If I say anything remotely critical of how BBRY and its management is doing the worst job possible in terms of PR and IR and improving the perception of Blackberry, a lot of die-hard fans totally devoid of reason and logic.. go on a vicious attack on me. But what are they doing to attack the rest of the investment community who is giving such a low valuation to BBRY and essentially implying that this management is awful. This stock trades below book and that ij my opinion is a nvery big insult to the management and the board, a bigger, harsher indictment than I can possibly imply. And this has been going for a long time, I can understand short term movements being irrational but this is an ongoing fact.

If this management team and the board inspired confidence, there is no reason this stock should be rtrading below 40-60 range given all the wonderful technology it has. I will continue to hold my shares because inherent value of BBRY is far higher than the price but management ahs to change thinsg to drastically improve perception. When the stock was at $20, the management team (under Mike and Jim) said that that was unacceptable and they need to improve shareholder value... and what do we have now?

Perceptions do matter, they even shape reality. BBRY has great assets, best technology, they need to work on how it is perceived.
    mike869, NaijaBerry and Korepab like this.
    06-11-13 09:23 AM
    Perceptions do matter, they even shape reality. BBRY has great assets, best technology, they need to work on how it is perceived.
    Apple had the same problem for decades. No one even looked at an Apple ad because it was perceived that Windows was "good enough". Apple succeeded by giving up on the enterprise customer and focused on the consumer. Win the consumer, and the enterprise will follow (BYOD).

Today, the "brass ring" is no longer the corporate customer, especially with this economy. BlackBerry is trying to change its image from a corporate tool to a life style buddy. This is not easy without a WOW factor product. And by WOW factor I don't mean a phone with a mechanical keyboard.

Until BlackBerry decides what kind of company they want to be, nothing is going to change a person's perception of what they are.

Innovation is a process.
    Not an event.
    06-11-13 11:03 AM
    Sometimes I think that Blackberry management is still living in the past when they were great!

If I ran the place I would dump the entire PR team and replace them. I have to wonder if TH does not think that PR matters as I do not think he is stupid!
    06-11-13 11:13 AM
    June 28th is coming soon enough? What exactly would you legally have them do, serious question?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:16 AM
    The problem is your attacking a management team who are doing an amazing job. The stock price is being driven by the shorts. The only thing BlackBerry needs to do is to stay positive and keep working hard. Its like you want them to release a news statement everytime a negative article comes out.

Wait for the earnings, then bash them if their numbers flop. Maybe if you want to take shots at the PR or management then just short the stock. If you believe their crap then put your money where your mouth is.

Thats why you might get bashed
    06-11-13 11:16 AM
    The problem is your attacking a management team who are doing an amazing job. The stock price is being driven by the shorts. The only thing BlackBerry needs to do is to stay positive and keep working hard. Its like you want them to release a news statement everytime a negative article comes out.

Wait for the earnings, then bash them if their numbers flop. Maybe if you want to take shots at the PR or management then just short the stock. If you believe their crap then put your money where your mouth is.

Thats why you might get bashed
    ^^^this^^^

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:22 AM
    Yes, all the blame is due to the shorts!

I can't even keep a straight face!
    06-11-13 11:48 AM
    Lack of patience comes to mind. Why do people expect BlackBerry to be back to their former glory in a matter of months...how rediculous is that. It will be a slow and steady process that will take potentially years. Those are the facts I'm afraid. As a long term shareholder I am very happy with what TH and his team have done in such a short time.

Folks want a quick fix....not going to happen.
    06-11-13 11:59 AM
    If I say anything remotely critical of how BBRY and its management is doing the worst job possible in terms of PR and IR and improving the perception of Blackberry, a lot of die-hard fans totally devoid of reason and logic.. go on a vicious attack on me. But what are they doing to attack the rest of the investment community who is giving such a low valuation to BBRY and essentially implying that this management is awful. This stock trades below book and that ij my opinion is a nvery big insult to the management and the board, a bigger, harsher indictment than I can possibly imply. And this has been going for a long time, I can understand short term movements being irrational but this is an ongoing fact.

If this management team and the board inspired confidence, there is no reason this stock should be rtrading below 40-60 range given all the wonderful technology it has. I will continue to hold my shares because inherent value of BBRY is far higher than the price but management ahs to change thinsg to drastically improve perception. When the stock was at $20, the management team (under Mike and Jim) said that that was unacceptable and they need to improve shareholder value... and what do we have now?

Thank you! Features don't sell products perception does! It seems only the CB Nation and other BBRY fan sites know how great the BB10/QNX OS has been from the PlayBook days. BB10 is wickedly awesome, but people don't care enough to try it. Apple has soooo entered into the subconscious of the average user, which makes up the majority of the world market that the logo alone places them in the minds of people as the best.

