Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By thurask
  • 1 Post By bigbadben10
  • 1 Post By early2bed
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25D9ED96
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Which non-american company potentially on BlackBerry 's dance card?

I think the mistrust of US based companies and their links to the NSA, and Chinese companies with their links to the government would preclude the likes of Microsoft, Cisco, Lenovo, etc. of snatching up BlackBerry.

So what about European, Indian, Middle Eastern or South American companies? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking SAP or Tata must be seriously taking a look.

Any others come to mind?

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    8,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye might receive

Quote Originally Posted by randomroyalty View Post
    I think the mistrust of US based companies and their links to the NSA, and Chinese companies with their links to the government would preclude the likes of Microsoft, Cisco, Lenovo, etc. of snatching up BlackBerry.

So what about European, Indian, Middle Eastern or South American companies? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking SAP or Tata must be seriously taking a look.

Any others come to mind?

Posted via CB10
    I doubt there's much in the way of Middle Eastern companies allowed to talk to BlackBerry; only Israeli companies would have the political approval of the Canadian government, but dealing with them would also torpedo sales to the rest of the area.

If anyone, probably a European company. SAP is a good choice. Maybe Sage.
    Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Passport. Work wide.
    randomroyalty likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I think a buyer out of Asia would be the most likely. Possibly from India, Indonesia, Australia, or Japan.

If you remove the hardware aspect from BlackBerry the possibilities explode.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

With the business team JC has put together from ex Sybase and SAP management the most logical answer is SAP. Being European your good to go from an acquisition standpoint! SAP 100% so long as the shareholders stock price is at least $50.00/shr

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Posted from my fabulous BlackBerry Passport
    95aero likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Well, if the Burger King tax inversion deal is any indicator then a US company could certainly benefit from buying Blackberry and moving its own operations to Canada. It would bring a It would bring a big US company to Canada so the Canadian regulators shouldn't have a problem with it.
    app_Developer likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Wow! We are talking about BlackBerry up for sale again? Feels like this time last year. Haha.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
    CrackBerry Genius

SAP is a likely candidate, given John Chen's previous involvement and sale of Sybase to them.

It would certainly be an enterprise only deal, SAP has no consumer sphere reach like Apple, Microsoft, Google or even Lenovo (they've been knocked back once already apparently).

Not sure about Amazon, their data hunger seems a bit contradictory to BBRY's security / privacy business model.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadben10 View Post
    With the business team JC has put together from ex Sybase and SAP management the most logical answer is SAP. Being European your good to go from an acquisition standpoint! SAP 100% so long as the shareholders stock price is at least $50.00/shr

Posted with my gorgeous Z30

I don't think SAP is likely only because JC would want something higher than $25 if revenue starts to grow (see his comments about not selling unless it's an offer for 100 a share, obviously sarcasm but just to give some perspective) which would value blackberry at 13 billion or more. SAP's market cap is 12 billion so I'm not sure if they could fit the bill. They could definitely buy them if they shed the hardware business and if blackberry's revenue never increased... however, they're going to need someone who can at least fit the bill
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    915 Global Posts
    PIN
    brb bio

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_berry View Post
    Wow! We are talking about BlackBerry up for sale again? Feels like this time last year. Haha.
    Yeah. Red enough about it back then.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
    CrackBerry Genius

Ronald McDonald is currently shopping. You know he is serious when he has been seen without the red shoes in public

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    915 Global Posts
    PIN
    brb bio

oh! Without the red shoes means serious business yes.
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
    CrackBerry Master

Apple might as well buy BlackBerry. They could've bought BlackBerry five times over for the price the stock drop over the past couple days.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by early2bed View Post
    Apple might as well buy BlackBerry. They could've bought BlackBerry five times over for the price the stock drop over the past couple days.
    They'd have to spend a lot of money preaching the gospel of Jobs to the new employees. Knowing Blackberry fans, it might take a lot longer than their typical convert.

Perhaps we will hear a surprise announcement next week?....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Talk of a sale is just dumb. The majority of long shareholders will not sell for less than 20 and beyond. The company just won't be sold below that. It would get voted down.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by allisos View Post
    Talk of a sale is just dumb. The majority of long shareholders will not sell for less than 20 and beyond. The company just won't be sold below that. It would get voted down.
    That's an interesting claim. Perhaps I could not accumulate however many shares I wanted to, right now, for $15. However, the stock price also is supported by the idea that one of the tech giants like Microsoft might try to acquire it. If the long-term shareholders really felt this strongly, they could always adopt a poison-pill and see how the market reacts to that. I'll be the stock price would go down as it would make BBRY a riskier investment.