Blackberry will give a rude surprise to those who are short.
    Last edited by Franz Israel; 10-01-13 at 03:42 AM.
    09-10-13 04:44 AM
    You can always hope! No one can stop that
    09-10-13 04:52 AM
    He said it was worth $40 because that is what he was in at one point, plus he dosn't want to look like he made a mistake. He bought more at lower, so his total number to break even is lower now. However, if he thought the stock was really worth that, he wouldn't be trying to take it private, and their is no way he, or any pension fund is going to pay $40 per share to take the company private. He is trying to take the company private because that is the only way he can possibly recover his investment either through turning it around while private and having a new IPO in the future, or sawing it up and trying to get value out of the parts. Either way he won't offer $40 per share to save face, he will try to save face by making money after taking them private and getting his money back out.
    09-10-13 09:48 AM
    It's worth half of that at the most.
    09-10-13 10:19 AM
    What something is worth, What you will pay for something, and What you would sell something for are all RADICALLY different concepts.

Just because Watsa said WORTH $40 does not mean he would PAY $40.
    09-10-13 10:30 AM
    So you think he will pay more than twice as much than he has to in order to salvage his credibility among BBRY shareholders? I don't think so. How about his credibility among his financial partners? I think that might be more important.

At any rate, all he has to say is that conditions have changed and BBRY isn't worth as much. Do you really want to him to go into the reasons why BBRY isn't worth as much? At this point, he has every reason to want to drive the price of the shares down.
    09-10-13 10:31 AM
    He said it was worth $40 because that is what he was in at one point, plus he dosn't want to look like he made a mistake. He bought more at lower, so his total number to break even is lower now. However, if he thought the stock was really worth that, he wouldn't be trying to take it private, and their is no way he, or any pension fund is going to pay $40 per share to take the company private. He is trying to take the company private because that is the only way he can possibly recover his investment either through turning it around while private and having a new IPO in the future, or sawing it up and trying to get value out of the parts. Either way he won't offer $40 per share to save face, he will try to save face by making money after taking them private and getting his money back out.
    Or maybe he wants to take BB private because he knows what is in the pipeline and see's something that can change the shape of mobile and mobile computing but, only time will tell.
    09-10-13 10:42 AM
    Or maybe he wants to take BB private because he knows what is in the pipeline and see's something that can change the shape of mobile and mobile computing but, only time will tell.
    I'm sure that's it! Because BlackBerry is SOOOOOO good at keeping anything secret and confidential and in house.

The value of BBRY is a Billion Dollar question. If the ER is really BAD, the value is what someone is willing to pay for it and still be able to get a return on their investment. Most likely half of what the "book" value maybe at the time.
    09-10-13 03:35 PM
    Watsda [sic] said a few months ago that value of BBRY is in the forties. Heins later said value of BBRY has increased from a year ago.

So Watsa has to offer at least $40, minimum, to buy BBRY or else he will lose all credibility ... I expect a minimum $40 bid from watsa and the Canadian pension funds.
    Would you like to play some poker?
    09-11-13 11:01 AM
    Fairfax shareholders would run him out of town if he paid 400% premium. Anything over $17 is very suspect and unlikely. 12-15 more likely in my book.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:15 PM
    The board has no right to sell BB at such low price
    What something is worth, What you will pay for something, and What you would sell something for are all RADICALLY different concepts.

Just because Watsa said WORTH $40 does not mean he would PAY $40.
    10-16-13 10:20 PM
    Then leave it alone. dont buy bb. or spin off the divisions
    Fairfax shareholders would run him out of town if he paid 400% premium. Anything over $17 is very suspect and unlikely. 12-15 more likely in my book.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:22 PM
    I cant believe, all of you who were singing BB prise now ae saying BB is worth nothing

So you think he will pay more than twice as much than he has to in order to salvage his credibility among BBRY shareholders? I don't think so. How about his credibility among his financial partners? I think that might be more important.

At any rate, all he has to say is that conditions have changed and BBRY isn't worth as much. Do you really want to him to go into the reasons why BBRY isn't worth as much? At this point, he has every reason to want to drive the price of the shares down.
    10-16-13 10:24 PM
    So much for Prem Watsa's credibility. So, when is a $9 per share offer not an offer? When Fairfax Financial makes it.
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    11-04-13 10:03 AM
    So much for Prem Watsa's credibility. So, when is a $9 per share offer not an offer? When Fairfax Financial makes it.
    What happened to all that talk about Watsa never renegotiating a deal?
    11-04-13 11:00 PM