I know this is the ignorant, age old stock question, but I am more so looking for opinions as to why you think it will or won't. I'm thinking of buying some more shares and any advise would be great!
    02-26-13 11:12 AM
    There is always a chance it will go even lower. Some are talking in the $10-$11 dollar range.

Take your time as if it does go up it will be closer to the US introduction which is a little way off. Good luck
    02-26-13 11:16 AM
    hoopitz, what's your expected timeframe for holding the stock, if you buy? Are you trying to do some short-term market timing, or medium term (e.g. hold for some months) or longer term (hold for a year or more)?

(You probably know already where I'm headed with that. :-) )
    02-26-13 01:07 PM
    ANY stock can lose value. Just ask the Apple shareholders last year who were hearing glowing analyst predictions of $1,100 share prices, only to see a 20% drop.

BB isn't out of the woods yet; there's all kinds of bad news that can trigger a selloff, and not all of it is in the company's control. Because there are so many unknowns surrounding the company and such a scary management record before Heins took over, sentiment drives this stock a lot more than many others. So, BBRY is sensitive to news. VERY sensitive.

All that said, I could see it dip down to the $12 level before it begins to take off again, but I'm confident that the Z10 will get a relatively warm reception in the US when it launches next month. I PERSONALLY think it's still a good value even right now, with the potential it might dip a bit over the next 6-8 weeks. I've seen some analysts say with a straight face that they can see this stock trading over $40 by year's end. My personal, total wild guess is that it could be worth as much as $100 by the end of 2014.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-26-13 01:15 PM
    I bought in way back at $9.50, and have taken call options in the last few days for march and april in the $14-16 range.

The options may have been a bad move, as the stock has dipped several percent since and shows signs of going lower until real numbers come out. That said, i could see this bottoming out to $12, but any lower would require BAD numbers to release.
    02-26-13 02:51 PM
    God I bought it at $11,16 and 17. Very worried now pls don't drop further!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 06:40 PM
    God I bought it at $11,16 and 17. Very worried now pls don't drop further!

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work that way otherwise I would never lose money.
    Look at your cost and think on this, "knowing what I know now, would I buy at this price? ". If yes, then don't check the ticker for four months.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 09:19 PM
    I would only invest in a tech stock if I was in a position to actually afford to lose said money... Same principle as when I gamble,,,,, I only gamble what I can afford to lose.... remember... stocks most times are a gamble at best....
    02-26-13 09:46 PM
    Yes. It will go lower.
    02-26-13 09:55 PM
    Thanks for the input, everyone.

@peter - yeah, I'm probably looking to hold onto it for a while, so i suppose if i "overpay" a buck a share and it goes up like i anticipate it to, not a big deal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-27-13 01:33 AM
    I can afford to lose but I obviously don't want to. Anyway I bought them to hold but seeing the price drops this way does get one worried.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:52 AM
    Yes, it can go lower. Here is my reason. We have yet to see "Blood in the Streets". If the stock drops into the $9 to $11 range I am forecasting investor capitulation.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:37 AM
    If you were tracking this stock from 140$ to now, there has long been "blood in the streets".
    peter9477 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-27-13 02:26 PM
    I know all too well.
    07-01-14 02:10 PM
    Yes, it can go lower. Here is my reason. We have yet to see "Blood in the Streets". If the stock drops into the $9 to $11 range I am forecasting investor capitulation.

Posted via CB10
    Stock dropped below 9! And there was no capitulation.

Anyone who thinks they know how a stock market will behave accurately please let me know. Won't mind making some Dough.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:26 PM
    Really messed me up someone bring this old thread back... taught some people had lost their minds.

As for will the stock go lower.... it all depend on if Chen can keep the momentum going for three months and if the new Earns Report has some more good news.
    07-02-14 08:41 AM
    Doubt it drops below $10 before the next earnings report. Z3 seems to be selling. No rumors of high end android phones in the works. Samsung is lacking wounds and probably six months from their next flagship galaxy. Maybe nine months.

Seems like no serious competition in the enterprise space either. BlackBerry 10.3 seems to have some nice features.

