View Poll Results: If BlackBerry decides to switch to Android:

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will put my dirty hands on as many BB10 devices still available as I can.

2 33.33%
  • I am fine with the switch to Android.

2 33.33%
  • I will ride out what I have and then will deal what comes.

2 33.33%
  • Whats an Android?

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    If, in few months time, BlackBerry would suddenly declare that they are switching to Android for good, and will not support BB10 other than the devices already in existence, would you go with the flow, or would you buy one, two or more Passports, Classics, Leaps, Z30 still available out there, to keep the unspeakable moment of switching, for as long off as possible.
    07-18-15 10:43 PM
    I don't think I would. I have a 9900 and a Q10, and I can't see myself breaking them before they are deprecated in one way or another.

If that happens, I'd be most likely to move to a Nexus device. If you're going to run Android, you might as well get the device that gets all the ROMs.
    07-18-15 10:49 PM
    I would buy
    07-18-15 10:49 PM
    No, that would be ********.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-19-15 10:59 AM
    I have 3 Q5's, 2 Q10's, 2 Z10's and just ordered my second Leap. I am all set for quite a while. I love BlackBerry devices and the company but as of right now, I don't ever see myself buying a BlackBerry running android.
    I feel bad about that, but if BlackBerry were to SWITCH to ALL android in devices going forward then I am done with supporting BlackBerry.
    I occasionally buy android devices to play around with, never use them as a primary or secondary phone. Experiments only.
    But I wouldn't buy one from BlackBerry because I would not support what I feel would be a grave mistake and injustice to loyal BB10 fans.
    At that point, to me they will just be another android phone manufacturer and I have no interest in that.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    07-19-15 11:36 AM
    [QUOTE=Z50;11801958]I have 3 Q5's, 2 Q10's, 2 Z10's and just ordered my second Leap. I am all set for quite a while. I love BlackBerry devices and the company but as of right now, I don't ever see myself buying a BlackBerry running android.
    I feel bad about that, but if BlackBerry were to SWITCH to ALL android in devices going forward then I am done with supporting BlackBerry.
    I occasionally buy android devices to play around with, never use them as a primary or secondary phone. Experiments only.
    But I wouldn't buy one from BlackBerry because I would not support what I feel would be a grave mistake and injustice to loyal BB10 fans.
    At that point, to me they will just be another android phone manufacturer and I have no interest in that.[/
    QUOTE]

I could not say that better myself.

I got one spare Z30, Q10, but would definitely buy another Z30 or 2, and very likely at least 1 Passport.
    lift likes this.
    07-19-15 11:44 AM
    Why prolong the pain.... move on - either with or without BlackBerry.
    07-20-15 09:21 AM
    Hmmm, that part of moving on without BlackBerry will be very tough to accomplish though.
    07-20-15 10:27 AM
    There currently is no pain. I fully enjoy all of my BlackBerry devices and cycle through them as my primary device. I plan on staying with BlackBerry as long as they continue to support BB10. Only if they move to all android will I leave.
    nolimits7 and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-20-15 10:29 AM
    Why? Why would I need a stockpile?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-20-15 10:51 AM
    I am quite content with my small collection. I would not buy a droidberry but I am sure I will need to play with one just to see exactly what it is. If I won one or was gifted one, I guess that would be okay but thats as far as it goes for me. If the BlackBerry OS leaves, it will leave a Large Void in my daily routine, thats for sure!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-20-15 10:57 AM
    There currently is no pain. I fully enjoy all of my BlackBerry devices and cycle through them as my primary device. I plan on staying with BlackBerry as long as they continue to support BB10. Only if they move to all android will I leave.
    I guess you missed where the OP stated what if they are going with Android.... That is the point where I think most would be experience the Pain.

I think most everyone here is mostly happy with their current devices. Some would like an upgrade that currently BlackBerry isn't offering.

