View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Reality is that RIMM and any other stock can go up or down!
    Oh, ok, thanks. No disrespect but you are American, correct?
    01-21-13 11:08 AM
    the CURRENT reality is, RIM shares were $11.50 just 6 and a half trading days ago, and are now $17 on the TSX.
    TomJasper and fedakd like this.
    01-21-13 11:13 AM
    Reality is that RIMM and any other stock can go up or down!
    Yes, you are correct but also a reality, is that RIMM and RIM.TO has been steadily rising over the last 4 months and has been forcast to go higher. So yes, those of us that have invested in their stock, are excited, and rightfuly so. Ok, some are getting some seriously lofty idea's here but with the last 2 weeks of trading and the positive news surounding RIM, it's a natural feeling to have.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-21-13 11:14 AM
    Yes, you are correct but also a reality, is that RIMM and RIM.TO has been steadily rising over the last 4 months and has been forcast to go higher. So yes, those of us that have invested in their stock, are excited, and rightfuly so. Ok, some are getting some seriously lofty idea's here but with the last 2 weeks of trading and the positive news surounding RIM, it's a natural feeling to have.
    A natural high, nothing like it, after months of being told how RIM would not get here. Cyber beers all around for those on the winning side!
    01-21-13 11:20 AM
    Oh, ok, thanks. No disrespect but you are American, correct?
    Without a doubt! I pay more taxes than I want to think about. I am proud to be American!

Just hate to see some people get carried away in the excitement and invest money they can not afford to loose. I agree that this is a good time to invest as RIM's stock should continue to climb barring anything catastrophic! I have recently made over $12k but that also makes me wary as I can loose it, too! I lost a lot of money on RIM years ago, I feel like I have a chance to get some of it back!
    coldsword likes this.
    01-21-13 11:33 AM
    Just hate to see some people get carried away in the excitement and invest money they can not afford to loose. I agree that this is a good time to invest as RIM's stock should continue to climb barring anything catastrophic!
    That's fair. Nobody should risk what they can't afford to lose.
    01-21-13 11:39 AM
    Just hate to see some people get carried away in the excitement and invest money they can not afford to loose. I agree that this is a good time to invest as RIM's stock should continue to climb barring anything catastrophic! I have recently made over $12k but that also makes me wary as I can loose it, too! I lost a lot of money on RIM years ago, I feel like I have a chance to get some of it back!
    loose or lose?
    01-21-13 11:41 AM
    Without a doubt! I pay more taxes than I want to think about. I am proud to be American!

I have much family business in Flint, Michigan. PM me next time your that way, I'll make sure you are well taken care of.

In regards to anything else pertaining to this thread, never seen any direct advice to buy/sell, opinions yes, nothing wrong with that.

I always make it a point NEVER to give direct advice pro/con, too many legal implications,lol.

Good to see you are now on the good side of your trade/s.
    01-21-13 11:50 AM
    Buggers,lol. Been following their count down clock for days and they are still teasing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rljAOAVddnU

Exclusive to Blackberry 10
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-21-13 at 12:14 PM.
    01-21-13 12:03 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-big-50.jpg

Thats a nice milestone right there, considering I bought the first 50 at around 13.30 back in May when they showed off Peek for the first time.

Not a *huge* investment by any means. But it's got a better interest rate than any savings account out there.

Edit: The stock just hit 17.24.
    TomJasper and coldsword like this.
    01-21-13 12:16 PM
    This stock is flying....check it out! 17.20 on the TSX
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-21-13 12:17 PM
    This stock is flying....check it out! 17.20 on the TSX
    $17.85....WOW
    01-21-13 12:20 PM
    17.34!......wth is going on today?
    01-21-13 12:21 PM
    $17.85....WOW
    where did you get that?
    01-21-13 12:22 PM
    17.49 ..... ok, this is nutzo
    01-21-13 12:23 PM
    $17.54...

10char
    01-21-13 12:26 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled-1.jpg

$18 and rising. lol

The Americans are going to wake up tomorrow and be like wtf just happened. Go RIM.
    morganplus8 and coldsword like this.
    01-21-13 12:27 PM
    Holy crap! $18.49 high!
    well .... I guess we are past the 52 week high. this has indeed been fun to watch
    It was around $18.40s for a moment. Live quotes from my brokerage. I'm seeing my buying opportunity slipping away
    01-21-13 12:28 PM
    All the shorters on the Nasdaq are buying in Toronto to hedge for the opening tommorow, I wonder if many buy orders will be hit if this gaps up tommorow on the Naz?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-21-13 12:28 PM
    Wow.... and I was just thinking after the opening boost, it's been a fairly even keel kinda day.
    01-21-13 12:30 PM
    Maybe There's Something to This RIM Thing - The Motley Fool Jan.21.2013
    _____

Bout time,lol.
    01-21-13 12:32 PM
    17.34!......wth is going on today?
    This is what high frequency trading and computer algorithm trading do to markets. Extreme volatility within a matter of seconds and minutes.

Every fund that incorporates algorithim trading just switched to full on "BUY" mode when it became obvious the 52 week high was going to be breached. You'll see some wild up and down bounces for ahile now as evidenced by the sudden drop after 18.49.
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-21-13 12:33 PM
    It touched 17.99 for a second!...Jaysus! :d
    01-21-13 12:33 PM
113,256 ... 8586878889 ...