625 64.17%
  • No

349 35.83%
Page 44 of 2579 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754941445441044 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 64456
Like Tree159445Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    I bought 200 shares at $11.51, up $100 this weekend. Interested to see what comes Monday. Any professional investors thinking buy more now?
    I am not a professional investor. But if you bought 100,000 shares, you could be a millionaire by mid 2014! (just a hunch)

Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    Support line forming at $12. Low volume though. Waiting for the pop.... RSI looks good.
    Apple stock is taking a beating though.
    What's the pop, what's RSI?
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,456 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Default Re: I support RIM and I buy shares !

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    I am not a professional investor. But if you bought 100,000 shares, you could be a millionaire by mid 2014! (just a hunch)

If you bought 100,000 shares you are already a millionaire. LoL
    Do those who protest the loudest or longest have a lock on the truth?
    CrackBerry Addict

Pop simply refers to quick upward trend in stock value. So if RIMM is at $12 it could pop to $13 in a single day (8% single day gain). Just like it could slide to 11 due to a sell off, though unlikely.

RSI is Relative Strength Index. It is an indicator of the stocks price value. If RSI is above 70 it means that the stock is overbought and a downward correction is likely, also if RSI is below 30 it means that it's oversold and upward correction is possible. What it also means that if RSI is consistently high, there's still a lot of demand for the stock.

In the last few weeks RIMM RSI has been very high, peaking at near 80 in some days. Lately it has stabilized around 60.

Personally I believe that most profit taking from the original rally has already taken place. New support is around $12 area so the stock has really nowhere to go but up. Unless of course some negative rumors or news hit in which case you could see a huge drop. Which depending on how bad the news is, could be a good thing since it would form a good entry point for a lot of people interesting in buying the stock. It's what's called "buying on the dip".

At current value 100,000 shares would be worth $1,201,000. Though this doesn't include the tax hit if you were to cash out.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by BThunderW; 12-09-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    chrysaurora (12-09-2012),  Superfly_FR (12-09-2012) 
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

My opinion and prediction is that RIM is going to come close to $100 in about 1 year from now. Former BB users are going to flock back to BB. BB experience is addictive. It lets you get things done very quickly. Auto-text, universal inbox (aka the hub), red led light, alt+tab app switcher, zillions of shortcuts and so on are still not found on other devices.

It's just that
    1) BB 6/7 (Java based OS) started to show signs of age. UI became slower, hour glass icon started to make frequent appearance requiring frequent battery pulls!

2) BB 6/7 also started to really lag-behind in apps. The apps that did make it to BB 6/7 didn't feel so good because the underlying OS was slow. ..

From demos/videos of BB 10 that I have seen, it's clear that RIM has already taken care of speed/responsiveness/fluidity of the OS; and that RIM has retained best features of BB. For eg: The LED is there, OS is FIPS certified, the hub is there (it's even better now), BBM is improved, switching between multiple apps is even easier, browser rocks!

Tim Thorstein has also publicly said that they are aiming to have top 200 or so apps (for every region) available at launch. So, that means they are aggressively closing the app-gap as well.

Given that both assumptions are true, I am confident that former BB users will flock back to BlackBerry. Like bees to honey! And that alone should skyrocket the stock price. Once former users come back to BB and start showing-off their new BB to their friends, they are going to start generating significant word of mouth. Which means, even more sales, and that should further boost the stock price!

If stock doesn't get close to $100 (+- 25%), I'll eat the metaphorical crow.

DISCLAIMER : This is just my opinion!
    Do you know how many BB's RIMM will have to sell in order for their stock to hit 100 bucks per share? If I had the time to day trade I would definitely buy shares and sell for a quick profit, but as an investor I'm staying away from this stock right now. With Non impressive quarterly reports (including the next one), there is no good reason for the stock to increase in a substantial way.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1080  

Personally I believe that most profit taking from the original rally has already taken place. New support is around $12 area so the stock has really nowhere to go but up. Unless of course some negative rumors or news hit in which case you could see a huge drop. Which depending on how bad the news is, could be a good thing since it would form a good entry point for a lot of people interesting in buying the stock. It's what's called "buying on the dip".
    Agree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I support BBRY and I buy shares !-capture.jpg  
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    11,456 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    Do you know how many BB's RIMM will have to sell in order for their stock to hit 100 bucks per share? If I had the time to day trade I would definitely buy shares and sell for a quick profit, but as an investor I'm staying away from this stock right now. With Non impressive quarterly reports (including the next one), there is no good reason for the stock to increase in a substantial way.
    Wouldn't expect anything different to come from you.

Global Posts
    11,456 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Here is a story in the Globe & Mail. "When Analysts say 'Sell'. Buy.

If analyst recommendations were worth something, then you would think that the most-liked stocks would dramatically outperform the least-liked stocks. Unfortunately, the opposite seems to be the case, at least in 2012: The 50 stocks in the S&P 500 with the worst analyst ratings have gained 16.3 per cent this year; the 50 stocks with the best ratings have gained 12.7 per cent.
    When analysts say
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

Default I support RIM and I buy shares !

Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    Wouldn't expect anything different to come from you.
    *Shrugs* What's your point?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

If you bought 100,000 shares you are already a millionaire. LoL
    Damn! I meant, 10,000 shares! lol.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks! I understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    Do you know how many BB's RIMM will have to sell in order for their stock to hit 100 bucks per share?
    I think about 45 M devices sold in 2013 should bring the stock between $75 to $125. I think that's possible. Color me optimistic.
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1085  

I think about 45 M devices sold in 2013 should bring the stock between $75 to $125. I think that's possible. Color me optimistic.
    That's aurora borealis

Default I support RIM and I buy shares !

Picking up another 250 shares . Wouldve bought more but another company I used to work at just hit 1$ a share and I'm expectin it raise

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point accuracy

When analysts say
    You do realize that 60% of all trades are now HFTs...Analysts articles do NOT influence those computer algorithms...
    Paul in VT

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1088  

Quote Originally Posted by DIA.NSA.CIA View Post
    You do realize that 60% of all trades are now HFTs...
    info : HFTs = high frequency trading systems (means computers reacting under the millisecond based on pre-defined rules).
    But still, these rules are set by ... humans. Happily there's still human appreciation behind that (define the rules logic, set the actions parameters, arbitrage in non standard situations ...).
    This is what "targets" are made for.
    CrackBerry Abuser

HFT have minimal long term effect on stock price. In most cases they establish a single penny spread with the consequence of encouraging orders to go out as market orders, which means you are giving away a penny. They make lots of money pennies at a time.

Second, if a stock runs up and the short position falls, it is obvious the two things are related. What is not obvious is that it also tends to include profit taking. Thus support levels tend to be materially weaker than at first sight. You can verify what the professional market makers think by comparing implied volatilities between puts and calls of similar strikes and expiries. (Similar strike meaning amount in or out of the money, not same strike price)

Lastly, RIM is not going to sell 45 million phones in 2013. They can't produce that many phones, so it stands they can't sell that many -- at least not in 2013. Also, that would be like turning over half of all existing users in one year. That's craziness.
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (12-10-2012) 
    Superfly_FR and BThunderW like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

Default Re: I support RIM and I buy shares !

What's craziness and what's optimism? Is hard to tell around these parts.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by bk1022 View Post
    Lastly, RIM is not going to sell 45 million phones in 2013. They can't produce that many phones, so it stands they can't sell that many -- at least not in 2013. Also, that would be like turning over half of all existing users in one year. That's craziness.
    Like I said before, I am prepared to eat the metaphorical crow, if the share doesn't go up to +- 25% of $100 by Jan, 2014.
    Dear BlackBerry,

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

When analysts say
    That advice in the headline is ridiculous and completely unsupported by the "study" that the Globe and Mail cited. Take a quick look a the graph in the study and you will see how bad the conclusion is.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nine times out of ten, when an analyst say buy, run away; but when an analyst says absolutely nothing, that is a buy signal. When an analyst says sell, it's random.

Cynical enough for all of you?
    CrackBerry Addict

Like I said before, I am prepared to eat the metaphorical crow, if the share doesn't go up to +- 25% of $100 by Jan, 2014.
    Metaphorical crow doesn't mean much. How about actual crow?

Global Posts
    11,456 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    What's craziness and what's optimism? Is hard to tell around these parts.
    Your posts here aren't usually optimistic.

Global Posts
    11,456 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    That advice in the headline is ridiculous and completely unsupported by the "study" that the Globe and Mail cited. Take a quick look a the graph in the study and you will see how bad the conclusion is.
    I didn't write it. Merely passing it along.

You may want to write a leter to the Editor of the G&M and see what they have to say.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by mcmolineux View Post
    Metaphorical crow doesn't mean much. How about actual crow?
    No.
    Dear BlackBerry,

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bk1022 View Post
    HFT have minimal long term effect on stock price. In most cases they establish a single penny spread with the consequence of encouraging orders to go out as market orders, which means you are giving away a penny. They make lots of money pennies at a time.

Second, if a stock runs up and the short position falls, it is obvious the two things are related. What is not obvious is that it also tends to include profit taking. Thus support levels tend to be materially weaker than at first sight. You can verify what the professional market makers think by comparing implied volatilities between puts and calls of similar strikes and expiries. (Similar strike meaning amount in or out of the money, not same strike price)

That's a very good explanation of things. I'm assuming though that you're talking about 45 million BB10 phones, not total phones including BB7. Agree that it would be extremely difficult for them to sell that many BB10s in 2013. I'd be pretty happy with just over half of that.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I can't find the original link, but I read a very comprehensive analysis of RIMM EPS and profit. The conclusion was that in order to meet its $43/ps eoy target RIM would have to ship roughly 35 million devices in 2013. Not impossible, but one helluva task.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1100  

Quote Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
    That's a very good explanation of things. I'm assuming though that you're talking about 45 million BB10 phones, not total phones including BB7. Agree that it would be extremely difficult for them to sell that many BB10s in 2013. I'd be pretty happy with just over half of that.
    Go for 20 Million (real success) and stand to the slow recovery is the best option IMHO.

Patience is the key, rush is the danger. I sincerely hope they've simulated and planned that (very unlikely 40M+) scenario of incredible success.
    Would be as challenging as current situation, IMHO. So many challenges ... even appl can "die" because of that.