We just got a huge software and bbm update, news about the upcoming jakarta, we get more and more apps and still the stocks continues to decline a lot.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-14-14 03:40 PM
    Well the last two days the drop is probably due to the latest Gartner smartphone report that show BB is continuing to lose market share, perhaps some doubt that Chen can turn things around as easily as was hoped when he first came on and media reports on him pumped the stock up.
    02-14-14 03:47 PM
    It's just hovering under $10USD. Wall Street doesn't think it's worth much more than that. They need to see some big wins in the sales department. As for BBM they want to see it gain on competitors faster and start making money. That will drive the stock up again. Have patience. I think these things will come soon. If they can have a good quarter and prove they have cut losses and started gaining some revenue again then maybe that will help too. Wall Street needs to see big wins not little ones. But the little ones are just steps towards the big ones.
    02-14-14 03:49 PM
    Chen has been quiet, stock drops.
    Chen releases press reports, stock increases.

This seems to be the trend, and BB/Chen knows this.

IMO, BB will be dropping some bombs/goodies soon.
    02-14-14 03:53 PM
    1st quarter will show a staggering loss. Looking at a 6 dollar by end of June. No sales to prevent it. However, the foundations are being laid to potentially show a slow to the bleeding second half of 2014. Chen even stated, BlackBerry will not return to profitability till 2016 and he is correct. The bad media has slowed quite a bit, but when the losses are announced, it is BlackBerry bashing all over again.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-14-14 05:08 PM
    big general correction in the markets now. Stability is doing ok for now

what the future holds hard to predict , If Chan meets stated goals then stock should gradually improve. Its a 2 year plan. If all goes well $20, but absolutely not certain. Could go down again.
    02-14-14 05:30 PM
    in addition to some of the above, it's a natural correction due to people taking profits on a stock that's been down... when it hit 10 it prob triggered a lot of 'sells'...

for a stock that was around 8 two months ago, some people are willing to take their extra 20% and run cuz their not confident it'll go higher...

could also be slightly related to head of bbm leaving, on the 10th (stock started falling on the 11th/12th).. instability in that area could be seen as negative since that's one of chen's stated focus points going forward...
    02-14-14 06:55 PM
    maybe because recent report BB marketshare hit 0.6% worldwide
    02-14-14 07:32 PM
    We just got a huge software and bbm update, news about the upcoming jakarta, we get more and more apps and still the stocks continues to decline a lot.

Posted via CB10
    The release of 10.2.1 is great news for Blackberry owners, however you can't expect that update to entice many potential smartphone owners (due to the fact that the z10/q10/z30 are all commercial duds, not to mention those devices are competing with the iphone/galaxy/note/lumia series). I'm not sure what you mean about more and more apps. Downloading apps from is step down (from an experience/quality pov) to those that are use to using apps on android devices. 10.2.1 has some great features. The release of a kick a device (from a hardware standpoint) will definitely get people to start talking about the company in a positive light.
    02-14-14 07:52 PM
    It will be up on monday morning.
    02-14-14 08:49 PM
    The release of 10.2.1 is great news for Blackberry owners, however you can't expect that update to entice many potential smartphone owners (due to the fact that the z10/q10/z30 are all commercial duds, not to mention those devices are competing with the iphone/galaxy/note/lumia series). I'm not sure what you mean about more and more apps. Downloading apps from is step down (from an experience/quality pov) to those that are use to using apps on android devices. 10.2.1 has some great features. The release of a kick a device (from a hardware standpoint) will definitely get people to start talking about the company in a positive light.
    We already have a kick a** device (s) it lack of marketing and poor PR reasons for poor sales! Hopefully the next Generation of devices puts the A** media along with the so called tech sites to rest! Have you ever wondered why on Tech sites the user ratings are very high compared to their own evaluation? This includes comparative device offerings from other platforms!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-14-14 09:07 PM
    The stock has a fair valuation. I wouldn't expect it to go much above $10 until there is concrete evidence things are improving, ie good quarterly results

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:19 PM
    Have you ever wondered why on Tech sites the user ratings are very high compared to their own evaluation? This includes comparative device offerings from other platforms!

Posted via CB10
    Nope, especially considering cb users post surveys etc etc on here for other members to spam/vote up.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-14-14 09:19 PM
    The stock has a fair valuation. I wouldn't expect it to go much above $10 until there is concrete evidence things are improving, ie good quarterly results

Posted via CB10
    This. The stock went up over nothing and it's going back down over nothing. Chen being the new CEO is not a fundamental shift. Stocks can only maintain a long term rally with hard evidence.
    02-14-14 09:33 PM
    Nope, especially considering cb users post surveys etc etc on here for other members to spam/vote up.

Not every site!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:37 PM
    After hour trading takes it back to 9.40 USD, additionally global indices have been volatile the last couple weeks across the board.

But the most knowledgeable people of Wall Street(who caused the colossal global fiasco in 2008) refer to it as the "dead cat bounce". They continue to peddle their cool aid. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:40 PM
    Chen has talked up a good game and the stock has responded based on this. N they have to start executing and actually get the stuff out. BBM growth has stalled out according to a recent CrackBerry article. Maybe the new Android and iOS features will help kick start it again. Jakarta isn't here, and not much is known but when available if sakes are good then maybe we will see stock respond. The stock is doing way better than when Chen took over, be patient and wait for it to increase because of merit and not talk.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:48 AM
    This is a good price for a company that lost as much as it did last quarter. These updates and new services are nice, but they need to show a path toward revenue before they will move the stock price much higher.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    02-16-14 10:21 AM
    I really wonder about BBM... had expected the new release to bring BBM back up in the ratings in Google Play and in the App Store. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:40 AM
    BBM will grow with enterprise. Will be the only messaging service seen as secure. But they need more than that. They need consumers to monetize it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:49 AM
    I really wonder about BBM... had expected the new release to bring BBM back up in the ratings in Google Play and in the App Store. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Posted via CB10
    What's the refresh rate for these two stores for 'top xx' categories?

Is it daily?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:08 PM
    Here is current Google Play from Vancouver Canada.

What is with the stock lately?-img_20140216_171437.png

Not phenomenal, but not shabby either.

I haven't seen local media covering it's release yet. The last story was about the head of bbm leaving haha.

Maybe see a bump this week when folks are talking about it again. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:16 PM
    BBM will grow with enterprise. Will be the only messaging service seen as secure. But they need more than that. They need consumers to monetize it.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. It needs to be as good as anything out there and secure. But for casual texts many folks won't care. At least not for now. But once folks realize that everything they send is stored for future monetization they might start to care. That might take several years.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I highly doubt that I'll use bbm again. My experience was turrrible *charles Barkley* voice

02-16-14 11:30 PM
    Your experience with the initial release or with 2.0?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:50 PM
27 12