With multiple bids emerging shareholder will ultimately have a choice now. The emerging issue is what choice do they have? Will shareholders be force to sell all their shares to the winner of the vote for the agreed upon price? Can these offers being tabled include an option to retain shares in the acquiring company thus reducing their upfront cash requirements. While the press, wall street and the forum have focused of the short game adnosium the long has been ignored. What long options exist or are emerging for shareholders to vote for?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:13 AM
    With multiple bids emerging shareholder will ultimately have a choice now. The emerging issue is what choice do they have? Will shareholders be force to sell all their shares to the winner of the vote for the agreed upon price? Can these offers being tabled include an option to retain shares in the acquiring company thus reducing their upfront cash requirements. While the press, wall street and the forum have focused of the short game adnosium the long has been ignored. What long options exist or are emerging for shareholders to vote for?

Posted via CB10
    where do you see multiple bids coming? Hopefully you are not counting on the PW and Mike L sh*t.

Based on the stock price and option trading right now, it seems even a $9 offer is at most having a 50% chance.

It is very simple, if at Nov.4 morning, the stock is still traded around 8 and PW offers $9, then the deal is done.
    Last edited by fin2007; 10-16-13 at 10:33 AM.
    10-16-13 09:34 AM
    Wrong again, fin2007!

A shareholder vote must be held, and Prem must have 90% of the shares tendered to him. Please stop misleading shareholders of BlackBerry.

where do you see multiple bids coming? Hopefully you are not counting on the PW and Mike L sh*t.

Based on the stock price and option trading right now, it seems even a $9 offer is at most having a 50% chance.

It is very simple, if at Nov.4 morning, the stock is still traded around 8 and PW offers $9, then the deal is done.
    Just Me and cjcampbell like this.
    10-16-13 03:53 PM
    Wrong again, fin2007!

A shareholder vote must be held, and Prem must have 90% of the shares tendered to him. Please stop misleading shareholders of BlackBerry.
    So what would happen in a split vote if two parties are interested. 90% seems like a lot , wouldn't that result in a stale mate?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 04:39 PM
    Wrong again, fin2007!

You are misleading people here.

I said if on Nov.4 BBRY is traded around $8, then you better pray PW could honor his offer.

You have no idea how voting works.
    10-16-13 09:50 PM
    You are misleading people here.

I said if on Nov.4 BBRY is traded around $8, then you better pray PW could honor his offer.

You have no idea how voting works.
    I do not understand how voting work here. If you care to elaborate I'm all ears.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:18 PM
    There will only be one real offer at a time and shareholders will vote yes or no. If there are two potential buyers the board will work with them until one is picked as the higher bid. If the loser doesn't like it because he thinks he was providing the higher bid, he can try to convince shareholders to vote no. But only one buyer will go before shareholders at a time.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-16-13 10:50 PM
    And the smaller shareholders vote won't count. I don't know where that 90% figure bandied about comes from. That can't be right.
    10-17-13 04:05 AM
    BlackBerry could have provisions within their governance documents that call for a 90% majority to effect a sale of the company, but more likely a majority or super majority (2/3) is all that is required.
    10-17-13 04:38 AM
    Well it's really simple : say yes to $9 or probably $ 8.50 or less and get the money or say no and you will get $0.3 in a year...

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 04:43 AM
    BlackBerry could have provisions within their governance documents that call for a 90% majority to effect a sale of the company, but more likely a majority or super majority (2/3) is all that is required.
    It would be nice to know which one we're playing with here. I'm sure all shareholders will be advised of the hurdle before voting. 90% seems extraordinarily high. I'm not sure i've seen 90% agreement from any group of shareholders. Let's hope it's not 90% or this puppy's a goner. They'll have to break it up and sell bit by bit.
    10-17-13 07:49 PM
    He's doing an Amalgamation. He needs 67% of the shareholder votes from the shares that he doesn't control. Remember....if your shares have been loaned out and shorted you don't get to vote, the new owner does. If Prem wanted more voting power, he'd just short your shares, then buy them. He gets the vote, it's price neutral - no risk, dirt cheap.
    10-18-13 07:34 AM
    He's doing an Amalgamation. He needs 67% of the shareholder votes from the shares that he doesn't control. Remember....if your shares have been loaned out and shorted you don't get to vote, the new owner does. If Prem wanted more voting power, he'd just short your shares, then buy them. He gets the vote, it's price neutral - no risk, dirt cheap.
    ?????? I don't get your theory. Prem can't force you to short your shares and if he wanted to buy more shares he would, he'd still get the vote no matter whose shares he bought. AFAIK there is absolutely no way to request to buy or to ID specific shares that are shorted in any particular transaction. Please let us know what you mean, I am not getting it.
    10-18-13 07:39 AM
    Where do you read he is doing an amalgamation? Isn't he doing is doing a "going-private" transaction since he is a significant shareholder?

10-18-13 09:14 AM