One area I will agree. BlackBerry has done an awful job (absolutely terrible) in sticking up for itself and trying harder to change perception of itself.

So to your point, and to my point above yours. Because BlackBerry is so gutless, its fun for the media and consumers a like to pile on, because BlackBerry does nothing to fight back. Its easy to go with the mob and kick a person while they are down, much harder to stand up for someone in the face of being caught by the kicks yourself.
    I'd say BBRY tries to defend what can be defended. I can't readily fault the company for not answering things that really cannot be answered satisfactorily.
    09-20-13 08:18 AM
    Here is an article to comment on.

The Decline of BlackBerry - At Issue
    09-20-13 08:25 AM
    Because it drives traffic to their sites.
    09-20-13 08:34 AM
    BlackBerry will rise again!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:36 AM
    And what exactly has BBRY brought out that is "light years ahead of anything the competition has, for cheaper?" Blackberry has been accused of many things, but no such thing.

Funny, I've been thinking for a while it's similar to Commodore (of Commodore 64 fame) and the Amiga. A company once outselling everyone by a large margin (a fact most forget in the Apple II dominated history). They bring out the Amiga as the next chapter in the company, and it proves to be light years ahead of anything the competition has, for cheaper. Hampered by horrible marketing and a management team completely out of touch with the changing marketplace, the Amiga and Commodore both eventually fail even though it's product is highly competitive and engineered quite well.
    09-20-13 09:57 AM
    And what exactly has BBRY brought out that is "light years ahead of anything the competition has, for cheaper?" Blackberry has been accused of many things, but no such thing.
    Show me where it is behind? And don't say apps, because they don't control that.

Show me what about BB10 and the new devices deserves the condesending snarls it gets. Please make a point by point, that justifies the immature snarkyness of the media when they speak about BlackBerry.

Reality is they are no longer behind and in many areas have made imporvements over competing platforms No one should expect a phone that cures cancer and installs world peace. Show some fvcking respect is all anyone asks
    danprown, potatoguy and toc610 like this.
    09-20-13 10:01 AM
    They don't . They could care less about blackberry. But the media very much has a mob mentality. They will pick on a company that is down, and love a company that is popular. When the see an individual or company that was once on top struggling like blackberry and Microsoft it's like sharks sensing blood.
    09-20-13 10:20 AM
    I agree they are not behind. They are on par on many things, ahead on many things, and behind on many things.
    But they are not "light years ahead" and "cheaper." I think the very problem is that BBRY has approached the media (TH's swipes at Android, iPhone, tablets, open source" and the market (pricing) as if they are light years.
    This has turned off many consumers (comparing it to the competition) and die-hards (comparing BB10 to their old powerhorses, e.g. Belfast guy) at the same time.

Show me where it is behind? And don't say apps, because they don't control that.

Show me what about BB10 and the new devices deserves the condesending snarls it gets. Please make a point by point, that justifies the immature snarkyness of the media when they speak about BlackBerry.

Reality is they are no longer behind and in many areas have made imporvements over competing platforms No one should expect a phone that cures cancer and installs world peace. Show some fvcking respect is all anyone asks
    09-20-13 11:33 AM
    Your not arguing but nitpicking. The underlying point of my comment was not that BB was "light years ahead", that was used to describe Amiga. The underlying argument is the overall product is a solid competitor (BB10 in BlackBerry's case, the Amiga in Commodore's), but through a series of terrible moves by management and wandering, aimless marketing that fails to understand the market it's trying to recapture leads to the decline and eventual failure. In both cases, the company made a lot of money and were early leaders in their industry, but more through luck of timing and engineering than anything else. This fact is painfully evident when the market shifted and the company was unable to shift fast enough with it, nor able to market itself back into the market once it's technically caught up.
    09-20-13 01:11 PM
    It has to do with who are the owners of BBRY. Jim B., Mike L and more recently Prem Watsa have rubbed a lot of powerful people the wrong way in the USA over the years. One of the most powerful hedge fund managers in the US calls Watsa the N-word. We can put 2 and 2 together.
    You are correct, the media in USA went after goofy Balsille when he pissed-off every owner in the NHL. He was attempting to manipulate them, using insults, crazy press conferences, it backfired. Maybe it was not covered in Canada. Many people remember his arrogant efforts. Additionally he took valuable time away from RIM.

Why would the media have a grudge against BlackBerry?-image.jpg
    11-13-13 10:48 PM
    The media doesn't have a grudge against Blackberry. They just love to kick someone (person or business) when they're down. What could be safer than taking a shot at Blackberry? Just think of the media like a huge group of children. They love a pile-on. They love to make fun of the struggling kid. Add to that the nationalistic bias to the US media being against a Canadian company. (We're #1! USA! USA!).

But the bottom line is that the fault lies 99% at the hands of BBRY's management and BOD. Never forget that.
    11-14-13 10:10 PM
36 12