Actually my tricky only works for Google/Samsung/Apple.

Here is how it going to work:

Google just need embeds BBRY's security technology into Andriod, and charge $5 per month for those using blackberry's security network and other premium service. Basically copy bbry's current subscriber service model, think about it, BBRY even reached 1Billion quarterly revenue with its subscriber service, I do not think it would be hard for google to get to that number.

So basically google does not need do anything else, just collect 1B subscriber service revenue, in one year, it would be 4B+, with a margin of 50%, it could make a profit of 2 Billions per year, 500M per quarter. What a great opportunity for Google?

Actually the same tricky could work for Samsung and Apple too, but not for other players like SAP/Intel/Cisco/LG, because they do not have the scale.

Still, it works best for google. Google is just earning about $3B per quarter and has a market cap of 300B, if this business mode could just make profit of 300M per quarter, that could still worth about $20-30B? LOL.

Here is some read: http://www.phonedog.com/2013/10/05/h...y-on-for-size/
    Last edited by fin2007; 10-06-13 at 05:30 PM.
    10-05-13 09:53 AM

Google just need embeds BBRY's security technology into Andriod, and charge $5 per month for those using blackberry's security network and other premium service. Basically copy bbry's current subscriber service model, think about it, BBRY even reached 1Billion quarterly revenue with its subscriber service, I do not think it would be hard for google to get to that number.

So basically google does not need do anything else, just collect 1B subscriber service revenue, in one year, it would be 4B+, with a margin of 50%, it could make a profit of 2 Billions per year, 500M per quarter. What a great opportunity for Google?

Actually the same tricky could work for Samsung and Apple too, but not for other players like SAP/Intel/Cisco/LG, because they do not have the scale.

Still, it works best for google. Google is just earning about $3B per quarter and has a market cap of 300B, if this business mode could just make profit of 300M per quarter, that could still worth about $20-30B? LOL.
    I think if Apple bought BlackBerry it would be considered by some as the breaking of the seventh seal....
    amazinglygraceless and VJMotz like this.
    10-05-13 10:03 AM
    What...12 to 15, ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:03 AM
    State of denial

Posted via CB10
    Etios and aniym like this.
    10-05-13 10:05 AM
    What...12 to 15, ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    I mean yes, if things really work as my calculation, BBRY would worth at 20B(2B profit per year), that would transfer to $36 per share.

But you have to count on the uncertainty.
    10-05-13 10:07 AM
    Anyway, the plan works for Google best. It would not work for a PE LBO, or even other big names like MSFT/Cisco/SAP/IBM/LG. They just do not have the scale.

A PE LBO would not solve any problem BBRY currently facing.
    10-05-13 10:10 AM
    I was just playing....agree 100%. Whether they see it that way is the billion dollar question.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:18 AM
    I was just playing....agree 100%. Whether they see it that way is the billion dollar question.

Posted via CB10
    Some BB fans hate google so much, they think bbry should be sold to those like intel/csco/IBM/SAP

I do not see how those companies would fit BBRY at all, they had zero experience in smartphone business, and they will have zero plan in consumer smartphone business, sell BBRY to them only will speed up bb phones' death.

Actually if bbry is sold to Google, the hardware business may be kept for some sectors.
    10-05-13 10:37 AM
    Yes...Sammy has Knox, GOOG could have BB

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:19 AM
    Why pay 12-15? The stock is under 8.
    10-05-13 11:27 AM
    Why pay 12-15? The stock is under 8.
    You have no idea about trading.

Google paid 63% premium for Motorola, based on your stupid theory, if Mot was trade at 24, why the hell google paid $40 per share to buy Motorola?????

And what does Google get from Mot??? only 12.5B for the patents, their phone business still lose money.

If Google buys BBRY, it actually can be very profitable from the subscriber mode, you have no clue what you were talking about, a true BBRY short and hater.
    10-05-13 11:40 AM

I do not think Google has any reason to buy it. Samsung might go through anti-trust regulation.
    10-05-13 11:55 AM

Google paid 63% premium for Motorola, based on your stupid theory, if Mot was trade at 24, why the hell google paid $40 per share to buy Motorola?????

And what does Google get from Mot??? only 12.5B for the patents, their phone business still lose money.

If Google buys BBRY, it actually can be very profitable from the subscriber mode, you have no clue what you were talking about, a true BBRY short and hater.
    Hardware business for Blackberry is losing money. Their service revenues are dropping. Not a good sign
    10-05-13 11:56 AM
    I mean yes, if things really work as my calculation, BBRY would worth at 20B(2B profit per year), that would transfer to $36 per share.

But you have to count on the uncertainty.
    lol what did I just read.
    sunsetblow likes this.
    10-05-13 11:59 AM
    lol what did I just read.
    what? ridiculous? I am not a BB fan at all.

I am just talking about business here. You think it would be hard for google to collect 1B subscriber fee per quarter, BBRY made 1B subscribe fee even with 10M units sold per quarter. Right now Andriod phone sold per quarter is close to 200M unit per quarter. 1B+ units per year.

Google just need keep company BBRY subscribers, which already pay a ~$700M per quarter, and is it that hard to just milk $300M subscribe fee from other enterprise Andriod users?
    10-05-13 12:07 PM
    say no with Shamesung please.
    Dirty play can help them stay at top 3, top 5 in someone who-never-use-an-iPhone-or-Blackberry10-device-or-nokia-flagship, or who-believe-in-the-rumor-was-told-by-Shamesung's-seeder, but with me it always stays at bottom.
    10-05-13 01:20 PM
    say no with Shamesung please.
    Dirty play can help them stay at top 3, top 5 in someone who-never-use-an-iPhone-or-Blackberry10-device-or-nokia-flagship, or who-believe-in-the-rumor-was-told-by-Shamesung's-seeder, but with me it always stays at bottom.

BBRY does not have the power to say "NO" to anyone. It is begging others to buy itself.
    10-05-13 01:24 PM
    Not at all good deal for Google,they are full right now as they are already consolidating the Motorola thing and want their Hardware and android integration to make their own destiny ,but who knows ???
    10-05-13 01:34 PM
    bizarre games to play
    10-05-13 01:36 PM
    sammy can really use BB10 but not Google
    10-05-13 01:48 PM

Actually since the current accepted offer is 9 dollars it looks like you're the one who's clueless.
    And rude.
    And that escalated quickly.
    10-05-13 01:56 PM
    Actually since the current accepted offer is 9 dollars it looks like you're the one who's clueless.
    And rude.
    And that escalated quickly.

oh, really?

guess you never trade before, stock is at 7.7, so nobody would acquire it at 12(less than 50% premium)?
    10-05-13 03:28 PM
    Why so snarky? This isn't personal.

Google shafted themselves with Motorola. They know it as well as everyone else. They got hammered on patents.

Secondly, Moto wasn't blowing through money like BlackBerry. There is no proof that even FF will make financing at $9.

So, tell me again why you think you're so smart?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using CB Forums mobile app
    bobauckland and aniym like this.
    10-05-13 04:10 PM
    oh, really?

guess you never trade before, stock is at 7.7, so nobody would acquire it at 12(less than 50% premium)?
    The current offer is 9.
    Dude, engage brain before typing.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:19 PM
    Why would the buy it for $12 to $15 when they can get it for $3 and a potato?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Michael Stewart; 10-05-13 at 06:40 PM.
    RH1Pearl and Etios like this.
    10-05-13 04:32 PM
54 123