Despite how common consumers may think BlackBerry is dead, the company is in a position to possibly make triple-digit gains.

Money managers, like*that of legendary investor*Nelson Obus,*are*heavily investing in BlackBerry. Everyone �in the know� on Wall Street has heard of Nelson Obus, and take a keen look at where he�s investing.

Obus co-founded Wynnefield Capital, a value-based hedge fund based in New York. Since the company�s inception in 1992, Obus*has consistently posted double-digit returns for his clients.

The Motley Fool found in recent*SEC filings that Obus has been building a position in BlackBerry. As of September 2014, he*owned about 2.1 million shares of $BBRY. At the time, that represented his eighth largest position and nearly 10% of his total portfolio.

BlackBerry�s latest CEO, John Chen, is aggressively working on a turnaround for the company. The company�s biggest asset for a successful turnaround? QNX.

QNX is powering the latest BlackBerry 10 smartphones and over 50 million car infotainment systems. QNX is also paving the way of the future with the Internet of Things*coupled with the expansion of BES12.

�While there are 5 billion handsets in the world that we want to connect to, there may be 500 billion devices out there. That presents a tremendous opportunity for an organization with the experience and track record of QNX,� said Chen in a company blog post last year.

IoT could be the next big tech boom. With BlackBerry already positioned ahead of the game, now might be the*best time to consider a position with BlackBerry Ltd stock. That�s what another Billionaire investor seems to believe*by doubling his portfolio.

Source n4bb

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-09-15 05:55 PM
    Ontario teachers pension funds also bought a lot of stock recently. When the shorters get squeezed there might not be a lot of stock for them to buy back.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:44 PM
    I wish I bought also when the getting was good

01-09-15 07:22 PM
    Sweet. What I would like, for 2015, is for people to realize that BlackBerry is not dead. And to let me have my Blackberrys in peace!

Posted via Classic
    01-09-15 08:03 PM
    The Shorts have already started to leave. The stock price has been a lot more stable the last 3-4 months. There moving onto another victim.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:06 PM
    The Shorts have already started to leave. The stock price has been a lot more stable the last 3-4 months. There moving onto another victim.

Posted via CB10
    Short interest is still high around 22+%

#BBFactCheck
    01-10-15 10:06 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Impressive investors indeed... Ontario teachers Pension plan is one of the largest in the world... that's serious money behind blackberry and they are known as shrewd investors...

2015 will be the turning point for BlackBerry.... ceo Chen is brilliant turnaround exec and this stock can be $20-$40 two years from now... these big investors know it...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:35 PM
    Impressive investors indeed... Ontario teachers Pension plan is one of the largest in the world... that's serious money behind blackberry and they are known as shrewd investors...

2015 will be the turning point for BlackBerry.... ceo Chen is brilliant turnaround exec and this stock can be $20-$40 two years from now... these big investors know it...

Posted via CB10
    Yes for sure

01-10-15 12:56 PM

QNX is powering the latest BlackBerry 10 smartphones and over 50 million car infotainment systems. QNX is also paving the way of the future with the Internet of Things*coupled with the expansion of BES12.

“While there are 5 billion handsets in the world that we want to connect to, there may be 500 billion devices out there. That presents a tremendous opportunity for an organization with the experience and track record of QNX,” said Chen in a company blog post last year.

IoT could be the next big tech boom. With BlackBerry already positioned ahead of the game, now might be the*best time to consider a position with BlackBerry Ltd stock. That’s what another Billionaire investor seems to believe*by doubling his portfolio.

Source n4bb

QNX - Small Company with small business model and small revenues.

Number - just like there are 5 Billion Handsets in the world and BlackBerry was originally positions at the forefront.... where are they now?

IoT - BlackBerry ahead of the Game??? There are hundreds if not thousands of IoT products on the market today... which of them are using QNX and BlackBerry TODAY? How is BlackBerry ahead of the game, when they so far are still on the practice field?

Right now BBRY is a fairly safe bet for these large investors... there is a potential for large gain, and very little potential for the stock to fall much further.

As for the shorts... there were some things in the last earnings report that indicated that there was no reason for them to run away from BlackBerry. If sales and revenue keep falling.... Chen won't be able to cut enough to keep them in the Black for long.

Personally I see Medial as BlackBerry's future as a software and services company... but they need time to get products to market.
    01-13-15 07:25 AM