Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
992. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

640 64.52%
  • No

352 35.48%
Page 59 of 2941 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162691091595591059 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 73517
Like Tree200675Likes
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Frank2029 View Post
    Sorry I should of been more clear. I wasn't aware someone was going to pick apart my post. I first purchased 50 shares back when it was on its downward spiral @ 17.20. This was about 8 months ago or so. My second batch of shares that i purchased yesterday @ 11.75 was another 50 shares. I am kicked myself for not buying more shares (my 2nd batch) when they were @ $6 a piece. Meaning i could of afforded to get double the amount of shares. Its too bad i have a mortgage now and will not risk any further. My girlfriend was already mad enough i bought shares in RIMM instead of buying her a puppy. lol
    forgive me trolling. please adopt puppy/animal if you want to have 1

have 860 shares @ $13.50. will treat it as long term investment unless bb10 won't be successful.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by coldsowrd View Post
    forgive me trolling. please adopt puppy/animal if you want to have 1

have 860 shares @ $13.50. will treat it as long term investment unless bb10 won't be successful.

Off topic but who wants to adopt a puppy now a days? Having a small little dog for most people is a fad. Just like the iPhone... Its sad really.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by morganplus8 View Post
    Thought I would update the chart to let you know what is possible for RIM in the days ahead:

Attachment 129956
    I expect that we will gap above this mark and begin what will be a 40% rally into the BB 10 launch.
    So, $16 or so in little over a month? Sounds like this new year is going to be great!
    Dear BlackBerry,
    1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
    2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
    3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,959 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank2029 View Post
    Off topic but who wants to adopt a puppy now a days? Having a small little dog for most people is a fad. Just like the iPhone... Its sad really.
    A puppy only stays small if you choose a small breed.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Yeah but nobody seems to mention the fact that all these shares can not be sold without someone buying them. This being the big boys with the hedge accounts that should be made illegal. They dump shares they don't have just to drop the price and then are allowed to buy them back later at a lesser price to cover their sales. Talk about inside trading!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Good point. Blame the media.

The media doesn't buy and sell stocks. Individual investors (immaterial) and institutional investors (important) do.

The market reacted because Carpino didn't give an answer. He said "Asked how service fees paid by consumers and businesses will change with the coming BlackBerry 10 platform, RIM Vice President Paul Carpino essentially said it’s unclear. “We just aren’t providing the detail on it at this time. ... You’ll have to wait,” he added.

The markets hate uncertainty. 149 million shares traded hands. That's a lot of downward momentum. No matter whether you buy 50-100 shares on Monday.

And in the long run it won't matter if RIM delivers BB 10 (and BES) and the customer (individual and corporate) want to buy them.
    Time prevents everything from happening at once!
    Banned

Morganplus8 your $10.50 call was bang on. Did you end up picking up some shares?
    CrackBerry Abuser

1/1/2013

I'm confident it's going to be a good year for RIM. Just 30 more days folks! Happy New Year!
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (01-01-2013) 
    Superfly_FR and zyben like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    Morganplus8 your $10.50 call was bang on. Did you end up picking up some shares?
    mrfreetruth!

Yes, I'm a big fan of RIM and own a large block of the stock. I mentioned in a earlier post when the stock was tanking, that $ 10.55/shr looked like the bottom with great support just under that number. You came up with $ 10.62/shr so you actually win the award!!! Had you bought at $ 10.62/shr you would be very happy indeed. I did buy another block of stock as I had a pile of money come back to me in another trade. Great timing that was but I make use of charts to find my trading points. The idea is to find a stock with a major trend reversal and buy it on all of the dips, thus building up a large position while it stays bullish. RIM fits that bill so I will continue to buy it as long as it trades the way I expect it will. Every time it corrects back to support, I add more stock. I also sold a large chunk of puts at the Dec $11.00/shr strike price and they were put to me thus adding to my overall purchase quantity. I didn't think there would be any way to get a fill on those shares so my effective cost is $ 9.86/shr for those shares so I'm really happy about these "extra" purchases. Let's see what tomorrow brings but I see us heading higher for 4 more weeks at the very least. Good luck!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

Heh, I invested back when RIM was till 9.5xx a share!

