Hey guys and gals, I have a question. I'm not a newb investor or anything, but I've never faced this particular situation in which I guess a lot of us may find ourselves.

We all know the shorties are playing games and sweating bullets. We all know that the stock value has been beaten up unfairly, some would even say manipulated though I wouldn't go that far. And we all know that there are ~100 million shares held short.

The thing is, I know that in the byzantine mechanics of post-postmodern finance, some of those shares are mine. Somebody may well be borrowing my shares unbeknownst to me and selling them. Sure, they'll have to pay me back, but I'd rather take my shares out of that pool entirely.

How do I do that? Ask my broker for physical stock certificates? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    12-08-14 07:20 PM
    I have read that the easiest is to place sell orders for your shares at a higher price for some time in the distant future. That way your broker can not lend them out. I do not know if it is true, but it makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:37 PM
    You would have to have your shares in a cash account, or a non-margin account.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:16 AM
    Certificate is a guarantee. Cash account and sell orders are not guaranteed methods to prevent your shares from being lent/used as collateral.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 03:25 PM
    Sell orders are not and in fact make no difference, cash account is, that and you could make sure there's a non-hypothecation clause on the account

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 04:09 PM
    Sell orders are not and in fact make no difference, cash account is, that and you could make sure there's a non-hypothecation clause on the account

Posted via CB10
    It is a cash account, and I will ask my broker about that. Thanks!
    12-09-14 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that insight into those mechanisms and legalities ... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-12-14 06:21 AM