This reminds me of when GSM took off in Nigeria, a mere 13 years ago, a company called MTN had a brand slogan "The Best Connection", well soon enough it became the network of choice for the upwardly mobile, they actually had the crappiest connection quality wise, but who cared, got to have me an MTN line so I can be perceived as rolling with the best. Sure enough even the aspirational joined in, so you had low income earners telling you, "yeah I roll with the best".

It would take nothing short of a miracle for BB to even get to number two, heck holding on to number three is tough enough. Till date all PR efforts are zilch, advertising is weak, it seems BBRY is more tech oriented than business oriented.

People trying to compare BBRY to Apple as a competitor is just pointless, Apple and Android (Samsung) are just way up there with Top of Mind, and guess what Nokia is right there, and that Windows 8 Mobile OS ain't bad at all! My brother has a Lumia 920 and boy is that phone good! A bit too brickish for me, but that's some serious competition right there!
    06-11-13 12:18 PM
    Lack of patience comes to mind. Why do people expect BlackBerry to be back to their former glory in a matter of months...how rediculous is that. It will be a slow and steady process that will take potentially years. Those are the facts I'm afraid. As a long term shareholder I am very happy with what TH and his team have done in such a short time.

Folks want a quick fix....not going to happen.
    Truth is for BBRY to get back to the position of glory, Apple would have to go bankrupt and die, Samsung would have to drop Android for BB10 or you would have to get that mind zapping thing from Men in Black and erase minds like 50% or more of the worlds population of BlackBerry is crap or "CrapBerry" as its painfully called! Bearing in mind also that the reason Apple hasn't sold a lot more is that the rest of the world is made up people who want one but can't afford them (cue the low budget iPhone).

I luuurrrv my Q10 and PlayBook still, but Lalaland is a place I don't go often, heck I've had nightmares of BBRY folding up! But right now BBRY should worry about Nokia's Lumia, Nokia right now for BBRY is a very annoying Dingleberry not to be ignored!
    06-11-13 12:47 PM
    If I say anything remotely critical of how BBRY and its management is doing the worst job possible in terms of PR and IR and improving the perception of Blackberry, a lot of die-hard fans totally devoid of reason and logic.. go on a vicious attack on me.

Perceptions do matter,
    Maybe it is in how your posts are being perceived. You say "remotely critical" but then level accusations that are quite far from it...
    06-11-13 12:52 PM
    There's no magic wand that BB management can wave that will suddenly "improve perception", and frankly there aren't any shortcuts here. RIM exhibited some breathtakingly bad mismanagement, and while I believe the culture has done a complete 180, I can understand why the short-sellers are still being listened to.

Let's bear in mind that this is a company that many people didn't expect to even survive long enough to introduce a BB10 phone. Instead, they've actually introduced two credible handsets on a great new platform, and by what limited knowledge we have at this point they're selling well enough to keep the company profitable as they continue to rebuild.

The other thing to remember is that while BB10 is a solid, promising platform with a lot of good ideas, and that it's a great choice for many users (including me), it's still new and is missing certain key elements that will prevent it from being a compelling choice for iOS, Android, and even some old-school BBOS users for a while yet. This needs to be acknowledged.

The way forward, as I see it, is that as the user-base for BB10 grows more developers will come on board and continue to fill out the app catalog. A bigger app portfolio (and some key enhancements to the OS) will improve the appeal of the platform and with it the overall viability of the company. This will not be an overnight thing, but we'll eventually hit a quarterly report where the collective light-bulb finally goes on and a critical mass of investors finally grasps that the company has a future. That will be the day that you see the stock start to climb back to that $40-$60 level.

I do not anticipate this quarterly report to be the one that does it, however.
    peter9477 and Korepab like this.
    06-11-13 12:52 PM
    Hmmm.
    This is bizarre logic to me. I didn't realize some posters actually bash BB here because they want them to do something to make the stock perform better.

I'm glad BB doesn't focus on the stock short term but are aimed at driving shareholder value in the future. To focus on short-term stock price is irrational and a sure way to make your company fail.

Now there is some unbelievable logic in the OP's post.

"Perceptions do matter, they even shape reality". I agree.
    And the OP is one who has been very critical of BB. If you believe that then it would be devoid of logic to be on here bashing BB? Doesn't that just feed into BBs negative perception that you are so worried about?

Perception doesn't change overnight. Give it a year or two. Its mainly a bigger issue in NA. BB is going to be here for a while.
    06-11-13 12:59 PM
    The advertising in the USA sucks.

They should advertise on cnbc all day. No segment will be negative again due to complementary copy

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:09 PM
    For the stock to rise it will likely be a loooong and bumpy ride.

