View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It simply did what the overall market did. The days chart is pretty much the same for BBRY, Nasdaq, S&P, and DOW, and many other stocks.

Posted via CB10
    Look at the chart for 6 weeks post Dec ER and March ER. Looks like the same pattern (although time period is a bit off). So maybe we see it dip to 6.50 again for the low before rebounding.
    05-03-16 04:55 PM
    Look at the chart for 6 weeks post Dec ER and March ER. Looks like the same pattern (although time period is a bit off). So maybe we see it dip to 6.50 again for the low before rebounding.
    I wouldn't mind that - back up the truck and pick up some more shares on the cheap.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:01 PM
    It simply did what the overall market did. The days chart is pretty much the same for BBRY, Nasdaq, S&P, and DOW, and many other stocks.

Posted via CB10
    Nanana! It's because I posted a chart of BBRY on this thread a day before and said that I liked the last candle. Every time I say something nice about BBRY sp it does the opposite. Go figure!! 😬 I jinxed it again!

I should've learned from SF! Huh!!
    05-03-16 05:09 PM
    Not a good example to look at for forward moves. That downtrend was the market tank and almost everything got hammered. I'm not saying that $6.50 isn't on deck thought. If it does, and it really isn't far away, it will be due to fear selling, risk off trading, and a flight to safety coupled with the fact that today it closed below the trendline.
    05-03-16 05:20 PM
    05-03-16 06:53 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Every time John Chen signals new handsets are coming, the stock drops several percentage points because the market anticipates him spending money with not much profit potential.
    BlackBerry stock is still getting hammered daily by certain institutions who are massively Short Selling and manipulating this stock (short ratio now 19.70).. and there is very little real news to convince them to change their tactics, otherwise.... until such time as Blackberry executes on all fronts! ... and shows the "turnaround" as reflected in sustainable revenue and profit growth.

Yes, general market and tech sector conditions are also influencing the stock.... but perceived weak players get pounded disproportionately...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 05-04-16 at 09:28 AM.
    05-04-16 08:08 AM
    As much as we like to follow BBRY on a daily basis, it is a small company, a foreign one at that, and, for most funds it is ill-liquid in many cases. The major problem is that it is so transparent, we all know that going forward, we are to expect 30% organic growth in everything but hardware. For the most part, it is a predictable and forgotten stock. Here is the 14 month chart for BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-may-4-2016.png

And so we are more susceptible to swings related to technical hits/misses. Today we are once again, touching the oversold area of an RSI = 30. History has taught us that whenever we hit RSI = 30 we have made a TA bottom, we are there on very light volume today. We failed to breakout above $ 7.30/shr on our last rally and now we are paying the price for that. Today, is a logical day to add to your position as much as we would rather see the stock just go up from here on in. We should bounce off this level and take another shot at that $ 7.30 area in the weeks ahead, GL

PS. I would add one more point, there is zero chance that it will be acquired down at these levels so the thought of no one being able to convince Prem to sell his shares doesn't help either. Even John Chen is on board with this scenario.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 05-04-16 at 12:01 PM.
    05-04-16 11:48 AM
    I think I'll add some at this price. But I think BBRY will continue to decline each time they make this type of vague commitment to hardware. Either they will spend very little money on the new hardware (purchase commitments | advertising) in which case the hardware won't matter. OR they will get crazy and spend money on these new models and materially deteriorate their position. I'm hoping and planning on the former. The risk is that they lose focus and do the latter.

OTOH, I believe in my original thesis that they will (eventually!) get wise and drop hardware, and then this is a $10-$12 stock next year on the strength of their long term businesses (and the cash I hope they won't spend advertising new hardware!)

We'll see. At $6.70 I like the odds.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 05-04-16 at 02:56 PM.
    05-04-16 01:05 PM
    AAPL is well under triple digits now. So they are failing investors too. Is BBRY guilty by association? Or just judged too uncertain and weak to care? Or does this present an opportunity where Apple is weakened and people / corporations again look at BBRY?

Or will one large ISIS data breach of DOD bring people flocking back to BB?

