Although I am a business owner, I do not profess to be a stock advisor of sorts. However, I do dabble in the stocks, and have been fairly successful at it. I usually like to buy only after following a company for sometime, examining the market around it, and then buy when I feel a sick feeling in my gut so to speak.....ie when everyone is dumping it.....when BlackBerry dropped to 6 bucks, and it was all but over for them in the media, that was the time, but my money was being used elsewhere for the most part. But here we are over 12 bucks a short time later. Do I buy now? Will Sept 24th drive the stock? My answer is no! Although in the long run "Yes" and for good reason. BlackBerry is under valued in the market. It has great revenue streams, but was saddled with over spending, and an extremely harsh cell phone bashing crowd. However, BES12, and the BYOD attitude will grow revenues in time. Hardware sales will limp along, and they will continue to be a part of BlackBerry, but not it's revenue stream. Now Q2 will not impress the streets, and the Passport release with 10.3 will be unknown to most except enterprise and the BlackBerry faithful. Therefore in the short term, BlackBerry stock will contract between Sept 24 and December 31st. It will expand nicely in the New Year and from there BlackBerry will begin to grow. Watch!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:41 PM
    Well, that's an opinion ... but i believe there are some missing parts like the investments made, the end of CORE program, the Z3 launch, the projectIon (IoT) and the overall feeling that "they might finally make it" V.S the now almost unread "RIM is dead".

Still, BBRY and BB are two very speculative bets for short term action but in the time frame you give - sorry - it's about a 8ball game, at least for amateurs (like me). I, presonnaly - and this is not an advice to invest - see the stock in the 12$s or more by the end of the year.
    We'll compare our estimates by dec 31 !

Disclaimer : I'm long holding BBRY. Please do extra research before investing. Nothing above is an advice.
    09-15-14 01:03 PM
    IMHO the current price has factored in the BB is out of life support and well on its way to profits by emphasizing enterprise. The next ER reports will have to show substantial growth beyond what is expected for it to move much like a highly successful BES12 launch. Handsets won't have much to do with stock prices as its become a minor part of overall revenue and growing smaller.

In short one about 6 months late to get a huge jump on an investment.
    09-15-14 01:13 PM
    BBRY has been a slow moving stock on many ocasions both up and down have sometimes lasted for days weeks or months even after ER was released. I adviced on buying around 7/16 http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...verses-946298/

But if I didn't already hold a position I'd wait till after ER and follow the trend if it was seknificant a minimum of above 10% or so. It simply holds too much risk to go in just ahed of earnings. If you followed the stock you'll know it's being puped sometimes with good reason other times the opposite. but the short time Risk/reward is simply not worth it.
    09-15-14 01:21 PM
    BBRY has been a slow moving stock on many ocasions both up and down have sometimes lasted for days weeks or months even after ER was released. I adviced on buying around 7/16 http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...verses-946298/

But if I didn't already hold a position I'd wait till after ER and follow the trend if it was seknificant a minimum of above 10% or so. It simply holds too much risk to go in just ahed of earnings. If you followed the stock you'll know it's being puped sometimes with good reason other times the opposite. but the short time Risk/reward is simply not worth it.
    7/16......thats a ways out. There will be plenty of roller coasters to play before then.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 01:39 PM
    7/16......thats a ways out. There will be plenty of roller coasters to play before then.

Posted via CB10
    it was back in June the 16th formats of date is always a hassle and varies from country to country.
    09-15-14 03:17 PM
    Buy the shares, hold for 5+ years. Watch!

My crystal ball works too! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-15-14 03:35 PM
    Haha sign here

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:54 PM
    When you have some spare cash that you don't mind taking a risk with.... that's the best time to buy BlackBerry Stocks.

If you want to invest in BlackBerry without there being a "risk", you need to wait and see what the next six months brings. You might not get in on the ground floor, but you could still make money.
    09-16-14 10:21 AM
    Well, that's an opinion ... but i believe there are some missing parts like the investments made, the end of CORE program, the Z3 launch, the projectIon (IoT) and the overall feeling that "they might finally make it" V.S the now almost unread "RIM is dead".

Still, BBRY and BB are two very speculative bets for short term action but in the time frame you give - sorry - it's about a 8ball game, at least for amateurs (like me). I, presonnaly - and this is not an advice to invest - see the stock in the 12$s or more by the end of the year.
    We'll compare our estimates by dec 31 !

Disclaimer : I'm long holding BBRY. Please do extra research before investing. Nothing above is an advice.
    Anytime you buy a stock for a quick buck, it is a speculative buy. Long term, all the indices are point positive for BlackBerry. Not surprising as their business plan is becoming increasingly clear.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:38 PM
    the safe play is to wait until after the ER. but, i think i'm going to double down tomorrow.
    gilmanhlee likes this.
    09-22-14 08:17 PM