View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?
- 1022. You may not vote on this poll
guys, I gave my "strategy" (or such) from this very beginning: I hold, I stand, I wait, I trust.
I wanted a two digit raise ... should be here for me tomorrow.
But it won't pay the used car for my daughter. Not yet.
Said it was about trust (that appears to be a more adequate word than "faith") and that I was going looooong.
I will, unless I really need this money back.
Maybe in 3 years, this post will still be alive ... who knows ?
- 11-22-12, 09:49 PM #952
so i was vaguely aware of the 11.50ish range during the day.....get home and take a look and its at 12 bucks .
I spent a good little while trying to predict whether it'll continue to go up and hit 15 in a few days, or the american markets opening tomorrow will make it drop again so i can buy cheaper. In the end though i decided to buy in at 12, in case it goes up.....i've already missed it when it was at 9.50ish like 2 days ago .
What are the odds that rim will have more good news at their next quarterly financial disclusure?
no comment ? you bet
I WANT MORE DANCE !
- 11-23-12, 08:19 AM #959
When the analysts were pessimistic, posters here called them all sorts of names (ANALcysts was my favorite) and they were all supposedly shorting RIMM .
Where have all of the smart people gone who saw through this manipulation and conspiracies?
Now all of a sudden the articles are insightful and fair, and the analysts have seen the light. I'm reaching out to the conspiracy theorists here. Isn't there a single voice who will caution that maybe what is happening here is a pump and dump? Talk up the stock until launch date, set up unrealistic sales figures, then dump the stock before any sales numbers get reported?
oh, did I tell already ? lol
- 11-23-12, 12:38 PM #962
- 11-23-12, 01:20 PM #963
That reflects two distinct possibilities: (1.) that a strong launch of BlackBerry 10 might trigger a big upswing driven by short sellers trying to cover their bets or, (2.) a weak launch could push the stock even below its record low, as the company is presumed to have few prospects without a competitive platform.
“With greater carrier shelf space and marketing support, we now believe BB10 has a 20%-30% probability of success,” Misek wrote, upping his price target from $5 to $10, adding that, despite those poor odds, “the potential reward is high.”
- 11-23-12, 01:29 PM #964
Note as well that this is the guy who insisted that RIM's sky was falling because BB10 wouldn't be available until March, and that this was further proof of their inability to meet targets. This, despite the fact that A) "March" is still within RIM's stated target of calendar Q1 and B) that he appears to have been off the mark anyway, since at this point it seems that the handsets will ship shortly after the Jan 30 launch.
- 11-23-12, 01:36 PM #965
- 11-23-12, 04:20 PM #966CB Kevin "if a single member is going to bring this community down by their consistent negative contributions and never add anything of merit or substance to the forums, I'd rather them not be a member at all (even if they didn't "break" the rules)."
- 11-23-12, 04:21 PM #967CB Kevin "if a single member is going to bring this community down by their consistent negative contributions and never add anything of merit or substance to the forums, I'd rather them not be a member at all (even if they didn't "break" the rules)."
- 11-24-12, 08:17 AM #971
This isn't investing, it's gambling. When the music stops, sometime next spring, as first-quarter smartphone sales are reported, reality could set in for both companies.
I don't think either one stands much of a chance over the long haul; they've simply fallen too far behind Google and Apple and Samsung to ever matter much again, regardless of how good their devices are.
But until the music does stop, such open-ended speculation will likely continue and could probably be good for a trade, at least for a few months.
- CrackBerry User
11-24-12, 11:01 AM #973
- 17 Posts
well i want to buy RIM shares... just cant get hold of any cause I'm located overseas... but I say buy now asap, and sell by April/May timing.. it should shoot up significantly... thats easy money right there.. by at least 200%.. do your research and check out the device, etc... its easy to see that its going to succeed even if its just for the short term...
I must say I have a "double effect" while I invested with €->$ conversion, that's makes the even point a bit harder to fix, depending of the change value.
i am confused. i want to support rim and buy bb10 on day 1 but i really want to get keyboard versionBy bitek in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 27Last Post: 11-15-12, 05:41 PM
- By IamGOV in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 0Last Post: 08-05-09, 04:59 PM
- By mistyinca in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-18-09, 05:03 PM