Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sqoon
  • 1 Post By dusdal
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will the stock go lower?

I know this is the ignorant, age old stock question, but I am more so looking for opinions as to why you think it will or won't. I'm thinking of buying some more shares and any advise would be great!
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

There is always a chance it will go even lower. Some are talking in the $10-$11 dollar range.

Take your time as if it does go up it will be closer to the US introduction which is a little way off. Good luck
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

hoopitz, what's your expected timeframe for holding the stock, if you buy? Are you trying to do some short-term market timing, or medium term (e.g. hold for some months) or longer term (hold for a year or more)?

(You probably know already where I'm headed with that. :-) )
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.

Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

ANY stock can lose value. Just ask the Apple shareholders last year who were hearing glowing analyst predictions of $1,100 share prices, only to see a 20% drop.

BB isn't out of the woods yet; there's all kinds of bad news that can trigger a selloff, and not all of it is in the company's control. Because there are so many unknowns surrounding the company and such a scary management record before Heins took over, sentiment drives this stock a lot more than many others. So, BBRY is sensitive to news. VERY sensitive.

All that said, I could see it dip down to the $12 level before it begins to take off again, but I'm confident that the Z10 will get a relatively warm reception in the US when it launches next month. I PERSONALLY think it's still a good value even right now, with the potential it might dip a bit over the next 6-8 weeks. I've seen some analysts say with a straight face that they can see this stock trading over $40 by year's end. My personal, total wild guess is that it could be worth as much as $100 by the end of 2014.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

--Mark Twain
    CrackBerry Abuser

I bought in way back at $9.50, and have taken call options in the last few days for march and april in the $14-16 range.

The options may have been a bad move, as the stock has dipped several percent since and shows signs of going lower until real numbers come out. That said, i could see this bottoming out to $12, but any lower would require BAD numbers to release.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,085 Global Posts

God I bought it at $11,16 and 17. Very worried now pls don't drop further!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakablej View Post
    God I bought it at $11,16 and 17. Very worried now pls don't drop further!

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work that way otherwise I would never lose money.
    Look at your cost and think on this, "knowing what I know now, would I buy at this price? ". If yes, then don't check the ticker for four months.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I would only invest in a tech stock if I was in a position to actually afford to lose said money... Same principle as when I gamble,,,,, I only gamble what I can afford to lose.... remember... stocks most times are a gamble at best....
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    5032340A

Yes. It will go lower.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Default Will the stock go lower?

Thanks for the input, everyone.

@peter - yeah, I'm probably looking to hold onto it for a while, so i suppose if i "overpay" a buck a share and it goes up like i anticipate it to, not a big deal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,085 Global Posts

I can afford to lose but I obviously don't want to. Anyway I bought them to hold but seeing the price drops this way does get one worried.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes, it can go lower. Here is my reason. We have yet to see "Blood in the Streets". If the stock drops into the $9 to $11 range I am forecasting investor capitulation.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

If you were tracking this stock from 140$ to now, there has long been "blood in the streets".
    peter9477 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

I know all too well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sparkaction View Post
    Yes, it can go lower. Here is my reason. We have yet to see "Blood in the Streets". If the stock drops into the $9 to $11 range I am forecasting investor capitulation.

Posted via CB10
    Stock dropped below 9! And there was no capitulation.

Anyone who thinks they know how a stock market will behave accurately please let me know. Won't mind making some Dough.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    6,276 Global Posts

Really messed me up someone bring this old thread back... taught some people had lost their minds.

As for will the stock go lower.... it all depend on if Chen can keep the momentum going for three months and if the new Earns Report has some more good news.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts

Doubt it drops below $10 before the next earnings report. Z3 seems to be selling. No rumors of high end android phones in the works. Samsung is lacking wounds and probably six months from their next flagship galaxy. Maybe nine months.

Seems like no serious competition in the enterprise space either. BlackBerry 10.3 seems to have some nice features.

Major threat is the iPhone 6. It will crush the high end space. That phone is going to be very powerful and high end build with the sapphire screen. Leaked screen looks amazing. Can't scratch it with a knife. But BlackBerry is positioning itself to compete on other factors like security, document management and the hub. Not to mention price is a big way.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    6,276 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JonCBK View Post
    Doubt it drops below $10 before the next earnings report. Z3 seems to be selling. No rumors of high end android phones in the works. Samsung is lacking wounds and probably six months from their next flagship galaxy. Maybe nine months.

Seems like no serious competition in the enterprise space either. BlackBerry 10.3 seems to have some nice features.

Major threat is the iPhone 6. It will crush the high end space. That phone is going to be very powerful and high end build with the sapphire screen. Leaked screen looks amazing. Can't scratch it with a knife. But BlackBerry is positioning itself to compete on other factors like security, document management and the hub. Not to mention price is a big way.

Posted via CB10
    How is BlackBerry positioning itself to compete on price?

Right now BlackBerry has two very enterprise targeted devices coming, not sure it matters what Android or Apple is doing as neither the Passport or the Classic is going to interest consumers in general.

But I do agree that a drop below $10 shouldn't happen unless we get some news that indicates that sales of current devices has fallen sharply. After the ER... that is another matter.