Major threat is the iPhone 6. It will crush the high end space. That phone is going to be very powerful and high end build with the sapphire screen. Leaked screen looks amazing. Can't scratch it with a knife. But BlackBerry is positioning itself to compete on other factors like security, document management and the hub. Not to mention price is a big way.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:28 PM
    Doubt it drops below $10 before the next earnings report. Z3 seems to be selling. No rumors of high end android phones in the works. Samsung is lacking wounds and probably six months from their next flagship galaxy. Maybe nine months.

Seems like no serious competition in the enterprise space either. BlackBerry 10.3 seems to have some nice features.

Major threat is the iPhone 6. It will crush the high end space. That phone is going to be very powerful and high end build with the sapphire screen. Leaked screen looks amazing. Can't scratch it with a knife. But BlackBerry is positioning itself to compete on other factors like security, document management and the hub. Not to mention price is a big way.

Posted via CB10
    How is BlackBerry positioning itself to compete on price?

Right now BlackBerry has two very enterprise targeted devices coming, not sure it matters what Android or Apple is doing as neither the Passport or the Classic is going to interest consumers in general.

But I do agree that a drop below $10 shouldn't happen unless we get some news that indicates that sales of current devices has fallen sharply. After the ER... that is another matter.
    07-10-14 10:31 AM
    How is BlackBerry positioning itself to compete on price?

Right now BlackBerry has two very enterprise targeted devices coming, not sure it matters what Android or Apple is doing as neither the Passport or the Classic is going to interest consumers in general.

But I do agree that a drop below $10 shouldn't happen unless we get some news that indicates that sales of current devices has fallen sharply. After the ER... that is another matter.
    Throw Back Thursdays.....
    techvisor likes this.
    08-20-15 11:53 AM
    I think today and yesterday SP indicate that it can go lower. The market has some rebounds but let's see if it holds.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:36 PM
    Seems to have settled for now.... with just about no real news.

With the quarter over, it's hard to say what the next ER will bring.... but that will be the next big turning point I think.
    09-03-15 11:56 AM
    To answer the OP's question from Feb 2013, the share price was about $13 back then and is $7.43 today so the answer is yes, the stock price did go lower than anyone on this thread ever considered.
    09-03-15 12:26 PM
    ANY stock can lose value. Just ask the Apple shareholders last year who were hearing glowing analyst predictions of $1,100 share prices, only to see a 20% drop.

BB isn't out of the woods yet; there's all kinds of bad news that can trigger a selloff, and not all of it is in the company's control. Because there are so many unknowns surrounding the company and such a scary management record before Heins took over, sentiment drives this stock a lot more than many others. So, BBRY is sensitive to news. VERY sensitive.

All that said, I could see it dip down to the $12 level before it begins to take off again, but I'm confident that the Z10 will get a relatively warm reception in the US when it launches next month. I PERSONALLY think it's still a good value even right now, with the potential it might dip a bit over the next 6-8 weeks. I've seen some analysts say with a straight face that they can see this stock trading over $40 by year's end. My personal, total wild guess is that it could be worth as much as $100 by the end of 2014.
    Another oldie... but shows just what many were thinking back in 2013. BB10 would at least get them in the a chance to be in the race.... really didn't matter if it was a HUGE hit or just a modest one. So there was no way that $13 - $15 it was trading at would hold for very long. $100 really is what many here believed in.

Also shows how much sentiment got in the way of investing. Many here, disliked Apple just because they were the competition... but early 2013 would have been a great time to buy Apple stock. Apple hasn't seen $60 a share since... and BlackBerry's hasn't seen $15 since either.
    07-06-20 10:30 AM
    Another oldie... but shows just what many were thinking back in 2013. BB10 would at least get them in the a chance to be in the race.... really didn't matter if it was a HUGE hit or just a modest one. So there was no way that $13 - $15 it was trading at would hold for very long. $100 really is what many here believed in.

Also shows how much sentiment got in the way of investing. Many here, disliked Apple just because they were the competition... but early 2013 would have been a great time to buy Apple stock. Apple hasn't seen $60 a share since... and BlackBerry's hasn't seen $15 since either.
    LMAO
    07-06-20 10:32 AM