Good to see some positive in the news The Buy-Apple Inc, Sell-BlackBerry Ltd trade has flipped | Financial Post

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-14-14 10:55 AM
    Moved to BBRY stock discussion
    03-14-14 12:18 PM
    Nice read, thx for sharing.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-14-14 04:13 PM
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is how the tables turn

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:32 PM
    That didn't last long.

Nice change of tune. The Buy-Apple Inc, Sell-BlackBerry Ltd trade has flipped-bbryaapl.jpg
    04-28-14 05:36 PM
    Saying BlackBerry us a good stock because it doubled in value in the last six months, is like saying a Ford Pinto was great because it got good gas mileage.

BlackBerry has doubled several times in the last couple of years... so yes those that play the stock have enjoyed some great gains.

But trying to compare Apple & BBRY... ???
    I guess they are both tech stocks.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    04-28-14 06:49 PM
    Saying BlackBerry us a good stock because it doubled in value in the last six months, is like saying a Ford Pinto was great because it got good gas mileage.

BlackBerry has doubled several times in the last couple of years... so yes those that play the stock have enjoyed some great gains.

But trying to compare Apple & BBRY... ???
    I guess they are both tech stocks.

Posted via CB10
    Comparing a Pinto to a car is just not rite. Now if you would have used a Granada...well, no...that one wasn't good either.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    04-28-14 07:19 PM
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is how the tables turn

Posted via CB10
    You will be embarassed by this post.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-29-14 11:35 AM
    You will be embarassed by this post.
    Not sure they will, in many "true believers" minds... They believe that BlackBerry is right where Apple was, poised to make a come back from the brink of Bankruptcy. And Apple is right where BlackBerry was, up on top and not keeping up with what users are demanding, making incremental changes and using too basic of an OS... thus falling behind it would seem. They will never be embarrassed, because in their mind if this doesn't come about it because of some conspiracy.

The fact that Apple is more concerned with P R O F I T S and is not interested in playing the Android game, doesn't enter their mind. The fact that Apple is selling more and more devices each quarter - maybe they miss a "goal", but the ultimately are selling devices at a very high profit. Android has 70% of the market, whereas Apple has 60% of the profits... which would you want?

The simple truth is there is money to be made in playing BBRY on a day-to-day basis. As for APPL, you aren't going to make a quick turn around, but for now it is a safe long term investment. Just depends on what type of investor you are.
    notfanboy likes this.
    04-29-14 01:38 PM
    The simple truth is there is money to be made in playing BBRY on a day-to-day basis. As for APPL, you aren't going to make a quick turn around, but for now it is a safe long term investment. Just depends on what type of investor you are.
    I know that for sure. When I do some day trading on BBRY I can buy 9000 to 12000 shares and it only needs to go up 10-20 cents and i am quite happy.

You can't do that with Apple. Well at least I can't do that, there are many who can.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-29-14 02:37 PM
    a full year of favourable press and 3 successful (relatively speaking) device launches is minimum for me to believe there has been a turn around in market perception. The Q20 device build quality, belt integration and launch execution will be especially indicative for me. If that all goes well i'll switch from "cautiously optimistic" to "optimistic".

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:48 PM
    a full year of favourable press and 3 successful (relatively speaking) device launches is minimum for me to believe there has been a turn around in market perception. The Q20 device build quality, belt integration and launch execution will be especially indicative for me. If that all goes well i'll switch from "cautiously optimistic" to "optimistic".

Posted via CB10
    Your mistake is that you concentrate only on the BlackBerry 10 device launches. The growth is not only there. There are assets like QNX, BES and BBM that you have to focus your attention too!
    04-30-14 03:55 AM
    Your mistake is that you concentrate only on the BlackBerry 10 device launches. The growth is not only there. There are assets like QNX, BES and BBM that you have to focus your attention too!
    Sorry but BlackBerry for most of us is a hardware company.

Now when it comes to BBRY - QNX, BES and BBM acronyms that instill hope... but alone, I'm not sure how big of a company BlackBerry will be.

BES is pretty much dead without hardware. I know BES can manage iOS and Android... but does anyone know of a company where there aren't any BlackBerry's and they are using BES?

QNX might have doubled in value.... so now it's worth what BlackBerry paid for it. (look at BBRY Software revenues)

BBM... is experience some major growing pains on Android and iOS. And I'm not sure where the whole Social Network craze is going - most everyone I know has a Facebook Account that they check once a day now and not every 30 min (some check it much less than that). Twitter is having issue (stock), I know I didn't re-setup my account the last time I did a fresh install. Instagram seems to be what most people I know still use on a regular basis. Personally Channels is more SPAM than content... the few Channels that I found and wanted to follow. They are using the same info they send out to Facebook, but a day or two later.
    04-30-14 10:06 AM
    I know that for sure. When I do some day trading on BBRY I can buy 9000 to 12000 shares and it only needs to go up 10-20 cents and i am quite happy.

You can't do that with Apple. Well at least I can't do that, there are many who can.
    The problem with this logic is that in order for BBRY to go up 10-20�, it still needs to go up 1%.

After AAPL's June 2 7:1 split (cost will be ~$80), many AAPL shareholder's basis cost will be under $10. A lot of people bought AAPL during the 2009 market crash when AAPL went down as low as $80.
    04-30-14 10:46 AM
    The problem with this logic is that in order for BBRY to go up 10-20�, it still needs to go up 1%.

After AAPL's June 2 7:1 split (cost will be ~$80), many AAPL shareholder's basis cost will be under $10. A lot of people bought AAPL during the 2009 market crash when AAPL went down as low as $80.
    ? Not really sure what you are saying...

It's easy to see that if you invested six months ago in BlackBerry you would have made just as much if you had invested in AAPL five years ago. There is no doubt that BlackBerry is a money maker for some right now.... it just is not a long term investment like Apple is.
    04-30-14 02:00 PM
    ? Not really sure what you are saying...
    Just responding to the comment of being happy with a stock that only has to go up a few pennies (BBRY) versus going up by several dollars (AAPL). The stock still has to up a respectable percentage.

BlackBerry is a short term trading stock, and nothing more. Handset only makers are dropping dead like flies. Even once powerhouse Nokia is dissolving into the Microsoft Borg, just as Palm evaporated months after HP's purchase.

BlackBerry is still trying to understand that smartphones were a placeholder category till the computer people took them over. And after almost a decade to think about it, BlackBerry still doesn't have a plan that shows they can reinvent themselves.

Apple reinvented themselves by focusing on the fact that consumer electronics software was very poor. Meanwhile, BlackBerry still think that the enterprise is going to save them.

Win the consumer, you win the enterprise.
    05-06-14 06:14 PM