Microsoft has no interest in Blackberry at these prices. It did not want to buy Blackberry at $9.

Also, Blackberry's/BES' trend in enterprise is not upward. MDM providers like Good are rising fast and, with proper financial backing and the thumbs up from a big player like Microsoft or Apple, could easily dominate MDM. These MDM solutions work great for iPhone and Android.

Blackberry's MDM competitors also happen to be a fraction of Blackberry's price. All in all, with just BES alone, Blackberry would be worth <$6 per share atm and that is still assuming that the buyer considers BES a lot better than the competition.
    There you said it. Proper financial backing. Something Good - even MobileIron doesn't have. That's a serious headache for the CIO of any security-conscious company, wouldn't you think? Now, BlackBerry is a lot more than MDM: EMM, QNX, IoT, (e)BBM, hardware,... But for the sake of arguing, let's compare these numbers:

MobileIron: yearly revenue figure (2013) of $105.6 million, currently trading at a market cap of $737.5 million
    = a multiple of 6.98

BlackBerry: latest revenue figure (Q1 2014) of $260.8 million (services accounted for 54% of $966.0 million, contributing approx. 50% to BES figures), making it a yearly revenue figure of approx. $1,043.3 million just for BES.
    = meaning BlackBerry would be worth $7,282.1 million or $11.65 per share already taking into account the $1,250.0 million in bonds that - if all goes well - will be converted into shares at some point and dilute the current float.

Of course, you can argue that BES represents a much lower percentage of service revenue, or that MobileIron is growing exponentially while BlackBerry is losing service revenue... but something tells me you're just guessing?! Or would you be willing to explain why BlackBerry is worth <$6 for BES alone?
    07-12-14 06:06 AM
    ^^^^^^^ this.

Good math. Makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:30 AM
    The new ceo recently signaled that they will embrace software on all platforms.

Blackberry's passport is starting to look like a game changer. Microsoft doesn't need to buy Blackberry, but if they partner well, they could smash the competition together.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/work/arch...evolution.aspx

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:42 AM
    I think that it is poor that BES mandates the use of Microsoft software.
    07-12-14 08:49 AM
    Just came across this interesting article on Google News today.
    If microsoft wanted to dominate the Enterprise space, an acquisition like this would make sense.
    Though there is SOME overlap, most of their offerings are complementary to each other and can work in the same ecosystem.

What if Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Acquired BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)?
    We all know that Microsoft gives it's security leaks to the NSA months before they start working on a patch to push out, thanks to Edwin Snowden. If BBRY was acquired by Microsoft would have a less secure business platform.
    07-13-14 08:02 AM
    i wish google buys it. it'll be a joke of the decade
    I wish Blackberry buys Google, it would be joke of the century.
    07-13-14 08:06 AM
    I'm sure MSFT looked at buying RIM, but there was a timing issue. When MSFT needed BlackBerry technology, RIM was too big and proud. When BBRY was left for dead, MSFT didn't need it any more as they had Nokia.
    BlackBerry cannot exist without Microsoft. The day Microsoft starts offering a compelling EMM solution, it's bye-bye BlackBerry as a service company. Maybe they'll be able to sell their hardware patents to MSFT.
    07-13-14 08:28 AM
    Please, God, no.
    07-13-14 09:35 AM
    if they were going to buy, this should have happened months earlier.

Microsoft should have bought BB just for the virtual keyboard alone. The MS virtual keyboard is just terrible.
    07-13-14 01:54 PM
    I think that it is poor that BES mandates the use of Microsoft software.
    Where did you hear that? Completely untrue. My shop uses it with Novell GroupWise. It also works with IBM/Lotus Notes.
    07-13-14 04:10 PM
    I still think Amazon should've bought Blackberry.

1. Amazon wants in the mobile game.
    2. Free press. Just Advertise on Amazon front page.
    3. Better reach to consumer space.
    ONLY works for US market. Amazon does not sell digital content (aside from e-books) outside the US, so having them take over would be enormously sucky for the rest of the world.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-13-14 04:14 PM
    Microsoft doesn't actually care anyways about money right now anyways. Android literally funds Microsoft... You know the amount of patents Microsoft owns and Nokia does too? Nokia actually made mobile phones a big thing and made them worldwide! You sure as hell must know they still get royalties to this date! From Android and iOS too...

Whoever says Microsoft doesn't innovate must be stupid as hell... They make money whether they win or lose in front of everyone. Microsoft win at the end of the day whether or not sadly, main reason why they have infinite funding for their Windows OS.

Source: Link, Link

Have a good read!
    07-13-14 04:31 PM
    Where did you hear that? Completely untrue. My shop uses it with Novell GroupWise. It also works with IBM/Lotus Notes.
    I looked at the system requirements of BES10. That's what it shows.
    07-13-14 04:44 PM
    Skype would finally work in a decent manner.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 05:16 PM
    Skype would finally work in a decent manner.

Posted via CB10
    Who needs Skype once this rolls out:??

Eazzy Peazzy
    07-13-14 05:31 PM
    I don't think it'll happen unless there are some drastic changes at Microsoft. Everyone might want a piece of the pie if Blackberry turns things around but I think in actuality the whole world is rooting against Blackberry turning around or else they would have bought them when they were cheap. Chen would want to see his revenue stabilize before getting a fair offer, especially the shareholders. You had people hold this stock from 100+ and you think they'll vote for a buyout at 12? No way, not even 30 if growth is perceived to continue.

