MarketWatch claims that BlackBerry is a more attractive buyout target than Twitter. Interestingly though, while the columnist is bullish on BBRY, he doesn't mention the rumored BlackBerry/Android deal, which by all means would be a game changer for the company.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why...ter-2015-08-31
    Last edited by jbfair728; 08-31-15 at 06:22 PM.
    08-31-15 06:11 PM
    Well Twitter is a pretty horrible buyout target. Not sure why the two companies are being compared, though. It's not like they're alternatives/substitutes for each other and a company interested in buying one may be interested in buying the other.
    08-31-15 06:33 PM
    Could be - I do wonder however why not of the likely suspects actually bought the company when they all kicked the tyres when the company was openly up for sale?

Although seen Chen has hollowed out the company the value for an asset stripper might now be slightly higher - although neither BES not QNX nor IP licensing seems to the gold-mind that is claimed here - the three together plus multiple over businesses only turn $137 million in revenue last quarter.
    09-01-15 03:47 AM
    You have an older company that once saw much better days.... lot of long term investors that at this point don't have much more to lose. Would the majority sell at $9, could you get them to budge at $12, or maybe would you have to go as high as $16?

I think if earnings turn red for several quarters in a row... you might could get these ones to sell. But as long as their is a shimmer of hope.... that isn't going to happen at the price that I think a buyer would be interested.
    09-01-15 10:31 AM
    Twitter is now a vital, pretty much irreplaceable part of internet infrastructure, just like Google, Facebook and to some extent Microsoft. What would you replace it with?

But these are making real money, while Twitter is not, afaik... :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    09-05-15 03:44 AM
    Twitter is now a vital, pretty much irreplaceable part of internet infrastructure, just like Google, Facebook and to some extent Microsoft. What would you replace it with?

But these are making real money, while Twitter is not, afaik... :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    I agree...twitter will be bigger than Facebook...probably more eyeballs on it already. I get twitter updates all day long...I don't do Facebook. I think twitter and instagram are the big two.

Posted from my Priv!
    12-13-15 12:14 AM
    I agree...twitter will be bigger than Facebook...probably more eyeballs on it already. I get twitter updates all day long...I don't do Facebook. I think twitter and instagram are the big two.

Posted from my Priv!
    Facebook has about 1.5 Billion active users and a growth rate of about 13 percent year over year..

Whereas Twitter has only about 310 Million active users with a growth rate that has fallen to only 8% last year...

Sadly the only way Twitter is going to increase their revenues by the amount they have promised.... is to feed more ads to the existing users. Both those logged-on and they are planning to market to even those that are logged-out.

I agree with Prem that Twitter is now a "part" of the internet infrastructure.... the problem is how to monetize it and not alienate customers. Same problem that BlackBerry has faced with BBM.
    12-14-15 07:51 AM