Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By SUBLIMINALLYINCORRECT
  • 5 Post By fmb8
  • 1 Post By scalemaster34
  • 2 Post By cgk
  • 1 Post By cgk
  • 2 Post By scalemaster34
  • 1 Post By Troy Tiscareno
  • 2 Post By scalemaster34
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Stocks

Has anyone checked out BlackBerry stocks lately? Down right scarry.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

just means its time to buy!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24F19D14 Channel : C000213A1

Well, i'm not expecting it to go up before some good Q results

Global Posts
    6,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by SUBLIMINALLYINCORRECT View Post
    just means its time to buy!
    I hope you're right!!
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Abuser

It is just the market

? Slicing using my ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Buy low sell high. It's that simple. Buy on bad news, sell on good news. If you're planning on waiting for the first announcement of a money making quarter, you'll be waiting awhile & by that time it will be too late. If you believe this company will succeed, now is the time to buy. As always, purchasing stocks of any kind should be part of your overall investment portfolio & NOT a shot a getting rich quick! BlackBerry stock should currently fit in with the high risk (high rewards) part of your portfolio if you even have a high risk segment. I personally see opportunity when the stock sinks but not everyone has the cahones for that.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great post on the high risk and it's potential

? Slicing using my ?
    CrackBerry Addict

When it gets to 6 bucks time to buy again.....6 months double money again!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Buy buy buy! The stock is going to climb again by the third quarter of the year!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

If you are a long term investor.... yes BlackBerry is VERY Scary.

If you are a day trader with no emotional involvement, it is a dream come true.
    kbz1960 likes this.
  11. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts

actually if you do some charts, there is a lot to like - Notice the upclimb of the assault rifle and the size of the stove pipe hat, bear growl looks a bit of a worry - but I would recommend you put your life savings in as soon as possible.

Stocks-capture-2-.jpg
    Thanked by:
    scalemaster34 (04-15-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Did you do this chart on the main thread?

Posted via CB10
  13. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JonCBK View Post
    Did you do this chart on the main thread?

Posted via CB10
    One of my stalkers will surely be passing the word via BBM as we speak - I did think about it but it would be too distracting there and the thread has an unspoken agreement that we leave critique of following Gurus and throwing chicken bones on the ground... sorry expert commentary and Technical Analysis to other threads.
    scalemaster34 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    One of my stalkers will surely be passing the word via BBM as we speak - I did think about it but it would be too distracting there and the thread has an unspoken agreement that we leave critique of following Gurus and throwing chicken bones on the ground... sorry expert commentary and Technical Analysis to other threads.
    Ha ha. Tech Analysis has its place. But it gets beat up by new information. And it is generally the new information that moves the stock material amounts. But the polite thing is not to spend too much time pointing that out.

Posted via CB10

Quote Originally Posted by JonCBK View Post
    Ha ha. Tech Analysis has its place. But it gets beat up by new information. And it is generally the new information that moves the stock material amounts. But the polite thing is not to spend too much time pointing that out.

Posted via CB10
    There is being polite, and there is being realistic and trying to keep things "real" for others. There for a while late 2012 to early 2013, everyone swore that we were heading for $25, $30 , $50 a share by the end of 2013. There were a bunch of newbie investors that got caught up in the rhetoric and the no fail charts.... All the while the company was starting to lose money and it's long shot of a chance at recovery was looking longer and longer. But somehow those charts ignored the facts that BlackBerry was not a stable company in a normal pattern of growth.

I don't worry about it as much now... BlackBerry's track record over the last year speaks volumes by it's self. Anyone foolish to invest LONG TERM deserves what they get. The ones that play the up and down game, pretty much know the risk.
    chr1sny and cgk like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scalemaster34 View Post
    There is being polite, and there is being realistic and trying to keep things "real" for others. There for a while late 2012 to early 2013, everyone swore that we were heading for $25, $30 , $50 a share by the end of 2013. There were a bunch of newbie investors that got caught up in the rhetoric and the no fail charts.... All the while the company was starting to lose money and it's long shot of a chance at recovery was looking longer and longer. But somehow those charts ignored the facts that BlackBerry was not a stable company in a normal pattern of growth.

