Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone here switch from Rogers?

I am in the process of moving multiple accounts away from Rogers.
    I am up to the one that contains my personal cell phone.
    My phone is Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2947
    1) unlocked, will it work with Bell LTE?
    2) does Bell support the VVM baked into OS10?
    3) is tech support at least somewhat competent?
    4) does bell have a service that will cause my # to ring at multiple locations (like Rogers One Number)?
    5) what is the largest data plan available?
    6) does Bell have an unlimited NA plan?
    7) what are roaming fees like?
    8) what else should I know?

Posted via CBQ10
    ~Twitter: @wbbeinuni
    Brooklyn, NY/Eastern Ontario
    CrackBerry Genius

Bell sucks too, telus better but all big companies have issues

Q10 & Loaner Q5 for two Weeks
    CrackBerry Abuser

I left Rogers and went to Wind and i've had no regrets..... it cut my bill down by 60% with no restrictions.

Posted via CB10
  4. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_mitch View Post
    I left Rogers and went to Wind and i've had no regrets..... it cut my bill down by 60% with no restrictions.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly Wind may not be an option depending on location. My in-laws live in a fairly big city and get sketchy reception in their house. If they go to visit a relative on the outskirts of the same city they get zero reception. Not in and out reception, zero reception.

Until Wind can match or exceed my Rogers coverage, I will not take them seriously.

FYI, I'm talking about Mississauga.

Posted via CB10
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry User

Telus is the best
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by nomindster View Post
    Telus is the best
    Ok, can you answer my questions as they would pertain to Telus. I am not stuck to Bell but I do need coverage and dependability first. That is why I stuck it out with Rogers despite years of dealing with incompetence.

Posted via CBQ10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

With regard to telus,
    1) see edit.
    2) I have never used visual voice mail, and am unable to find more information about it on their site. Contact @TELUSsupport On twitter for more information
    3) extremely. Often I can solve my issues through their twitter support alone.
    4) only basic call forwarding
    5) 10GB
    6) yes, see share plus. Only calling and text.
    7)
    Pay-Per-Use rates for USA
    If you don?t buy a Travel Pass, these are the pay-per-use rates:
    Voice
    $1.50/minute
    Data
    $5.00/MB
    Text
    $0.60/text

However they have "travel passes" which lower the costs considerably. See http://www.telus.com/en/ns/mobility/...us&country=USA

8) ask about promotional plans, say you're thinking about switching, etc. "Daniel " on their twitter support is the guy to talk to. Knows a lot about BlackBerry devices. Birthday perks, twitter contests.

Edit: just asked @TELUSsupport for the frequencies for LTE. They use 2100 for LTE, 850 and 1900 for 3G/3.5G. So no, LTE would not work, however 3G and H/H+ would. Bell uses the same frequencies.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bmercer94; 04-30-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by bmercer94 View Post
    With regard to telus,
    1) it should, yes
    2) I have never used visual voice mail, and am unable to find more information about it on their site. Contact @TELUSsupport On twitter for more information
    3) extremely. Often I can solve my issues through their twitter support alone.
    4) only basic call forwarding
    5) 10GB
    6) yes, see share plus. Only calling and text.
    7)
    Pay-Per-Use rates for USA
    If you don?t buy a Travel Pass, these are the pay-per-use rates:
    Voice
    $1.50/minute
    Data
    $5.00/MB
    Text
    $0.60/text

However they have "travel passes" which lower the costs considerably. See http://www.telus.com/en/ns/mobility/...us&country=USA

8) ask about promotional plans, say you're thinking about switching, etc. "Andrew " on their twitter support is the guy to talk to. Knows a lot about BlackBerry devices. Birthday perks, twitter contests.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is good to hear from someone who is upbeat about his service provider. I will look into it. I have sent an inquiry to the twitter account you mentioned.

Posted via CBQ10
    CrackBerry User

I left Rogers out of protest for not having the Z30. Went to Telus. At least they had the Z30 (along with Bell).

Powered by BlackBerry Z30
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wbbeinuni View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is good to hear from someone who is upbeat about his service provider. I will look into it. I have sent an inquiry to the twitter account you mentioned.

Posted via CBQ10
    Telus is without a doubt the best service provider I've ever been with. After the atrocities I've suffered at the hands of bell mobility support I wouldn't recommend them to my enemies.

Posted via CB10
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by bmercer94 View Post
    Telus is without a doubt the best service provider I've ever been with. After the atrocities I've suffered at the hands of bell mobility support I wouldn't recommend them to my enemies.

Posted via CB10
    My sentiments about Rogers exactly. But, alas, Telus does not support the VVM feature that I rely so heavily on:

Anyone here switch from Rogers?-air_20140430_00000.jpg

I do salute their prompt, honest (refreshing) after-hours response however.

Posted via CBQ10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

Their hours for twitter support run until late est. As late as 9PM I believe.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

They already got back to me a second time to say they forwarded my inquiry as a suggestion...

Posted via CBQ10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts

From my experience, they will do their best to help you, everything within their power. Daniel and Andrew have helped me the most exclusively. They're the early morning and late night support fellows.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

I am with Bell in Qiebec. I was with Virgin when I had my Torch 2, but since I wanted to upgrade to the Z30, I was forced to make a switch to either Telus or Bell.

Originally, Telus offered the best deal (50$) with plan. Bell however matched Telus with a plan of $85/mo for 2GB data (shared), free national calling and texts, threw in one month free, as well as 10 hours of free TV per month.

Recently Bell lowered their plan to compete with Videotron (only for Quebec), so now I pay $80/mo for 4GB data (non-shareable), with same unlimited calling and texting within Canada. I have found Bell customer service so far to be decent (surpising). Their Web site is good for tracking data usage. The TV app is good too (16:9 and HD), but channels are limited for the free package. So far I am satisfied.

Posted using my Z30
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chelmsford View Post
    I left Rogers out of protest for not having the Z30. Went to Telus. At least they had the Z30 (along with Bell).