and remote areas would be “contingent on the outcome of Industry Canada’s 700 MHz spectrum auction,” expected to take place next year, the company also noted.

Source: Bell Mobility rolls out LTE | The Wire Report
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bell Mobility rolls out 4LTE.-bell.png  
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 09-14-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:29F54940

This I not relevant on a Blackberry forum as there isn't a Blackberry that supports LTE
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jrocke0w0 View Post
    This I not relevant on a Blackberry forum as there isn't a Blackberry that supports LTE
    This is very much related to BB and BB users. LTE has been discussed for years with the carriers and RIM from the get go has said they will be at the forefront of LTE. I want an LTE BB ASAP.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

BB10 is rumored to support LTE and also the new PBs that are coming out this year are going to support LTE. so yes this is relevant. WOOT go Bell
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JAGWIRE View Post
    BB10 is rumored to support LTE and also the new PBs that are coming out this year are going to support LTE. so yes this is relevant. WOOT go Bell
    Well that has been their reasoning behind pushing the phones back, to have the proper LTE chips and things, right?

Not going to make a huge difference to me, since Bell/Telus's LTE coverage is pretty minimal as far as I am aware.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

That is what they are saying is the reason for the hold up ya. that and wanting to launch a device that actually works properly out the gate LOL.

the Faux-G network wastnt big when it was originally launched now it covers almost everywhere. Just give it time and it will happen.
    Back from the depths!!!
    CrackBerry Master

That's faster than the home service they offer. I'm not a happy bell customer. I only went with them because robbers passed me off, and when I threatened to quit they called my bluff.

Anyway faster Internet options are always welcomed
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts

Bell has the lowest rated customer service out of all the mobile providers in Canada last year. The FiberOp they are pushing right now is awesome . no bandwidth cap and speeds can go up to 170mbps!!
    Back from the depths!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,635 Global Posts

LTE devices burn through their battery life much quicker than 3G ones. So the trade off is speed over battery life, you choose!