If anything were to happen, it would be mobile iron or good to be bought because they would be cheaper to buy and are growing in North America quickly. The thing is, I don't think anyone wants to do any of these things because dealing with enterprises is a nightmare. It's a completely different business model that requires you to support anything and everything forever. The other thing is, those companies would want way too much money. They'll start throwing figures out like, we've grown 50% in the past year. If you assume we'll grow at this rate for the coming years.. you'll start seeing asked valuations that are like 500% + today's valuation. Normally, that's not an impossible sell so long as you actually have some decent revenue and a solid business model.. The problem with good and mobile iron is that BYOD is a new concept and nobody really knows what it will look like in the future.

I keep rambling on but I think it really boils down to the pains of adopting a whole different type of business. All of these huge tech companies have their own products they're trying to push and by taking on a huge effort like pioneering enterprise byod business, it would really have be extremely profitable for them whereas I don't think it's a profitable business to take on at this point. Blackberry has a huge hold on the market and they're still only pulling in less than 10 billion a year in revenue.
    07-13-14 05:46 PM
    I looked at the system requirements of BES10. That's what it shows.
    I'm guessing you're talking about it running on Windows Server, then? Yes, that's a requirement. But BES does not require Exchange Server for email.
    07-13-14 06:56 PM
    I'm guessing you're talking about it running on Windows Server, then? Yes, that's a requirement. But BES does not require Exchange Server for email.
    Yes, you cannot have a Microsoft-free organization if you want to run BES.
    07-13-14 06:59 PM
    i would love it under certain circumstances. Personally i find it stupid that msoft didn`t because they would own all enterprise. All of Nokia's and BlackBerry's patents will rule everything.

The certain circumstances:
    - drop the lumia hardware it`s crap and cheap looking
    - use bb10 and drop the tiles except for maybe the homepage (mash interactive frame and tiles together) but keep the app grid
    - move to cascades and basically bb10
    - try to get back all missing TAT and mash it with bb sweden for UI tweeks and bbm
    - add all the good nokia services into existing bb10
    -they can finally drop datawiz since docs2go is garbage and replace it with office
    - drop all BB10s media apps (music/picture/video/maker) but keep File Manager. These can all be replaced with nokias existing services.
    - i would like a BB Map Theme on HERE Maps since it's the only cellphone nav that actually looks like a real gps.
    - innovate the crap out of the HUB like Accompli did
    - add cortana
    - seamless sync with Windows 8 like Apple Handover (coming in iOS8) like notifications and also make a web base blend. I bet they can do it better then BB ever can since i've seen link
    - scrap Link

the bad part about my way is that i would be pissing off a lot of wp devs.(if there was a way to keep mash windows coding and cascades that would be awesome)
    not sure what they would do with the whole skype/bbm thing. i would scrap skype and make bbm video better and then make a pc version.

This is all i can think of atm
    santhoshmanikandan likes this.
    07-13-14 08:15 PM
    I can see MSFT acquiring BlackBerry and how that would benefit MSFT.... don't see any up side for fans of BB.

• BES would be folded into Exchange a upgradable higher security level ExchageSecure
    • Hardware would be killed off - maybe Nokia would make a BlackBerry "classic" looking device running Windows Mobile.
    • QNX would be folded into their embed platforms division.
    • Channels would be killed off.
    • BBM would be killed off - with a few technology give to Skype.

With Nokia, MSFT left them a separate division, because the brand had value. Don't think the "niche" for BlackBerry is large enough for that to be the case with BlackBerry.

Really don't see the Passport or the Classic doing more than selling devices to the same group of Fans that have been buying them over the last year and half. Maybe BES12 has potential, just don't know enough about how many companies haven't already moved on, or how many might be rethinking their decision to move on. IF BES12 is what a lot of companies are waiting on, then sales of the Classic and other current BB10 devices might increase to sustainable and profitably levels.
    07-14-14 11:53 AM
    Microsoft has no interest in Blackberry at these prices. It did not want to buy Blackberry at $9.

Also, Blackberry's/BES' trend in enterprise is not upward. MDM providers like Good are rising fast and, with proper financial backing and the thumbs up from a big player like Microsoft or Apple, could easily dominate MDM. These MDM solutions work great for iPhone and Android.

Blackberry's MDM competitors also happen to be a fraction of Blackberry's price. All in all, with just BES alone, Blackberry would be worth <$6 per share atm and that is still assuming that the buyer considers BES a lot better than the competition.
    MSFT could still offer well below today's prices, and with the IBM & Apple news..... who knows.

I think it might be a smart move on MSFT part... just to keep BlackBerry and maybe more importantly QNX out of others hands.
    07-16-14 08:21 AM
    I at least want to see a big partnership between the 2
    07-16-14 10:42 AM
    Win 8.1 is just not a phone os ( in my opinion) msft should buy BlackBerry!

Win8.1 pc n tablet and bb10 phones ( with shared technology)

Work hard on a bridge like app for win8.1

Use Nokia hardware.

Boom!

I can imagine a brilliant tool!

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    07-16-14 12:21 PM
    Win 8.1 is just not a phone os ( in my opinion) msft should buy BlackBerry!

Win8.1 pc n tablet and bb10 phones ( with shared technology)

Work hard on a bridge like app for win8.1

Use Nokia hardware.

Boom!

I can imagine a brilliant tool!

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    MS knows - just as Thor and Chen knew that the mobile software of today is going to be THE software of tomorrow. Which is why MS delayed and took so long to get Windows 8 to work on all platforms. Is Windows 8 Mobile great.... no it has a number of problems. But I don't see how BB10 would improve anything for them....

And Microsoft and BlackBerry are not going to "partner" on anything. BlackBerry is too weak to be most anyone's "partner" at this point. At best they would become an independent division of Microsoft, but more likely they would just get absorbed.
    07-16-14 01:52 PM
    Only concern is at what price, I don't care what MS gonna do with BBRY. They can trash it for all I care, just pay over $15 a share and it is a deal.
    07-16-14 04:41 PM
58 123