It would be a poor decision to do anything in an attempt just to get the stock higher.

Building a strong and profitable company for the long term and investors won't be able to ignore that.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-11-13 01:20 PM
    For the stock to rise they need positive news. Like none of the phones randomly reboot any longer, fixed. Things like that.
    06-11-13 01:31 PM
    If the Playbook has taught us anything, it is that marketing and execution must go hand in hand. The tech press were so ready for a Blackberry tablet, and the hype was through the roof. But RIM did not execute, and the device was incomplete at launch. By the time new features could be added to make it a truly compelling product, noone was listening. I absolutely love my Playbook, and it is still better than many Android tablets today, but aside from the Blackberry fauthful nobody knows or cares about it.

Fast forward to the present, and Blackberry is almost a completely new company. With BB10 they have executed in ways no one in the tech press believed they could. The problem now is that there has been almost zero awareness outside of the core BB community. I don't even work a tech job and I'm still explaining to people on an almost daily basis that A) Blackberry did not go out of business, B) Blackberry did not leave the US consumer market, and/or C) yes, Blackberries can play music and videos just like an iPhone or Android device, despite what the guy at the Verizon store told you. I only see ads for BB online, or the occasional 15 second carrier plug on cable news. I can't walk into my local walmart and find a case or other accessory for my Z10, much less a Blackberry-branded accessory. There is simply too little going on with marketing to get the word out about these wonderful new devices.
    06-11-13 01:51 PM
    For the stock to rise they need positive news. Like none of the phones randomly reboot any longer, fixed. Things like that.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but literally EVERY new phone has at least some small percentage of handsets that randomly reboot. There has been no authoritative report on how widespread the issue actually is with BB10.

I'm not trying to minimize; I'm sure it's a very frustrating issue for those users who experience it, and I hope that for those users the issue is resolved quickly. I haven't seen much of any mention of the issue outside of BB user forums (for instance, I would have expected BGR to be blaring it from the rooftops 24/7 if it was a widespread problem).

So, if they announced that they'd "fixed random reboots", I get the sense that a lot of people would hear that and ask, "did they have a problem with that? What other problems are there with BB10?"
    jrwb6e and hpjrt like this.
    06-11-13 03:42 PM
    I totally agree with you. Dump the PR and the IR team, get some really smart, creative and vicious people on board. I think the current team just eats donuts, drink coffee and do the regular work... like automaton, not creative and outside the box thinking..average, nice people doing work that is useless.
    06-12-13 10:05 AM
    oh please stop with that Short term BS, we shareholders have been patient for years now. I cant stand people like you who harp on short term for years. This management team and the board doesnt give a darn about shareholders except one outside shareholder... I hope someone goes hostile and take them over
    Last edited by savingblackberry; 06-12-13 at 11:33 AM.
    06-12-13 10:08 AM

Go read allof Chris Umi's Editorials. All your questions will be answered
    06-12-13 10:12 AM
    Look man, the market is saying this management team is horrible and they have no faith in them. Is that the truth? I dont think so, but who cares about the truth..perception matters more.

This stock has been trading below book for a very very long time. The board is totally useless and management team clueless about how markets work.
    06-12-13 10:13 AM
    No, you dont get it, i am not asking questions, I am stating facts. Its right there in the numbers. i can understand if prices are skewed for a short time but this is gettingt ridiculous. Heins has been around for a long time and under his leaderhip as CEO, we have lost value. I hope someone aggressive comes in and plays a hostile takeover. The current management and board is incapable of increasing shareeholder value.
    06-12-13 11:32 AM
    Heins has been around for a long time and under his leaderhip as CEO, we have lost value. I hope someone aggressive comes in and plays a hostile takeover.
    You don't think Heins has been agressive?? I bet the 5000 people he cut would beg to differ.

If I were him reading your posts, I would be asking you, "What SPECIFICALLY do you think we should be doing different and how EXACTLY do we do it?"

It's easy to armchair manage a company but to actually do it...btw, they just got rid of their last PR firm and I'm not sure if a new one has even started yet so I don't think we've even seen what the new angles of promotion are going to be. Here's your chance to put your specific ideas out there for the new PR firm to see and assess. I'll bet they read these forums closely.
    06-12-13 12:33 PM
    No, you dont get it, i am not asking questions, I am stating facts. Its right there in the numbers. i can understand if prices are skewed for a short time but this is gettingt ridiculous. Heins has been around for a long time and under his leaderhip as CEO, we have lost value. I hope someone aggressive comes in and plays a hostile takeover. The current management and board is incapable of increasing shareeholder value.
    Brainploads... you are joking, right?

Don't confuse value and price.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:34 PM
39 12