If TH the genius would have launched a 200 $ Z5 and not priced Z10 equal to I5, BBRY would have been gaining market share and would be valued at par with Nokia...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 08:01 AM
    If TH the genius would have launched a 200 $ Z5 and not priced Z10 equal to I5, BBRY would have been gaining market share and would be valued at par with Nokia...
    While pricing was a component to the failure of the Z10.... marketing, app development , very buggy release OS also all play a part in bring BlackBerry to it knees, Brand impression. It's been said before that BlackBerry even with $3 or $4 Billion in the bank didn't have deep enough pockets to compete with Microsoft in the Platform wars. That is pretty apparent in that BB put most of it's money into building inventory and didn't really think about who would want or buy the device.
    Guile1x likes this.
    10-01-13 02:44 PM
    Pricing is a big factor...if you price a Ford Focus at par with BMW, how many ford's do you expect to sell ?
    I love Z10 but only reason I am comparing it to Ford is because of lack of ecosystem, tarnished brand in US and Cheaper phone brand image in emerging economies.

Posted via CB10
    Guile1x likes this.
    10-01-13 04:21 PM
    The problem is MSFT need NOK, NOK was actually preparing to launch an Andriod phone, so MSFT really had no choice.

You can say it is a must for MSFT to own NOK if MSFT really wants to continue its WP platform.

But there is no such thing for BBRY to MSFT.
    10-01-13 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree that BlackBerry vastly overestimated how many people would buy a premium priced BlackBerry. However, about $10 billion of Nokia's value comes from them being able to ditch their hardware unit. Nokia's market cap, went up $7 billion from the cash from Microsoft, and $3 billion from getting rid of their hardware division. Essentially the market valued their hardware department as a negative, and was quite impressed that Nokia sold a unit worth negative $3 billion for $7 billion in cash.
    10-01-13 11:42 PM
    The problem is MSFT need NOK, NOK was actually preparing to launch an Andriod phone, so MSFT really had no choice.

You can say it is a must for MSFT to own NOK if MSFT really wants to continue its WP platform.

But there is no such thing for BBRY to MSFT.
    where you got nokia was about to launch android thats y msft bought them? link?
    10-02-13 09:39 AM
    That info is correct...Nokia's exclusive contract with MS was ending in 2013 and they would have no choice but to diversify on Android...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:07 PM
    just good it, the news is everywhere. It is not a rumor. Nok was testing Andriod at home, and as the above said their deal with MS ends in 2013.

Now you know why MSFT has no choice except pay heft premium to NOK.
    10-02-13 06:53 PM
    just good it, the news is everywhere. It is not a rumor. Nok was testing Andriod at home, and as the above said their deal with MS ends in 2013.

Now you know why MSFT has no choice except pay heft premium to NOK.
    When you put it that way, Nokia's hardware division sounds less awesome underdog and more awkward silence when you get stared by the dad of your girlfriend who you just knocked up.

The end of the contract would spell the end of both parties

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-07-13 12:05 PM
    When you put it that way, Nokia's hardware division sounds less awesome underdog and more awkward silence when you get stared by the dad of your girlfriend who you just knocked up.

The end of the contract would spell the end of both parties

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    you are right, the problem is MS could take it, so it had to make the move.
    But you think that BBRY is gone will matter to MSFT?
    10-07-13 01:32 PM
    Sad state of affairs. And BBRY is only valued at that amount if the deal goes through
    10-07-13 05:28 PM
    you are right, the problem is MS could take it, so it had to make the move.
    But you think that BBRY is gone will matter to MSFT?
    I don't think Microsoft wants to see BlackBerry around, the less competition, the better for Microsoft. They already have to struggle for third place, I don't think WP can hold that long if it's alive because Microsoft keeps injecting money at it

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-07-13 06:45 PM