I believe in BB10!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Debating investing further this week. 200 shares at $11.51 now. What to do what to do...

Global Posts
    10,056 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1461  

(pre-market) Back in business: over $12, again.
    Stay bold, keep calm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I support BBRY and I buy shares !-capture.png  
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Abuser

Although I'm happy with my position and probably shouldn't divert as much as I already have towards RIM in my portfolio, I really wish I would've gone with my gut and bought more after that unwarranted sell-off.

Global Posts
    10,056 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1463  

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    Although I'm happy with my position and probably shouldn't divert as much as I already have towards RIM in my portfolio, I really wish I would've gone with my gut and bought more after that unwarranted sell-off.
    Well, I stand (due to my lack of liquidity) to my "set and forget" tactic.
    I believe $15 road is open ... but that's not a rational approach, just my very personal feeling.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default I support RIM and I buy shares !

$15 was hit after the quarterly report afterhours. It fell only after the conference call on the topic of the service fee structure changes coming with BB10.

If BB10 is a mild success I could see RIM easily going past $20. Realistically, a lot higher.
    CrackBerry Addict

Happy New Year Everyone. Back to trading. Could be an interesting day if you're a day trader.
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (01-02-2013) 
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    10,056 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1466  

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    $15 was hit after the quarterly report afterhours. It fell only after the conference call on the topic of the service fee structure changes coming with BB10.
    If BB10 is a mild success I could see RIM easily going past $20. Realistically, a lot higher.
    yep; I mean before launch
    CrackBerry Addict

Wow. Someone was working really hard to keep this stock down today. Though there was a lot of support at 11.50 (CAD). I picked up another block of shares at $11.53 CAD.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    Wow. Someone was working really hard to keep this stock down today. Though there was a lot of support at 11.50 (CAD). I picked up another block of shares at $11.53 CAD.
    How can you tell that somebody was working hard? Maybe there weren't enough buyers?

Also, can somebody answer this: what does "days to cover" mean? See screenshot below.
    I support BBRY and I buy shares !-daystocover.jpg
    Dear BlackBerry,
    1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
    2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
    3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
    CrackBerry User

How depressing, stock market up 3% and rim is in the red.
    CrackBerry Master

I did too at $11.70
    CrackBerry User

Yes, great day for the NASDAQ, yet RIMM sh*ts the bed.

I thought January was going to be great as I expected lots of short (who have profited) to buy back shares and solidify their gains (and avoid taxes on gains) before Jan 30th, when I expect RIM to drop the hammer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post

I thought January was going to be great as I expected lots of short (who have profited) to buy back shares and solidify their gains (and avoid taxes on gains) before Jan 30th, when I expect RIM to drop the hammer.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you are saying this just on January 2? When there's a whole month ahead?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,988 Global Posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are saying this just on January 2? When there's a whole month ahead?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    How can you tell that somebody was working hard? Maybe there weren't enough buyers?

Also, can somebody answer this: what does "days to cover" mean? See screenshot below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DaysToCover.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	130106
    Definition of 'Days To Cover'
    A measurement of a company's issued shares that are currently shorted, expressed as the number of days required to close out all of the short positions. For example, if a company has average daily volume of 1 million shares and 2 million shares are currently short sold, the shares have a cover rate of 2 days (2M/1M).

I support BBRY and I buy shares !-daystocover.gif

Also referred to as the "short-interest ratio".
    Paul in VT
    Thanked by:
    chrysaurora (01-03-2013) 
    chrysaurora likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point accuracy

“Never fall in love with a stock” (Wall Street adage)

Investors often fall in love with stocks that increase in value or pay good dividends. “Never fall in love with a stock” is a Wall Street adage cited in print from at least the 1950s. When a stock ceases to perform well, investors must be quick to fall out of “love” and to sell the stock.
    Paul in VT
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (01-03-2013) 
    scalemaster34 likes this.