I'm very curious about how people have fared with BB/BBRY shares. To start things of, I'll share my story.

1) Bought the first round of BB shares at 14.90. Total 650 shares.
    2) Sold 325 the day before a Quarterly review, made a small profit of a few hundred. I was feeling cautiously optimistic, so I held on to half (325).
    3) Bad news, the share price dropped to about $10.50/share. Decided to wait for a while, and then buy more shares (650) to drive my average price down to $11.80. Figuring this was the bottom, I was confident in my decision
    4) Price drops down to the low 9s. Finally rallies, price goes above $12 for a day, was $600 ahead in a roughly 11k investment. At the time, I started hearing rumours of a possible sale. Thought that there might be a $2-3 premium if it ever happened, so I held on.
    5) Share price dropped after the massive bad news. I thought about waiting for the $9/share offer from Fairfax, but the risk/reward of recouping a few hundred versus losing another few thousand if the deal doesn't go through did not justify holding for any longer.
    6) Sold for $8.60. Lost roughly $3000 in total.

I'm a big fan, and nothing would make me happier if BlackBerry comes roaring back. I think that fueled my optimism and caused me to ignore certain signs. I think I could've made money with BB/BBRY if I was less emotional and more rationale.

Edit: Should probably mention that I ended up losing 30%
    Last edited by s7khan; 10-22-13 at 10:34 AM.
    10-21-13 12:54 PM
    Thanks i bought your shares

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:19 PM
    -50%

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:21 PM
    you shouldn't have sold at 8.6 so close to November 4th, the official "potential" offer is anyway at $9, you would have sold roughly 5% higher..
    I personally think that at least, at least the $9 deal will go through, maybe we'll even have more bids by then
    10-21-13 01:31 PM
    Thanks i bought your shares
    You're most welcome. I had no idea there were so few. I feel bad for hogging them now

-50%

Posted via CB10
    Ouch! Still holding on to them, or sold?

you shouldn't have sold at 8.6 so close to November 4th, the official "potential" offer is anyway at $9, you would have sold roughly 5% higher..
    I personally think that at least, at least the $9 deal will go through, maybe we'll even have more bids by then
    The difference between $9 and $8.60 to me is roughly $500. I guess after seeing the share price plummet in an instant by a few dollars twice I couldn't stomach the risk that the Fairfax deal doesn't get the financing it needs. It was also waiting till November 4th to free up capital for other investments. I split the money between Bombardier and Air Canada and made the $500 had I waited till November 4th and the deal goes through. As for the other potential bids, I'm hopeful there are some higher bids out there. Let's see.
    10-21-13 02:10 PM
    On Nov 30th, after the FF bid is totally dead and the price is ~$5, ask tomsobon for a clarification.

I lost a few $K. Lucky for me that I rolled into the house just as the announcement was made that the stock was stopped.
    10-21-13 02:14 PM
    Good news, they are still for sale. Generally value investors don't like to pay a premium, but hey maybe prem has no clue what he got into or mike or lenovo, or google, cisco? Cerberus? ..... poor bastards if they only knew what the average shareholders knew they would be long gone when the analysts told them to.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:25 PM
    I've lost 60% or so of my investment

Which was 15% or so of my non retirement portfolio.

My SD holding should make up for the loss once it corrects.
    Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:49 PM
    I've lost 60% or so of my investment

Which was 15% or so of my non retirement portfolio.

My SD holding should make up for the loss once it corrects.
    Wow! If you don't mind me asking, what price did you buy/sell?

Anyone who made money with BB/BBRY?
    10-22-13 10:35 AM

Yes, me.

I bought in the month of September last year and sold (most) around June, this year.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:50 PM

Doubt you will find folks who made money on this site. The shorts are the ones making money. They definitely got us on this one.

At least for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:57 PM
    Doubt you will find folks who made money on this site. The shorts are the ones making money. They definitely got us on this one.

At least for now.

Posted via CB10
    I, as the whole stock did since September last year, traded on BB10s potential.
    As it became clear for me, that the potential will not be met, I sold while still making a profit.

Nothing wrong with that...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 01:31 PM
    I, as the whole stock did since September last year, traded on BB10s potential.
    As it became clear for me, that the potential will not be met, I sold while still making a profit.

Nothing wrong with that...

Posted via CB10
    Impressive and good timing.
    I thought there would be a market for qwerty phones and a nitch for secure touch phones and it would be enough for bbry. But it doesn't seem to be.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:01 PM

Stock wise, I'm in at the high 9s.

Options with strikes above and below $9 hurt me. Some lost some value. Some are worthless.

I estimate that for every dollar I put in, I walk away with 40 cents.

If more offers come in though, I could still turn a profit. $13 is probably profitably to me. $11 probably is break even.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:59 PM