Will the stock go lower?
I know this is the ignorant, age old stock question, but I am more so looking for opinions as to why you think it will or won't. I'm thinking of buying some more shares and any advise would be great!
- 02-26-13, 11:16 AM #2
There is always a chance it will go even lower. Some are talking in the $10-$11 dollar range.
Take your time as if it does go up it will be closer to the US introduction which is a little way off. Good luck
- 02-26-13, 01:07 PM #3
hoopitz, what's your expected timeframe for holding the stock, if you buy? Are you trying to do some short-term market timing, or medium term (e.g. hold for some months) or longer term (hold for a year or more)?
(You probably know already where I'm headed with that. :-) )
- 02-26-13, 01:15 PM #4
ANY stock can lose value. Just ask the Apple shareholders last year who were hearing glowing analyst predictions of $1,100 share prices, only to see a 20% drop.
BB isn't out of the woods yet; there's all kinds of bad news that can trigger a selloff, and not all of it is in the company's control. Because there are so many unknowns surrounding the company and such a scary management record before Heins took over, sentiment drives this stock a lot more than many others. So, BBRY is sensitive to news. VERY sensitive.
All that said, I could see it dip down to the $12 level before it begins to take off again, but I'm confident that the Z10 will get a relatively warm reception in the US when it launches next month. I PERSONALLY think it's still a good value even right now, with the potential it might dip a bit over the next 6-8 weeks. I've seen some analysts say with a straight face that they can see this stock trading over $40 by year's end. My personal, total wild guess is that it could be worth as much as $100 by the end of 2014.“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-26-13, 02:51 PM #5
- 178 Posts
I bought in way back at $9.50, and have taken call options in the last few days for march and april in the $14-16 range.
The options may have been a bad move, as the stock has dipped several percent since and shows signs of going lower until real numbers come out. That said, i could see this bottoming out to $12, but any lower would require BAD numbers to release.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-26-13, 09:19 PM #7
- 548 Posts
- CrackBerry Genius
02-26-13, 09:46 PM #8
- 2,201 Posts
I would only invest in a tech stock if I was in a position to actually afford to lose said money... Same principle as when I gamble,,,,, I only gamble what I can afford to lose.... remember... stocks most times are a gamble at best....
Will the stock go lower?
Thanks for the input, everyone.
@peter - yeah, I'm probably looking to hold onto it for a while, so i suppose if i "overpay" a buck a share and it goes up like i anticipate it to, not a big deal.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
- 07-02-14, 08:41 AM #16
Really messed me up someone bring this old thread back... taught some people had lost their minds.
As for will the stock go lower.... it all depend on if Chen can keep the momentum going for three months and if the new Earns Report has some more good news.
- 07-09-14, 07:28 PM #17
Doubt it drops below $10 before the next earnings report. Z3 seems to be selling. No rumors of high end android phones in the works. Samsung is lacking wounds and probably six months from their next flagship galaxy. Maybe nine months.
Seems like no serious competition in the enterprise space either. BlackBerry 10.3 seems to have some nice features.
Major threat is the iPhone 6. It will crush the high end space. That phone is going to be very powerful and high end build with the sapphire screen. Leaked screen looks amazing. Can't scratch it with a knife. But BlackBerry is positioning itself to compete on other factors like security, document management and the hub. Not to mention price is a big way.
Posted via CB10
- 07-10-14, 10:31 AM #18
Right now BlackBerry has two very enterprise targeted devices coming, not sure it matters what Android or Apple is doing as neither the Passport or the Classic is going to interest consumers in general.
But I do agree that a drop below $10 shouldn't happen unless we get some news that indicates that sales of current devices has fallen sharply. After the ER... that is another matter.
- By The_Van_27 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 05-21-11, 11:05 PM
- By Phoenix Designs in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 8Last Post: 12-29-09, 07:55 PM
- By sizz1806 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 11-17-09, 09:20 PM
- By chrisbridges1992 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 02-14-09, 08:28 PM
- By tscheidt in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-21-08, 12:10 PM