News That Wasn't News: Samsung's Enterprise Move Against BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

Can the same be said for the Home Depot 'news'?

Interesting too in the article he quotes a CB member, and now his article is here. Something meta about that to me.

The media should start recycling old positive articles too, but I guess thats the exact opposite of what the shorts want.
    02-19-13 12:52 PM
    they are gonna say what sells... and unfortunately bad news sells
    02-19-13 01:05 PM
    some people and some companies want to rain on BlackBerry's parade of awesomeness...
    02-19-13 01:36 PM
    I get news updates on my active trading software. The stuff is either old or just flat out wrong. This morning when it was up 2% in the pre-market I got a news update saying it was down .4%. How do they give the wrong data on a live real time quote?
    02-19-13 03:03 PM
    This is a great article I just post a thread that was closed as you beat me to it.
    02-19-13 11:47 PM
    some people and some companies want to rain on BlackBerry's parade of awesomeness...
    I am sorry and love Blackberry as much as most, been using them from the 950 days.

BUT, I can not consider it good news that BBRY stock is acting the way it is after the introduction of the Z10! If it is not in the "skyrocket" mode now . . . well I can not have confidence it will later.
    02-20-13 05:59 AM
    I am sorry and love Blackberry as much as most, been using them from the 950 days.

BUT, I can not consider it good news that BBRY stock is acting the way it is after the introduction of the Z10! If it is not in the "skyrocket" mode now . . . well I can not have confidence it will later.
    You keep saying this as if stock price somehow reflects either sales numbers or user expectations. After a couple of quarters there may be some truth to this sentiment. At the moment, though, stock price reflects nothing other than the desires of market movers.

Why would you expect the stock to be skyrocketing before actual long term investors have data about the effect of the device over time? Or are you saying the you trust the judgment of day traders when it comes to the worthiness of a new platform?
    02-20-13 11:19 AM
    02-20-13 02:50 PM
    You keep saying this as if stock price somehow reflects either sales numbers or user expectations. After a couple of quarters there may be some truth to this sentiment. At the moment, though, stock price reflects nothing other than the desires of market movers.

Why would you expect the stock to be skyrocketing before actual long term investors have data about the effect of the device over time? Or are you saying the you trust the judgment of day traders when it comes to the worthiness of a new platform?
    The stock is actually reacting to the news and sales stats and not day traders.
    02-21-13 11:21 AM
    The sales stats that nobody has a clue about right now (and that goes both ways)? The market often has very incomplete and conflicting information about what is actually going on (See Netflix).
    02-21-13 11:55 AM
    You mean the sales stats that haven't been released? Or the news that hasn't been published yet? That's a good trick. Still, I agree in part - certainly it reflects *predicted* sales numbers to some extent. But those predictions are based on cherry-picked "channel checks", and not actual numbers releases from BBRY. Channel checks with front-line employees of various small stores can easily be used to paint whatever kind of picture you want.

The truth is this: the stock price - with its 50% volatility over the last couple of months - can't presently be used as a reliable gauge of anything except attempts to manipulate the stock price. Attempting to pass it off as indicative of *actual* sales and product reception when those numbers haven't been released yet is disingenuous at best.

Back to the topic of this thread: 300k shipped - as Canaccord claims - is ridiculously low. Similarly, their original estimate of 1.75m shipped was ridiculously high, over street consensus by nearly a million. The fact that they haven't reduced their price target in spite of lowering shipping estimates for the entire year may lead the paranoid to suspect that they used an inflated initial number to create a bigger effect when they slashed it.
    02-21-13 12:28 PM