So, another ER set for this week to hopefully see some strong progress on the results front. I am especially hopefully on good momentum on BES 12 conversions.

The MWC announcements were nice, but certainly will take a lot of time to play out.

There are two announcements that BlackBerry could make which would ignite the stock even with no immediate results - even more so than the ones at MWC...

1. Bb10 OS as an optional OS on the Samsung s6 line for businesses that need secure devices...
    2. Blackberry skinned version of android that has the BlackBerry experience on it, to showcase the potential to other manufacturers. With Google Play Services in it.

Needless to say, these are both highly unlikely given the other previous announcements made.

I know that this sounds like heresy to BlackBerry fans, but I want to company to thrive and without these types of relationships, it will be a hard road.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:23 AM
    You'll have a better chance of a Samsung built BlackBerry device than those two points.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:53 AM
    I don't know... Chen has been there a while, he has told developers that Android is the "future" and has pushed the Amazon store. Maybe one of his first real projects was to skin Android... it would take a while, and would be a very rough transition for the company to make at this point. But working with Google to better integrate BES12.... working with one of the top Android hardware manufactures on highly regulated enterprise/government devices.... Moving most of the core BlackBerry products to Apps that can be ran on any platform.....

Might just be that Chen isn't interested in the hardware at all.....
    03-23-15 09:05 AM
    As the world seemingly continues to move to iphones at the high end, and with Cyanogen trying to free the people in the middle, and low end, it would seem that the there is an opportunity to try and set up BB10 as an alternative to Google Android which can still leverage the desire of phone manufacturers to urge App Developers to release themselves of Google Play Services requirements. I am still surprised that someone is not making a hard acquisition play for Blackberry, or at least trying to leverage the BB10 OS security. Perhaps that market is just too small and being able to remove wipe a device is enough.
    03-23-15 04:45 PM
    I'm not seeing Samsung getting into BB10 for a couple reasons, but I've been wrong before.

If I had to guess, I'd say services is the future.
    03-23-15 04:51 PM
    As the world seemingly continues to move to iphones at the high end, and with Cyanogen trying to free the people in the middle, and low end, it would seem that the there is an opportunity to try and set up BB10 as an alternative to Google Android which can still leverage the desire of phone manufacturers to urge App Developers to release themselves of Google Play Services requirements. I am still surprised that someone is not making a hard acquisition play for Blackberry, or at least trying to leverage the BB10 OS security. Perhaps that market is just too small and being able to remove wipe a device is enough.
    Do you know any App Developers that want to be released from Google Play Services? As I understand it isn't a requirement as of yet, it is an option that is suppose to offer some protection for Developers. Most of the Developers over on AndroidCenteral seem to like where Google is going with Google Services.... many look forward to a time when their apps are protected from sites and users that don't think they have to pay for APKs.

Too be honest, I don't think people care about the OS on their phone all that much... It's the ecosystem and/or the features of the device that matter to them the most. Large Screen, Great Camera, Digitizer, works under water......
    Tre Lawrence, sati01 and JeepBB like this.
    03-24-15 07:34 AM
    Do you know any App Developers that want to be released from Google Play Services? As I understand it isn't a requirement as of yet, it is an option that is suppose to offer some protection for Developers. Most of the Developers over on AndroidCenteral seem to like where Google is going with Google Services.... many look forward to a time when their apps are protected from sites and users that don't think they have to pay for APKs.

Too be honest, I don't think people care about the OS on their phone all that much... It's the ecosystem and/or the features of the device that matter to them the most. Large Screen, Great Camera, Digitizer, works under water......
    I'm with you with regards to people not really caring about the OS. That's why I smile when the OS purists start waxing wistfully about the "superiority" of any one OS.

Hilarious.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-24-15 07:54 AM
    Samsung will NOT license BB10 and release a Samsung branded BB10 device. It doesn't make sense for them to offer a 2 year old OS with 0.1% market share and no momentum.

They could, however, release an enterprise oriented Android device preloaded with the BB10 Experience, maybe even with a physical keyboard.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-24-15 09:22 AM
    Am I missing something here? What's wrong with BlackBerry OS 10 as is? Why is everyone pushing BlackBerry to become another OEM? What's the deal here? Let me state: I believe the Amazon store as is is an insult to BlackBerry users. Secondly, the OS 10.3 is more than adequate for most business leaders' needs. I see this android trash talk as a means of eroding with strides BlackBerry as a secure company makes.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 01:43 AM
    Bb10 is an excellent OS with poor application support. If we say that it has everything business needs for communication, that might be true. But there are a lot of other business applications other than Office. There are project management, expense, etc apps. And as you get into specific industries, they have their own specialized apps. BlackBerry has poor support for commerce, etc (accepting payments as example)

So, I am very happy for the Android app support and push. Otherwise, this would be the "secure communications phone" only.

As much as I dislike it, I am happy for the direction of the Blackberry Experience so that I can put the pieces I love about BlackBerry onto a phone that has broad app support. I would gladly pay BlackBerry for using these services - and they probably would make more money than they would if they sold phones.

And, given samsung s6 sales are crushing it, I hope they find a good partnership with Samsung

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:58 AM