If the outlook is only ultimately a $12-15 stock it remains a loser for me. Maybe time to bail and take the loss and the lesson.

Posted via CB10
    masterful and La Emperor like this.
    05-04-16 02:22 PM
    Big volume driving it up here at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 02:44 PM
    05-04-16 03:37 PM
    It's been so quiet here...did something happen with OT posts lol? I got nothing to read at work

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 07:06 PM
    Ok thanks for the chart Morgan....looks good....we bottom at 30 RSI then try to get back to 8.20ish over the next 4-6 weeks.

Yep something happened with OT posts...I missed some warnings then got a red card so I take the blame for the thread time-out. Yep boring thread without the OT these days.
    05-04-16 08:31 PM
    Someone should make an, I Support BBRY and I Buy Shares: Official OT Forum...I'd do it but I don't know how to on the app....

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    05-04-16 09:31 PM
    Ok thanks for the chart Morgan....looks good....we bottom at 30 RSI then try to get back to 8.20ish over the next 4-6 weeks.

Yep something happened with OT posts...I missed some warnings then got a red card so I take the blame for the thread time-out. Yep boring thread without the OT these days.
    Most of the frequent posters here were adults, people who knew how to get shat done, were bosses themselves. They contributed to this forum to make it an informative and entertaining place. It was hard to take being controlled by people who might or might not know better and tried to run it into the ground - repeatedly. I miss the good old days...

Oh, yes, I still support BBRY and still do hold shares. LOL

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, Corbu, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    05-05-16 06:03 AM
    From another CB page, and not promoting any politics: In a John Chen voice: "I did not have textual relations with that woman, Mrs. Clinton."

Hillary Clinton's BlackBerry envy failed to impress the NSA - CNET
    "Clinton liked to use her BlackBerry rather than a desktop or laptop to stay on top of her emails at all times, but this was a problem at the secure office space at the State Department's headquarters, where wireless devices were banned, according to the documents. To overcome this, she requested the same modified 8830 World Edition used by the president, which would allow her to check her email constantly, something she had become accustomed to during the 2008 presidential campaign.

The NSA refused, saying that it had phased out the waivers that allowed her predecessor, Condoleezza Rice, to use a BlackBerry as they had been "expanded to an unmanageable number of users from a security perspective."

Clinton, now the front-runner in the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries, carried on using her personal BlackBerry for state business after her request for a customized secure device was rejected by the NSA. She has since apologized and claimed that she never used the BlackBerry to send classified information."
    05-05-16 07:25 AM
    Most of the frequent posters here were adults, people who knew how to get shat done, were bosses themselves. They contributed to this forum to make it an informative and entertaining place. It was hard to take being controlled by people who might or might not know better and tried to run it into the ground - repeatedly. I miss the good old days...

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't have said it any better. Yes. I do support BlackBerry and I still hold bbry shares.
    Just that, people who don't support bbry and don't hold shares have the judge button. LoL.
    So, staying away from this place to make "em" happy.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    05-05-16 09:31 AM
    05-05-16 09:35 AM
    On Microsoft's TechNet blog:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...e-marketplace/
    Step-By-Step: Deploying Blackberry Enterprise Service on Azure via Azure Marketplace
    05-05-16 10:56 AM
    FTR:

JC @ The Milken Institute Global Conference

Digital Darwinism: How Companies Can Survive and Thrive in the Digital Age

05-05-16 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very seldom do I post anything here but very well said PB. There were something good that drew us together. Ditto on the good old days. Doesn't mean we can't go searching for that Utopia
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    05-05-16 05:15 PM
    MOBL $254MM... fyi

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    05-05-16 05:37 PM
    MOBL $254MM... fyi

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    You really like the idea uh

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    05-05-16 05:47 PM
    You really like the idea uh

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    Lol. . If they still have 10% market share and we can convert them to a new platform, and then cross sell & up sell.

Besides, its so quite around here. It would give us something to talk about. .

Also fun to watch them drop .

05-05-16 10:06 PM
    OT - I bit the bullet and dove in head first. Here's the evening view from my new home to be.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160505_212852_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 11:51 PM
113,250 ... 39103911391239133914 ...