It seems that short interests are manipulating the SP of BBRY with all these misleading and false articals in what seems like an attempt to drive the SP down and damage the blackberry brand name. I am going to file a complain here Questions and Complaints .
    04-11-13 04:29 PM
    It seems that short interests are manipulating the SP of BBRY with all these misleading and false articals in what seems like an attempt to drive the SP down and damage the blackberry brand name. I am going to file a complain here Questions and Complaints .
    The best way to stop shorts is to change your account from a margin account to a cash account.

It's not manipulating.
    It's called trading.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 04:34 PM
    I believe there is a connection between FALSE and misleading articles being reported in the media to influence the SP. I think vested interests would want you not to report to what seems very obvious to many investors. Alot of investors on other message boards can see this for what it is. Hopefully the SEC isn't as useless as many believe.
    04-11-13 04:46 PM
    The best way to stop shorts is to change your account from a margin account to a cash account.

It's not manipulating.
    It's called trading.
    That's not how it works.
    04-11-13 09:10 PM
    I just looked at what information you need:
    https://denebleo.sec.gov/TCRExternal/questionaire.xhtml

How can you make a compelling argument that will not get tossed in the garbage?

I think there is enough anecdotal evidence but a good, well thought out argument is needed. Look at free cash flow, improving margins, etc to explain why it is a valuable company. Then highlight the short interest trend. Provide a link to the Nasdaq info. Then highlight all the analysts who are still saying doom and gloom. Admit that you can't connect the dots but hope that someone who can, will try to.

They need to connect negativity to companies with large short positions. We don't have this info.

Quite frankly, this should be law ... disclosing large short positions.

If anything, a shot across the bow might get these analysts to shut up if they are in actual cahoots.
    04-11-13 09:18 PM
    Desperate. Just sent this to Jim Cramer via Facebook:
    Jim, Many investors in BBRY believe the stock is being manipulated. Cross out the company name and look at the cash flow statement and balance sheet. They company is financially sound. The new phones are a success worldwide. Their cost cutting initiatives are paying off. Yet, short interest continues to grow (go look it up at nasdaq.com). Today there was the comment by Detwiler Fenton & Co.’s Jeff Johnston. BBRY immediately responded saying it is a lie. What can I do? Can you help?

It will go no where. But what if we came up with boiler plate and posted it on every BBRY articles comments section? New article, post the boiler plate about manipulation.

Try to use the flow of information via technology to our advantage. If there is manipulation, perhaps plastering this everywhere we can will scare off the criminals.
    04-11-13 09:31 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry filed a complaint with the SEC.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:46 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry filed a complaint with the SEC.
    Not quite yet, but the press release says they will in the next few days: BlackBerry Seeks U.S., Canadian Review of False Reports on Return Rates -
    04-12-13 08:41 AM
    It's already been done:

BlackBerry to file SEC and OSC complaints against Detwiler Fenton report - TechFinance.ca
    04-12-13 03:32 PM
    I already did that and got a response from them.
    Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for providing your comments to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
    The SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy (OIEA) processes many comments from individual investors and others. We keep records of the correspondence we receive in a searchable database that SEC staff may make use of in inspections, examinations, and investigations. In addition, some correspondence received by OIEA is referred directly to other SEC offices and divisions for their review. If they have any questions or wish to respond directly to your comments, they will contact you.

Thank you for communicating your views.

Sincerely,
    Nina Smallwood-Johnson
    Attorney
    Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
    (800) 732-0330
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Homepage
    04-12-13 04:05 PM
    Nice Icjr. It's good to see more and more investors are reporting this to the SEC.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:35 PM
    Amen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 04:32 AM