Would the sell it? or what?
    08-27-13 11:55 AM
    Would the sell it? or what?
    I'm holding.
    08-27-13 12:03 PM
    Something just leaves a bad taste in my mouth if this happens
    08-27-13 12:07 PM
    Relax.

This is great if it happens. It will allow the BBM team to operate independently from Blackberry and make business decisions that make sense to them. Example, they can bring BBM to Windows or partner up with Samsung. This will really grow their value and allow them to make more money.

To those who think that BlackBerry is just selling BBM: this is not the case. BBM Inc. Will be fully owned by Blackberry and all the profit will be BlackBerry's. It's just that BB management will have less control over BBM. Kinda how Instagram currently operates within Facebook or how Skype operates within Microsoft. This is a big positive.

Into Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    08-27-13 12:39 PM
    If you are correct , I am all for it. Just worried they might sell
    08-27-13 12:45 PM
    More importantly, the valuation of BBM Inc. will be much easier to determine. Conservatively speaking, BBM Inc. should be worth about 300 million (60mil x $5/user). If they can hit 100 million users, BBRY's market cap just increased by a cool 500 million. And at current prices, that translates into a share price of $11-12.
    Relax.

This is great if it happens. It will allow the BBM team to operate independently from Blackberry and make business decisions that make sense to them. Example, they can bring BBM to Windows or partner up with Samsung. This will really grow their value and allow them to make more money.

To those who think that BlackBerry is just selling BBM: this is not the case. BBM Inc. Will be fully owned by Blackberry and all the profit will be BlackBerry's. It's just that BB management will have less control over BBM. Kinda how Instagram currently operates within Facebook or how Skype operates within Microsoft. This is a big positive.

Into Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    08-27-13 07:04 PM