Page 38 of 2579 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148881385381038 ... LastLast
Like Tree159445Likes

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #926  

It's all about ... news.
    Here you go (Reuters ... not a blog or a group ... heavy weight impact)
    National Bank Financial analyst Kris Thompson boosted his price target on shares of the embattled BlackBerry maker to $15 from $12. Thompson argues there is more money to be made in the stock, ahead of the early 2013 launch of RIM's make-or-break new line of devices powered by its BlackBerry 10 operating system.
    [...]
    "The new management team is executing by maintaining the BlackBerry subscriber base, managing costs and cash, and seemingly readying a February 2013 BB10 global platform launch," said Thompson in a note to clients.
    [...]
    Thompson said he now expects RIM to ship about 35.5 million devices in fiscal 2014, up from an earlier estimate of 31.6 million.
    "The shipments boost reflects about one more month of BB10 product availability plus a little extra for the positive sentiment building in the industry from our discussions," he said.
    UPDATE 1-RIM shares rally as optimism around new devices grows | Reuters

Wooooahhhh !
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #927  

Quote Originally Posted by Shlooky View Post
    Buy RIM shares? You kidding right? Haven't you seen how fast they are dropping? Would you like to lose money? I think not.
    It's been a while I didn't rewind this thread ... lol, sorry you got caught as example
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Addict

at 11.73 at the time of this post, up $1.50 today alone. i'm loving it!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It just hit 11.98 for a bit there. It's looking like it may break 12 today.

Either way. RIM has officially paid for every phone I've ever bought in the past and will buy in the future
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    Either way. RIM has officially paid for every phone I've ever bought in the past and will buy in the future
    Not until you sell.
    FSeverino likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Does the prices on TSX usually reflect or influence the prices on Nasdaq or vice versa ? sry if this seems like a stupid question
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts

It will be very interesting tomorrow... the US markets are closed, so we can see a lot of people selling off the stock they bought at $7 or a lot of people buying because they realize this may go a lot higher.

tomorrow will be the day to see where this stock will go in the near future

(and i am kicking myself REALLY HARD for not buying at $7!!!... or at all)
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by s0be View Post
    Does the prices on TSX usually reflect or influence the prices on Nasdaq or vice versa ? sry if this seems like a stupid question
    I've found that it usually trades at par minus any currency exchange corrections.

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Grrrr... sold yesterday, trying to time a dip. That will teach me.

Back in now, but I missed that sweet jump this morning...
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by FSeverino View Post
    It will be very interesting tomorrow... the US markets are closed, so we can see a lot of people selling off the stock they bought at $7 or a lot of people buying because they realize this may go a lot higher.
    Or a lot of people trying to cover shorts (though I suppose this might be what you meant by your second scenario).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts

well, yea... i just didnt want to list all the possibilities so i gave one positive (buying) and one negative (selling) lol, because the two options are up or down
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s0be View Post
    It's not a stupid question (remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people), but it's got an easy answer: Research In Motion Limited: TSE:RIM quotes & news - Google Finance

(Needs Flash enabled.) You can play with the Zoom level to see how that looks over various periods, or move the slider thingy at the bottom.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Addict

Tomorrow will be most interesting day of RIM shares. Americans will wake up with 15% increase so there will be short squeeze, profit taking from early dips and short term investors who thinks it will go up to $15 so let see who wins...I predict it will go down a little bit for one or two sessions and then $15 coming up..Share your thoughts. I am kicking myself for selling some yesterday..Go RIM GO
    CrackBerry Abuser

I bought share the other day, and already I have made $150! Go Rim go!

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    Tomorrow will be most interesting day of RIM shares. Americans will wake up with 15% increase so there will be short squeeze, profit taking from early dips and short term investors who thinks it will go up to $15 so let see who wins...I predict it will go down a little bit for one or two sessions and then $15 coming up..Share your thoughts. I am kicking myself for selling some yesterday..Go RIM GO
    That's alright, I sold yesterday too, so I feel your pain.

OTOH, I bought my shares at $6.20 back in Sept, so missing this morning's jump wasn't great but I can live with it. Better: I've got a bet for a bottle of Scotch with an (Apple-fanboi) acquaintance that RIM would be over $20 by the end of 2013, so that's looking better by the day

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Holy cow! RIM may close above $12!!

A couple more days like this their market cap will be higher than Nokia's!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Default I support RIM and I buy shares !

Its interesting to see how much the holiday closure of Wall Street has affected the SP. I wonder what kind of hiccup today's rally with produce with the trading algorithms when the market re-opens tomorrow.

My plan is to hold onto my shares for at least 5 years until the new platform matures.
    I still believe in BlackBerry.
    Keep Strong and Stay Long.
    -paradigmslip.ca-
    CrackBerry Abuser

12.00 +1.77 (17.30%)

Twas a good day
    Superfly_FR likes this.

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by morlock_man View Post
    Its interesting to see how much the holiday closure of Wall Street has affected the SP. I wonder what kind of hiccup today's rally with produce with the trading algorithms when the market re-opens tomorrow.

My plan is to hold onto my shares for at least 5 years until the new platform matures.
    My big question is what the reaction will be among the other analysts. If a few more climb on board and revise their targets we might see this sustained.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    12.00 +1.77 (17.30%)

Twas a good day
    i second that. overall the stock is up over 30% since i bought a short time ago.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by 416to604 View Post
    i second that. overall the stock is up over 30% since i bought a short time ago.
    Next stop $15.00...anyone

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadben10 View Post
    Next stop $15.00...anyone
    I hope so. Got back in at $11.77 today... I suspect we'll see some profit-taking tomorrow, unfortunately.

I can live with it, though. I still (personally) see $40 by the end of next year, and $100 at the end of 2014. If all goes well. After today I'm not going to try to time any more dips.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Thinking about buying some shares.... will see what happen in the next fes days.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Loving it i brought mine about 5/6 weeks ago on at $6.31, wife moaned about it but happy now that i can take profit to pay for my BB10
    BlackBerry Phone and Share Holder By Choice.
    CrackBerry Addict

I expect to go even higer tomorrow due to short covering in american exchnage, the hype, more positivie review..Basically the reversal of all bashing that RIMM had to deal with it for months..Now you will see lots of positive articles means higher price. Who knows Samsung, MS might even try hostile takeover @ 20 now as they do not want to pay $100 later.