Think the only one that might see a BB10 device as "painful" are those that don't use online forums or those using locked corporate devices.
    07-20-15 10:58 AM
    By the time my passport is tired out I would definitely be ready for an upgrade. I wouldn't want to start using another of the same phone. That's like someone unboxing a brand new sidekick today. I will probably go to Windows or IPhone if I have to.
    07-20-15 10:58 AM
    Has Blackberry got you this far? Then have a little faith.
    07-20-15 11:02 AM
    Na i wouldn't stock up on bb10 phones. I would buy a stupid android blackberry.
    07-20-15 01:04 PM
    I have enough BlackBerry devices to keep me busy for a few years. I would give the Android BlackBerry phone a chance. The main thing I would like in an DroidBBOS is the hub. If they can have the hub in the new OS then I will be happy.

But like I said earlier I still have plenty of BlackBerry devices to hold me over. And I'm trying to save up money, so I don't see myself buying another device anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 12:33 PM
    There are exactly 0 BB10 devices I am currently interested in.
    No high-end full touch device means that I'd simply buy an iPhone.

If the slider will be a high-end Android/BB10 device however, I'll buy it.

If BlackBerry makes another BB10 touchscreen flagship, I'll buy it as well.

I'm simply not interested in any keyboard Blackberry � la Classic/Passport.
    lift likes this.
    07-25-15 06:22 AM
    I'm simply not interested in any keyboard Blackberry � la Classic/Passport.
    I agree with you on this point. I do have a few Q5's but I never use it as my primary device. I use a Z10 or the Leap as my primary device. I like to play around with a PKB device here and there, but that's it.
    07-25-15 02:33 PM
    I would jump onto blackberries next device regardless of what os its powered by because it will definitely be skinned, but at the same time be secure, because like chen said, he'll only go android if he can make it secure. Then it'll be bb10 over secured android, meaning hub and google service android apps...I think it would be a win win.

But then again price is always a concern, nexus for 350(hopefully a cheaper model is released this year), then thats the way to go. Or a cyanogenmod (oneplus one that I own, ill just use that).

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:03 PM
    I would jump onto blackberries next device regardless of what os its powered by because it will definitely be skinned, but at the same time be secure, because like chen said, he'll only go android if he can make it secure. Then it'll be bb10 over secured android, meaning hub and google service android apps...I think it would be a win win.

But then again price is always a concern, nexus for 350(hopefully a cheaper model is released this year), then thats the way to go. Or a cyanogenmod (oneplus one that I own, ill just use that).

Posted via CB10
    Most likely it will be secure... when you buy a BES subscription (or maybe just active it - might come with one). Which isn't all that expensive now the BES Cloud - if it's available in your area.
    07-27-15 10:25 AM
    IMO, it is very foolish to "stockpile" a fast-changing technology.

Carriers change frequencies and even entire technologies (VoLTE and the coming decommissioning of CDMA and GSM networks is a great example - how many BB10 phones have VoLTE support?), and there are other hardware and software changes that will soon make ALL current devices (on all OSs) obsolete.

Plus, this violates a basic rule of tech buying: buy it for what it does TODAY, and not what it is "promised" to do tomorrow. BB fans above all should have learned this lesson.
    lift and techvisor like this.
    08-06-15 06:18 PM
    IMO, it is very foolish to "stockpile" a fast-changing technology.

Carriers change frequencies and even entire technologies (VoLTE and the coming decommissioning of CDMA and GSM networks is a great example - how many BB10 phones have VoLTE support?), and there are other hardware and software changes that will soon make ALL current devices (on all OSs) obsolete.

Plus, this violates a basic rule of tech buying: buy it for what it does TODAY, and not what it is "promised" to do tomorrow. BB fans above all should have learned this lesson.
    I wish I had know about that rule... I must have missed that day in school?

With my STORM they just need a little time to tweak the OS and it would get better.
    My 9650.... can't complain too much about it, it worked well - just was way behind where other devices were (camera, browser, games, apps, touch interface)
    With my PlayBook.... they were working on getting email, but hey apps were about to come with the release of the new phones in a few months.
    With my Z10.... they'd soon fix the rebooting and battery issues, and this was going to be the #3 platform so developers would come.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-07-15 09:00 AM