I don't worry about it as much now... BlackBerry's track record over the last year speaks volumes by it's self. Anyone foolish to invest LONG TERM deserves what they get. The ones that play the up and down game, pretty much know the risk.
    When is the 100 dollar a share party happening?

In all seriousness, the way people ignored BlackBerry' atypical situation back then is similar to how posters try to analogize BBRY to a luxury car manufacturer while ignoring the differences between the mobile phone and automobile industries.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,311 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chr1sny View Post
    In all seriousness, the way people ignored BlackBerry' atypical situation back then is similar to how posters try to analogize BBRY to a luxury car manufacturer while ignoring the differences between the mobile phone and automobile industries.
    Nuh-uh! BlackBerry will soon be trading at $300/share! Because... Porsche! It's exactly the same thing!
    scalemaster34 likes this.

I'm thinking this has gone just a tad off topic..

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    Be nice, it's free.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    I'm thinking this has gone just a tad off topic..

By off topic you mean not having rose colored glasses on right?
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by fmb8 View Post
    Buy low sell high. It's that simple. Buy on bad news, sell on good news. If you're planning on waiting for the first announcement of a money making quarter, you'll be waiting awhile & by that time it will be too late. If you believe this company will succeed, now is the time to buy. As always, purchasing stocks of any kind should be part of your overall investment portfolio & NOT a shot a getting rich quick! BlackBerry stock should currently fit in with the high risk (high rewards) part of your portfolio if you even have a high risk segment. I personally see opportunity when the stock sinks but not everyone has the cahones for that.

Posted via CB10
    I would disagree with this, really. I think if BB puts a successful product out there and show one or even two good quarters, there will still be time to buy the stock. In fact, that's when I plan to get back in, if BB manages to turn things around. I would bet the "late comer" who comes in after BB actually has a successful product will make 80-90% as much money but without riding the bulk of the opportunity cost and risk from now until next year.

I'd rather they show me something first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chr1sny View Post
    By off topic you mean not having rose colored glasses on right?
    No, I mean snarky retorts against brand supporters...but hey, could just be me.

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-22-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    Be nice, it's free.
    Thanked by:
    StormieTwo (04-23-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

I see it as a speculative long term buy and hold. It could drop a few more dollars. But it doesn't have far to go before it reaches it's dissolution value.
    Then it has upside as a tech company with tons of cash, name brand, tons of patents, and a few great ideas. It just needs to be run much much leaner.
    Anyway. I buy and hold. But I don't hold out hope for that $100 party.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

What are you guys talking about long and short? Please defined them because everyone interpretation of it differently!

? Slicing using my ?

Quote Originally Posted by masterful View Post
    What are you guys talking about long and short? Please defined them because everyone interpretation of it differently!

? Slicing using my ?
    When most people here say they are LONG on BlackBerry, it mean they have bought shares and are going to hold then for as long as it takes to see those promised payouts at $25, $30, $50 or $100 a share. They aren't worried about the "minor" adjustments that have caused many of them to be underwater as it were. They BELIEVE and have FAITH in something that they can't really see anymore (company making profits) and are only told exists (usually in a graph that looks really good) in some grand future.

SHORT.... Some are playing the ups and downs - buy at $6 sell at $9, buy at $7 sell at $8. They don't believe in the stock or the company, it just business for them and they know that a weak company means opportunity. They are in and out in days or weeks at a time.

And then there are the SHORTS, but none of them are here They buy BBRY based on what they think the future price will be, and they are betting it will be lower than the current price. And somehow they are able to manipulate the price to always go down when they need it to.

At least that is my take on what the usage here is.....
    Thanked by:
    StormieTwo (04-25-2014) 
    chr1sny and notfanboy like this.